Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to stay in New York

Options
  • 26-05-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Me and my boyfriend are heading to New York for 10 days/14 days at the end of November but we are lost as to where to stay. We are looking for somewhere with easy access to all the usual tourist-y things to do but not too expensive, we want spend our money for shopping 😄😄

We were thinking somewhere for in or around €1500?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

10/14 days is IMHO a lot of timer to just spend in the city. I'd suggest taking a mini-trip out of the city up the coast to Boston perhaps and break the trip in 2 (or fly into NYC and out of Boston).

> We are looking for somewhere with easy access to all the usual tourist-y things to do but not too expensive

Hotels will start at 150e a night if you want to be central. Maybe cheaper off-peak though.

The Pod is small but decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

We will be there at the start of November 7 days in New York then the train up to Boston for 5 days. We've lived in both places.

In tNew York, we're booking into the Distrikt Hotel in midtown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Hey, if go into independent youth and travel or back through my posts, you'll find the New York thread with loads of recommendations.

We're going in October and we've booked an apartment through airbnb. An apartment for 4 for 5 nights cost us 1280, off the top of my head. I forgot to mention that there are four of us.

We were advised to stay in the east Village because of it's proximity to the tourist bits and it's laid back atmosphere.

Hav a look and you'll find the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ive stayed both on times square and a bit away from it and i'd definatly recomend a hotel off times square for a more relaxed layed back expierence. I stayed in the hilton manhatton east(formally the tudor hotel east 42nd and 2nd) it was nice, relaxed and just a short walk/ taxi to all the major attractions. The benefit of manhatton is no matter where you stay your almost always beside a main area or attraction.

Advertisement