Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP5

• 26-05-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting an MP5 and was just wondering are there any brands to avoid? Any recommendations? I've had a few m4s and know the good from the not so good. Does it carry across the models as well?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I got a G&G MP5SD6 off here a few months ago. Its the top tech version and i find it very good. The body seems really strong and there is a fair bit of weight to the gun but its not too heavy.

Ive had it out i think twice and I found the range excellent. Probably not as good as my G&P M4 which has excellent range. It is defiantly useable outdoors without problems. The stock is very comfortable and has loads of adjustment.

Rail space is limited but I managed to fit a laser and torch to the rail on top. It would have been nice if they had extended the barrel into the suppresser because the gun looks pretty stupid with it off.

I can fit a 9.6v nunchuck battery in the handguard easily.

I have MAG, JG and G&P mags and they all fit no problems but I also have a CYMA 520 round hi cap and that wont feed properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Over the years I've had many MP5's, I cannot remember the worst ones and here are the best ones I've owned or used:

- Classic Army MP5 A4 (currently owned, Proline B&T model)
    - Classic Army MP5 SD6 (owned, pre-2012 B&T model)
    - CYMA MP5 SD6 with A4 Fixed Stock and upgrades (used and when done right, the CYMA is a good option)

Now for my MP5 wish list:

- Systema MP5 A4 (http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Systema_PTW_Professional_Training_Weapons_Systema_PTW_Professional_Training_Weapon_TW5_A4_NP5_MAX_font_color_yellow_Free_Shipping_font.htm)

leonardo-di-caprio-biting-his-own-fist.jpg

Advertisement