Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

part-time Phd student on the verge of leaving

• 27-05-2014 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

HI all,
    Ive been researching a topic for over 6 years whilst working as a full time lecturer (permanent for over 11 years at this stage) and in 2012 I registered as a part-time PhD student. However, as my transfer is quickly approaching I am SERIOUSLY struggling to get through the quantity of work required for what would be acceptable at this level. And I have become very disillusioned with the prospect of applying myself for a few hours after work each night and most of the weekends to get through the material. I am currently in the sate of mind that I would much rather be spending my time with my young family as they will get old before I know it. I am asking if anyone has had to think about similar situations of PHD part-time study? and also what is the process in seeking the option of an MPhil to actually get some sort of credit for the research I have done up to now.
    I know I should speak to my supervisor, and I have done, but I am just looking for others opinions having gone through similar
    Thanks

Advertisement