Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive weapon being carried for defence

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

234 wrote: »
    Why are people still suggesting nunchucks, military combat training, and other ridiculous things? If it's you against 30 other guys you are going to loose. Real life isn't some Matrix fight scene. The only effective way to deal with these situations is to avoid them. Once you are surrounded it's already too late and any weapon that you are carrying is liable to be used against you.

The only preparation you can do that'll help when it's 30 on 2 is get doing some cardio. Preferably a combination of speed and endurance training cause you'll want to get away and stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

These scumbags have no respect or fear of the law.Better to carry a weapon that would really hurt them ,it is the only thing they understand .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

kikidelvin wrote: »
    These scumbags have no respect or fear of the law.Better to carry a weapon that would really hurt them ,it is the only thing they understand .

They will understand, and you would be dead. I''d rather live and have them ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joeyob

Well to be fair although there were about 30 of them at the time, Ive a feeling only about 5 or 6 of them would ever have the balls to do anything once its gone to court. In that instance I reckon a pair of knuckle-dusters, with the boxing, should be alright. As I said, these lads are all kids, so it was all pack mentality taking over.
    I'm about a foot taller than most of them so I bet I can get a punch in before I knife gets near me, a broken jaw and smashed teeth should get the point across.. I can understand all the comments from people suggesting that I train cardio, run away etc, and I appreciate all the other comments too but I suppose Ill just have to see what happens next. Running away is unlikely to feature in the plan, but as soon as athe wound is fully healed Ill be back boxing anyways, which is great for cardio just incase one of them whips out a battle-axe or something ha. Cheers all around though lads. Much appreciated.

And yeah, I've seen them twice since, walked straight through the whole lot of them in the park again today and they pretended not to know who I was. ha cowards, theyll know who I am in court anyways. Until then its just the roll of the dice I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joeyob

Oh and to whoever asked, no it wasn't a robbery, but they attacked us because we were walking past them to get to where we had been previously, where the other lad that was with me had lost his phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

joeyob wrote: »
    In that instance I reckon a pair of knuckle-dusters, with the boxing, should be alright.

Also illegal to possess, just fyi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Blay wrote: »
    Also illegal to possess, just fyi.
    Can you get rolls of coins from a bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

OP, it's not a good idea to ask for illegal advice on a forum on the internet. Or any other way, for that matter. Other posters has already advised avoidance. Unless you really are going Rambo and using a machine gun, there is no way you will win a fight against 30 people. I don't even know what this is doing in "Legal Discussion".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,217 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OP, it's not a good idea to ask for illegal advice on a forum on the internet. Or any other way, for that matter. Other posters has already advised avoidance. Unless you really are going Rambo and using a machine gun, there is no way you will win a fight against 30 people. I don't even know what this is doing in "Legal Discussion".

This ain't the first time I've seen this sort of thread - with loads and loads of posters suck(er)ed into it - and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

Don't know what the OP's issue is, but an issue he certainly has.

(Thread reported btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

joeyob wrote: »
    And yeah, I've seen them twice since, walked straight through the whole lot of them in the park again today

You're looking for advice on how to deal with an attack yet you walked back through the park again, right through the same gang that stabbed you.

Am I missing something or is there just no logic in there anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get yourself a nice torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You're looking for advice on how to deal with an attack yet you walked back through the park again, right through the same gang that stabbed you.
    Where did you read this part? I read that they got attacked, and got stabbed whilst walking away from the attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

no law against carrying a hurley for recreational purposes :)

but if it gets taken off ye and used on you, you are in trouble.

pretty sad that this problem actually exists..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

the_syco wrote: »
    Where did you read this part? I read that they got attacked, and got stabbed whilst walking away from the attack?

Second paragraph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

OP

You can take up Hurling , Golf or find your love of animals. German Sheperd's , Doberman and Rottweilers are all beautiful dogs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement