Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit rating

Options
  • 27-05-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On my credit report I received last year on 1 of my loans I have 1 payment in arrears but the loan is payed off. I missed this payment 4 years ago and it's the only 1 I ever had and it is scheduled to be removed from my file in 2015. I'm on the verge of applying for a mortgage with my wife and I'm worried it will affect us. Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Miller07 wrote: »
    On my credit report I received last year on 1 of my loans I have 1 payment in arrears but the loan is payed off. I missed this payment 4 years ago and it's the only 1 I ever had and it is scheduled to be removed from my file in 2015. I'm on the verge of applying for a mortgage with my wife and I'm worried it will affect us. Any ideas??

Well it will have some impact. How much depends on the banks interpretation of the credit rating. The credit rating itself is more a record of payment history and its up to the banks how they deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Miller07 wrote: »

When applying for the mortgage just explain why you fell behind one payment i.e sickness, out of work etc. and advise that you cleared same within a month. This should not hugely affect your mortgage application once all other payments were made on time.
    Best of luck

Advertisement