Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend good griddle pan and side hob?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I can never find enough space on my 4 ring ceramic hob, it's just not designed to manage two pots and a griddle pan!!!

So I'm considering a separate induction hob (single) and a dedicated griddle pan for stakes... Yum.

I considered a George Foreman type of grill but I'm a bloke and i like to cook, and that means turning over a juicy stake 😜 not watching a machine coot it for me.

So I considered Jamie Oliver tefal induction grill pan but the reviews on Amazon are really crap.

Can anyone recommend a good quality induction grill pan ?

Thanks
    Ray

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Get a cast iron griddle pan in TK Maxx forget the lightweight non stick stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

+1 on the cast iron pan.
    And you're right to stay away from George Foreman type things - they get nowhere near hot enough to properly sear meat.

Sorry, no experience of induction single hobs but I Lidl often have them (no idea of quality but relatively inexpensive).

I have an induction hob BTW and use a cast iron griddle pan for my steaks

10300435_10152457169758474_6221570945521569975_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Aldi currently have a 1 ring induction hob for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Doh !!!!
    I did not realise that any pot which has a strong attraction to a magnet was induction ready.

It yurns out that 6 out of 8 pots/pans in my house are induction ready anyway... happy days.

Thanks for the tip.

Ps, those are seriously massive stakes... yum.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Aldi currently have a 1 ring induction hob for €40

Good find, thanks.

The Tefal shop in Kildare center are doing the Tefal Induction Hob at €49... its €69.49 in Agos.

trackerman wrote: »
    Doh !!!!
    I did not realise that any pot which has a strong attraction to a magnet was induction ready.

It yurns out that 6 out of 8 pots/pans in my house are induction ready anyway... happy days.

Thanks for the tip.

Ps, those are seriously massive stakes... yum.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

They worked out well

10150710_10152457366753474_5997797716441981320_n.jpg

Cut me a slice of that add some pepercorn suace and oven chips... pure heaven.

I purchased the Aldi induction hob but took it back same day.... it sounds like a hovercraft in the kitchen, not even my extractor on full speed sounds as loud!!!

Do they all do that?
    Any makes of single induction hob that don't have a gigantic big fan in the base?

Advertisement