Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email?

Options
  • 27-05-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Just received the below email and wondering if its legit?
    Dear Customer,

For complete peace of mind, an extra layer of security will now be needed to access all accounts online. This service will start to function automatically on your account upon activation.
    To activate this service, please click on activate below:
    Activate.

Thanks for choosing us as your Financial Institution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi hellboy99

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

This is certainly a fraudulent email you have received.

Just to mention, Bank of Ireland will never send emails asking customers to confirm any account or password information. We also will never send emails to implement a fix on your account by clicking on a resolution link. These fraudulent emails can be forwarded to 365security@boi.com

If you have clicked on any links in this mail, your computer may be compromised and we strongly recommend you run Anti-Virus software on your computer and do not access your online banking until your software confirms it is clear from viruses. We would also advise to contact Bank of Ireland 365 at your earliest convenience to discuss if your 365 Pin details will need to be changed or cards cancelled on your account, this will depend on any information given on the fraudulent website or link.

Our contact numbers are 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

Our representatives are available Monday-Friday 8 am-12 midnight
                                                          Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9 am-6 pm.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again for your query. For any further questions, please feel free to ask us here.

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I thought as much, I will forward on the mail to you now, thanks.

Advertisement