Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildura Central Backpackers - Good or Bad Working Hostel?

Options
  • 27-05-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys,

So I'm looking for somewhere to complete my remaining 46 days Regional Work. After calling so many working hostels and having no luck, Mildura Central Backpackers was the only one that has vacancies and work available at the moment. However there doesn't seem to be anything online about it. It has no website and I can't find any reviews or blogs about it. It has a Facebook page but isn't updated that often. I'm worried about booking in there as I've heard so many horror stories about hostels in Mildura and when I can't find out anything about this hostel, this just adds to my worry.

If anyone has stayed at this hostel or knows someone who has could you please post some info (good or bad) on here please. I really would appreciate it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

If its the one on the main road I'm thinking of, we didn't have the best experience with them. Luckily there was five of us so was cheaper to rent a mobile home at the big 4 holiday park up the road. We got a few days work from the hostel but it wasn't consistent plus they charged $10 p/day for getting us the work. At the end of the week what little wages we were owed was short.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Musicaddict1

Slunk wrote: »
    If its the one on the main road I'm thinking of, we didn't have the best experience with them. Luckily there was five of us so was cheaper to rent a mobile home at the big 4 holiday park up the road. We got a few days work from the hostel but it wasn't consistent plus they charged $10 p/day for getting us the work. At the end of the week what little wages we were owed was short.

How long ago was that Slunk?

Advertisement