Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellys on the Quay

Options
  • 27-05-2014 7:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I hear O Dwyers shoes of Cork have let Kellys shop on the Quay and are going to have clothing franchise's upstairs as well, which means I can stand outside Kellys on the Quay rather than Dwyers in Cork, Middleton, Dungarvan for hours and hours and hours.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So they're open again. I see it's still got the Kelly's name on too. Have the same people reopened it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

No read the above post GOODES of Killkenny are also trading from it, was in for a look around Monday lovely classy look and feel to the shop. hope they open out on to Cathedral lane, huge missed opportunity there by all the retailers on that block not doing this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

wellboytoo wrote: »
    No read the above post GOODES of Killkenny are also trading from it, was in for a look around Monday lovely classy look and feel to the shop. hope they open out on to Cathedral lane, huge missed opportunity there by all the retailers on that block not doing this IMO.

the lane between the church and chemist and leads down to penneys goods inwards????. its hardly the most inviting alley. i dont see any opportunity there, no one in their right mind walks down. Are we on about same lane, maybe not. Glad to hear Kellys back open again and looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Max Powers wrote: »
    the lane between the church and chemist and leads down to penneys goods inwards????. its hardly the most inviting alley. i dont see any opportunity there, no one in their right mind walks down. Are we on about same lane, maybe not. Glad to hear Kellys back open again and looking well.

Yeah I agree to an extent. That lane has been like that for Donkeys years and the council have done nothin to make it a nice passthrough for shoppers. Kilkenny / Cork etc have numerous lanes like so connecting bigger streets and it seems to enhance them as a whole

As it is I agree with you but re paved and remember it is the Sunny side of those buildings this could be a wonderful asset, think not what is but what could be!

• Advertisement

As it is I agree with you but re paved and remember it is the Sunny side of those buildings this could be a wonderful asset, think not what is but what could be!

repaved, no shop entrances, smelling of urine and kids hanging around smoking or fellas drinking, sounds lovely. This is wishful thinking like the quay should have loads of coffee shops, no car parks, areas to sit relax, enjoy river view. Although nice to think of and achievable, until people actually start getting in their to support city centre these pipe dreams wont happen. There is plenty of places to enjoy sun and coffee, like coffee shop by cathedral, across from the alley mentioned. That alleyway has plenty on one side (barronstrand st) but very little to walk to on other which is why is it underused. Added to that, the main footpath and road is 10 metres away where you can see shops etc, not back doors, wheelie bins and extractor fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Great to see it open again. And the old Insurance building on the corner getting a makeover as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

7upfree wrote: »
    Great to see it open again. And the old Insurance building on the corner getting a makeover as well.

any idea whats going in there

repaved, no shop entrances, smelling of urine and kids hanging around smoking or fellas drinking, sounds lovely. This is wishful thinking like the quay should have loads of coffee shops, no car parks, areas to sit relax, enjoy river view. Although nice to think of and achievable, until people actually start getting in their to support city centre these pipe dreams wont happen. There is plenty of places to enjoy sun and coffee, like coffee shop by cathedral, across from the alley mentioned. That alleyway has plenty on one side (barronstrand st) but very little to walk to on other which is why is it underused. Added to that, the main footpath and road is 10 metres away where you can see shops etc, not back doors, wheelie bins and extractor fans.

ah Max don't you get cynical too, how about some "if you build it they will come" attitude?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Great to hear goods are involved, well run business and they don't take the piss when it comes to employee working hours (they don't open bank holidays for example which is rare these days)

Never heard a bad word about them in kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Cabaal wrote: »
    Great to hear goods are involved, well run business and they don't take the piss when it comes to employee working hours (they don't open bank holidays for example which is rare these days)

Never heard a bad word about them in kilkenny

Have to agree, goods run an excellent shop in Kilkenny, hopefully they will be very successful down here too

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have to agree, goods run an excellent shop in Kilkenny, hopefully they will be very successful down here too

Also when I passed the shop, they are still looking for part-time staff. Had cvs in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

dzilla wrote: »
    any idea whats going in there

No, but they're putting a few quid into it by the looks of it.

ah Max don't you get cynical too, how about some "if you build it they will come" attitude?

field of dreams, its an odd film when you think about it. Yeah, maybe in bad humour yesterday, apologies, better today with speculation of jobs. Im a cynic no doubt, different to being negative, in fact proud to be bit cynical but positive too.

Advertisement