Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What documentation do I need(j1)

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

going through customs? I have visa in my passport, what else do i need to show?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I'm sure your J1 company gave you a list. You should have:
    • your DS-2019
    • copy of your return flights
    • address where you'll be staying when you first arrive
    • possibly booking confirmation of the address if you are staying in a hotel/hostel

Any other documents you had for the interview. There's never harm in having these going through customs (but only provide what they ask for).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Completed customs declaration form....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

lil_lisa wrote: »
    I'm sure your J1 company gave you a list. You should have:
    • your DS-2019
    • copy of your return flights
    • address where you'll be staying when you first arrive
    • possibly booking confirmation of the address if you are staying in a hotel/hostel

Any other documents you had for the interview. There's never harm in having these going through customs (but only provide what they ask for).

How do you provide proof of address? Just write down the address and hand it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You don't necessarily need proof but just that you know the address. If you have a rental agreement or have paid for a hostel, it's a good idea to bring a copy of the receipt/paperwork. They don't always ask for it, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Advertisement