Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

order cancelled but no mention of refund

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hello. If you order an item online, where the item is listed as available, and the vendor emails you to tell you it is out of stock and the order's cancelled, but does not mention a refund, what can you do? The vendor's email states that will not be charged, but I was immediately charged at the online checkout. have emailed the customer service department three times and also via their Facebook page but still no response and I am very anxious to get the funds back. I pointed out that the order was for an essential item that I would have to purchase elsewhere, urgently needed, and that I have to allow time for delivery and I don't have the funds to purchase elsewhere until the vendor refunds me. I checked the website and the same item is still listed as available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

How did you pay and how long have you been waiting for a response from their customer service?

If you paid by credit card you can contact them and explain the situation, they should be able to issue a chargeback. That can take several weeks to process tho if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

How did you pay and how long have you been waiting for a response from their customer service?

If you paid by credit card you can contact them and explain the situation, they should be able to issue a chargeback. That can take several weeks to process tho if memory serves.

By credit card, and only reently tbh but Im very anxious to have it sorted quickly. If it had been listed as out of stock it wouldnt have happened. I cant really wait for a chargeback :( They are a fairly well known company too.

By credit card, and only reently tbh but Im very anxious to have it sorted quickly. If it had been listed as out of stock it wouldnt have happened. I cant really wait for a chargeback :( They are a fairly well known company too.

I'd give them 2/3 days before contacting the credit card company. If they are a well known company it's possible the refund is already being processed, they just neglected to mention it in the email. It's likely their customer service department is just a bit slow to respond to emails, in my experience that's true for most online retailers.

I'd give them 2/3 days before contacting the credit card company. If they are a well known company it's possible the refund is already being processed, they just neglected to mention it in the email. It's likely their customer service department is just a bit slow to respond to emails, in my experience that's true for most online retailers.

Thanks. That could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It would have to be a VERY well known company - like Amazon, for them to get my credit card info! Paypal or bank transfer is the way to go!

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    It would have to be a VERY well known company - like Amazon, for them to get my credit card info! Paypal or bank transfer is the way to go!

I would have thought bank transfer would be worse than credit card. At least with credit cards you can ask them to chargeback the transaction if something goes wrong. Do you have any type of fall back like that with a bank transfer?

looksee wrote: »

It's smaller than Amazon but almost as well known for what they are. Definitely legitimate and long established, anyway. I would prefer to use paypal but I'm having difficulty linking payal to bank acount, long story but more hassle and delays and stress, lol. I hate banking, seems to cause so much stress and confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

when the vendor does refund you, it can still take up to 10 working days for the funds to appear back in your account.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Are you sure you've been charged? It could be that a reserve has been placed on the funds.

Are you sure you've been charged? It could be that a reserve has been placed on the funds.

I think I have. It's a 3v card, the online statement shows that the amount went to the vendor, and the balance on the card is zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

can I ask if you have picked up the phone and called them to ask what is happening ?..... might have a better chance of getting an answer quicker than positing on Boards .....

whippet wrote: »
    can I ask if you have picked up the phone and called them to ask what is happening ?..... might have a better chance of getting an answer quicker than positing on Boards .....

Fair enough question, yes I have thought about it but I can't afford the phone credit for an international call at the moment, thanks to Setanta lol, so I haven't.

I telephoned them, it was in fact the case that the funds were 'on hold' and it might take 'a couple of days for the funds to fall back into' my account. A lot of silly double speak there but at least the money will be returned, which s something. Hopefully I won't have to make any urgent calls before my next payday now.

Advertisement