Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre rollout in Celbridge

Options
  • 27-05-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Can someone tell me when the eFibre rollout in Celbridge will actually take place and what the supply criteria are?
    According to the map, with the usual disclaimer in place, it should already be in place (May 2014).
    I called Eircom to find out when my house would be enabled and was told that only "selected" homes would be furnished with efibre. I tried to find out more but got stonewalled (You will be contacted by a representative).

Is this on the level? You actually have to be on a "selected" list?
    Would be nice to get clarity on this and on what the criteria are (if any) to be "selected".

If it is not correct, how does one find out an actual / approximate date?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Italia wrote: »
    Can someone tell me when the eFibre rollout in Celbridge will actually take place and what the supply criteria are?
    According to the map, with the usual disclaimer in place, it should already be in place (May 2014).
    I called Eircom to find out when my house would be enabled and was told that only "selected" homes would be furnished with efibre. I tried to find out more but got stonewalled (You will be contacted by a representative).

Is this on the level? You actually have to be on a "selected" list?
    Would be nice to get clarity on this and on what the criteria are (if any) to be "selected".

If it is not correct, how does one find out an actual / approximate date?

Hi Italia

I'm not aware of any 'selected home list' however I can confirm that the availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets (which service specific areas within the shaded green zone on the map) unlike regular broadband where it is available upon exchange upgrade where all lines connected to the exchange qualify.

The rollout of cabinets is based on a phased basis and works to continue the rollout of the cabinets are planned to continue over the coming years.

If you would like to PM me your specific address or landline number I will check for any plans that would offer you an indication of when to expect efibre.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Thanks Alan.
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Italia wrote: »
    Thanks Alan.
    PM sent
    No worries Italia,

PM'd in reply

Al