Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 7 GAA games

Options
  • 27-05-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know if a list of what games are being shown and when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I have struggled to find details in advance. The last couple of weekends I just checked TV schedule on weekend to see what they were showing. They are doing a fairly crap job at promoting it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

Donegal v Derry live at 11pm - Channel 7 show it starting at Midnight...pretty frustrating.

Same with Cork Clare hurling....Why not just show it live?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Phil UGC

If you use ebroadcast.com.au/tv and click on the "TV search engine" tab, type in "Gaelic" you get the program times/dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Seems to be Fermanagh vs Antrim on tonight at 12:30, was looking forward to Tipp vs Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

They're doing a really crappy job here I think....Was looking forward to watching Kildare Vs Louth this Sunday at 11pm Vic time(holiday next Monday) but looks like they are showing some GAA coverage from 3:30am until 6 in the morning.

Anyone know of details to contact channel 7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

sin_city wrote: »
    They're doing a really crappy job here I think....Was looking forward to watching Kildare Vs Louth this Sunday at 11pm Vic time(holiday next Monday) but looks like they are showing some GAA coverage from 3:30am until 6 in the morning.

Anyone know of details to contact channel 7?

That's not what I see. Below is the coverage this weeken. Actually this is NSW, might be different to Victoria.

Gaelic Football
    12:00 am Monday 9th Jun on 7mate (73/63/60/70)
    Coverage of the 2014 GAA Football and Hurling Championships. more..Gaelic Football
    3:30 am Sunday 8th Jun on 7mate (73/63/60/70)
    Coverage of the 2014 GAA Football and Hurling Championships. more..Gaelic Football
    2:00 am Monday 9th Jun on 7mate (73/63/60/70)
    3:30 am Sunday 15th Jun on 7mate (73/63/60/70)
    Coverage of the 2014 GAA Football and Hurling Championships. more..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hoffog

doing a really crap job.
    looks like they are not showing the clare v waterford/cork munster hurling game which is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

hoffog wrote: »
    doing a really crap job.
    looks like they are not showing the clare v waterford/cork munster hurling game which is a joke.

It's an online exclusive on rte so that's probably why.

Have they showed the full program's or just start the show at the throw in?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

digiman wrote: »
    It's an online exclusive on rte so that's probably why.

Have they showed the full program's or just start the show at the throw in?

cant believe that is not going to be on! From what I understood was that that 7's deal was that they would be showing all the same games as RTE. Clearly i was wrong! Ugh! Where did you find the listings digiman?

I watched the hurling last weekend and there was a 15 min delay for throw in so I had to endure some Shannon Doherty crap for 45 mins! Then the cut over to Croker...They showed the parade, national anthem etc...no panel discussion in the studio but at half time they had the camera on the sideline and were showing Tomás Mulcahy's answers to whatever the lads in the studio were asking him. Wasnt great but look, we got to see the game and thats the main thing :)

Also most importantly, I heard the Sunday Game theme at the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

I'm visiting Ireland, Cork/Waterford wasn't televised today.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hurling/cork-waterford-replay-wonrsquot-be-televised-live-270285.html
    I'm not sure if it was online after, we listened to it on Cork radio while Dublin played Laois on RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

melonstar wrote: »
    cant believe that is not going to be on! From what I understood was that that 7's deal was that they would be showing all the same games as RTE. Clearly i was wrong! Ugh! Where did you find the listings digiman?

I watched the hurling last weekend and there was a 15 min delay for throw in so I had to endure some Shannon Doherty crap for 45 mins! Then the cut over to Croker...They showed the parade, national anthem etc...no panel discussion in the studio but at half time they had the camera on the sideline and were showing Tomás Mulcahy's answers to whatever the lads in the studio were asking him. Wasnt great but look, we got to see the game and thats the main thing :)

Also most importantly, I heard the Sunday Game theme at the end :)

This is what I was going by:

http://gaago.rte.ie/fixtures.html

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

I'm visiting Ireland, Cork/Waterford wasn't televised today.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hurling/cork-waterford-replay-wonrsquot-be-televised-live-270285.html
    I'm not sure if it was online after, we listened to it on Cork radio while Dublin played Laois on RTE

It was online, I watched it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

This weekend games according to http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/ for Victoria. A bit sceptical about the Wex v Dub being shown as thats a Sky game...

3:30 am Sunday 15th Jun. Wexford v Dublin hurling
    12:00 am Monday 16th Jun. Monaghan v Tyrone football
    2:00 am Monday 16th Jun. Clare v Cork hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

They're free on RTE online for a few weeks more I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

melonstar wrote: »
    This weekend games according to http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/ for Victoria. A bit sceptical about the Wex v Dub being shown as thats a Sky game...

3:30 am Sunday 15th Jun. Wexford v Dublin hurling
    12:00 am Monday 16th Jun. Monaghan v Tyrone football
    2:00 am Monday 16th Jun. Clare v Cork hurling

They're showing all 45 games that are being broadcast in Ireland this summer so all sky and RTE games will be shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Does anyone know why there is a delay in coverage? For the munster final last night i had to abstain from checking my phone, facebook texts etc. When channel 7 announced they would be covering Gaa it stated "live" coverage of 45 games.

At least Setanta had live coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

They are making a balls of it!

So between 11pm and midnight they had 1000 ways to die....surely not a huge audience for that rubbish.

I tried to get an email address to ask them but channel 7 don't have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

I know the Monaghan-Armagh match on a Saturday (4am start) was live as I was watching it (so presumably the other Saturday matches have been live too, I slept through the others) but the Sunday games being delayed by an hour is a dead loss. I want to see the matches live, not delayed, and there's really no point in 7 having rights if they're not going to show them live. Also means there's only one pub in Sydney showing the matches live (Scruffy Murphy's - PJ O'Brien's and Cheers show the delayed 7 coverage I think) and that's via GAAGO so it's basically an internet stream which regularly buffers and not a television quality picture. When the 7 deal was announced it looked good on paper but that's not the way it's turning out.

Advertisement