Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome allowed through firewall

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi

Chrome wont let me on to certain sites. It says i cant access the network. Check your firewall settings.

When i check them it says that chrome is allowed private but not public. Is this the reason or is it something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I doubt it's firewall settings unless you have another product installed that allows blocking on a site by site basis - an internet security package perhaps ?

Have you tried a different browser ? Can you ping the "blocked" site ?

First try clearing your DNS cache - open a command prompt and type everything AFTER "c:>":

c:>ipconfig /flushdns

If that doesn't work you could try temporarily disabling the Windows Firewall to see if it makes a difference.

Try this at the command line:

c:>netsh advfirewall set Allprofiles state off

Check Chrome to see if you can access those sites that were blocked. Either way, be sure to turn the Firewall back on.

Turn the firewall back on with:

c:>netsh advfirewall set Allprofiles state on

Check your DNS server settings:

c:>ipconfig /all

Who is your ISP ? Are the restricted sites of the torrent type by any chance ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭martin g

Ive installed the privacy badger app from the chrome store. It blocks spying ads & invisible trackers. I want to try keep that. Its only in beta mode though.

My DNS setting seem to be fine and have flushed the DNS.

Dont have any extra security except my anti virus.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

martin g wrote: »
    Ive installed the privacy badger app from the chrome store. It blocks spying ads & invisible trackers. I want to try keep that. Its only in beta mode though.

My DNS setting seem to be fine and have flushed the DNS.

Dont have any extra security except my anti virus.

Does the issue occur when you disable the app? If it does you may need to disable it, or find another until the devs fix it. Privacy blocking apps are a likely possibility to cause such issues

Nick

Advertisement