Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash - O2 Dublin - November

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen his UK dates but didnt think he had announced an Irish date. Delighted though . Fingers crossed for a decent support

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Saw him in the Olympia last year,cracking show, hopefully he'll sound good on the bigger stage in 02

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Seen his UK dates but didnt think he had announced an Irish date. Delighted though . Fingers crossed for a decent support

Maybe Myles could persuade Mark to bring Tremonti if they are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Not sure I'll go. Prefer the smaller gigs up close. I don't like the thought of sitting far away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Why is every medium-sized act under the sun playing the O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

karaokeman wrote: »

Because we haven't got a decent medium-sized venue in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Because this city has no mid range capacity venue, around 5-6,000.

Simplest way would be to build alongside The 02 (On the quays side), wouldn't cost too much as infrastructure already there, they could use the venue for various other crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is the o2 paid off? like is it possible that the setup costs of a new venue would mean that it'd end up costing the same to rent as a debt free o2.

Good points on the lack of a medium-sized venue, this seems to be just another sign :p.

Still would of preferred two nights in an intimate setting like the Olympia.

• Advertisement

What is the capacity of the Simmons court in the rds

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cena wrote: »

6000-7000????? Would be great to use it but its a basically a barn shed

The last time I heard of it been used was for nickelback and the lead singer giving out about how hot it was in the place.

Better sound in my toilet too

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Anybody have a code for the presale tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Grand Canal (Board Gais) Theater is a mid-sized capacity venue (2,111) but it doesn't appear to host many concerts.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Better sound in my toilet too

Slash in your toilet?! There's a joke there somewhere. :pac:

Passenger wrote: »
    The Grand Canal (Board Gais) Theater is a mid-sized capacity venue (2,111) but it doesn't appear to host many concerts.

I like the Grand Canal Theatre (better name for it lol) but, like the NCH, I see it as more suited to folk and easy listening music. Its fully seated always, and I don't think too many diehard Slash fans would tolerate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Presale code for anybody that's interested: WRLD51R3

Well this sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Well this sell out?

I wouldn't say so or at least you'll have plenty of time before it does anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Seen him in the Olympia last time, great show.

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

TopBombing wrote: »
    Seen him in the Olympia last time, great show.

Looking forward to this.

what kind of stuff did he play at that show ? Watched the "live at stoke" again recently, and wondered if this Novemeber show would be similar , playing songs from the different bands he was with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

The last time I heard of it been used was for nickelback and the lead singer giving out about how hot it was in the place.

He was probably complaining about the sound as well because Nickelback were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

syboit wrote: »
    what kind of stuff did he play at that show ? Watched the "live at stoke" again recently, and wondered if this Novemeber show would be similar , playing songs from the different bands he was with ?

Yep, pretty much a selection of all the different bands he's been in.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2013/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-5bdb7fbc.html

OhHiMark wrote: »
    He was probably complaining about the sound as well because Nickelback were playing.

It was the lead singer from nickelback complaining. Stained played that night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It was the lead singer from nickelback complaining. Stained played that night too.

Yeah but he still most likely didn't want to listen to Nickelback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I'd love to go see Slash but I cannot suffer Myles Kennedy's high pitched wailing. Why him Slash? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I'd love to go see Slash but I cannot suffer Myles Kennedy's high pitched wailing. Why him Slash? Why?

I think Myles Kennedy is excellent...if you close your eyes it could be Axl at times..well, nearly.

Schwiiing wrote: »

Myles is an excellent vocalist, and, unlike Axl he's PROFESSIONAL, if he's due on stage at 21:30 he'll be onstage at 21:30

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The whole band in excellent in fairness, even the bassist is a serious vocalist, absolutely blew me away in Olympia.

Advertisement