Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash - O2 Dublin - November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bought my tickets today!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tommy McDonald

Was at Guns N roses in 2012 , which was good , so im expecting Slash to put them to shame at this concert , missed my chance to see him in the olympia last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I've been trying to get seated tickets for this since they went on sale but the only seem to be selling the back 3 or 4 rows. Anyone know what the story is with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

n97 mini wrote: »
    I've been trying to get seated tickets for this since they went on sale but the only seem to be selling the back 3 or 4 rows. Anyone know what the story is with this?

Maybe it's mainly standing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BeatlesFan1992

Desperate to go and no one to go with. I want to cry!

• Advertisement

Was at Guns N roses in 2012 , which was good , so im expecting Slash to put them to shame at this concert , missed my chance to see him in the olympia last year

Seen Guns N Roses in 2012 and it was utter disappointment! Slash wouldn't dream of giving a horrible show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Desperate to go and no one to go with. I want to cry!

Whats the difficulty in going alone?

Whats the difficulty in going alone?

I would gladly go on my own if I wasn't such a shy sap...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I would gladly go on my own if I wasn't such a shy sap...

I used to be like that. I've been to 6 gigs recently on my own and am going to slash on my own too. Don't miss your favourite acts just cos no one else wants to go

neddynono wrote: »
    I used to be like that. I've been to 6 gigs recently on my own and am going to slash on my own too. Don't miss your favourite acts just cos no one else wants to go

My friend is going now. She backed out as first cause she taught tickets were going to be sky high. All is good now. I honestly would love the confidence in going on my own. I would happily go shopping etc on my own but gigs, different story altogether

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

neddynono wrote: »

That was me up until about 4 years ago , no one wanted to go to most of the gigs i wanted to go to so eventually i just got a ticket and every so often would find out a friend is going closer to the date . But i feel its like a festival since you usually go see other bands on your own and once the lights go down no ones gonna notice if you are on your own

These guys are supporting Slash on the tour apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

My friend is going now. She backed out as first cause she taught tickets were going to be sky high. All is good now. I honestly would love the confidence in going on my own. I would happily go shopping etc on my own but gigs, different story altogether

I've no problems going to gigs on my own either, like FuriousRed - sometimes you end up having a great time with strangers, other times just enjoying the show, but if the thoughts of it really put you off, why not register on FestHive or meetup... Plenty of people will be looking for gig buddies, or would be happy to meet for a pint before and head in together

Gilby Clarke has cancelled his European dates due to be talking place during this month, and somehow he is rescheduling the dates for when?? November all around the Slash shows no less!! Strategically planned me thinks :D:D:D musnt have been selling well.

Ticketmaster.ie say these guys are supporting over here

Also their FB confirms they are doing the Irish and EU dates

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh **** that, I'd love to go now!

Mushy wrote: »
    Oh **** that, I'd love to go now!

Only heard that song and am liking them so far . Any other songs you would recommend Mushy?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only heard that song and am liking them so far . Any other songs you would recommend Mushy?

All of The Brown EP. First heard them on an NHL game, think its Seven Seas Blues was on it. Righteous Smoke I love as well. Only have one album out, great opportunity for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Do you think if we all started Chanting "godfather " he would play the legendary solo ?
    Definitely going to try get tickets to this .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Do you think if we all started Chanting "godfather " he would play the legendary solo ?

Legendary? Really?

I'd rather he play actual songs. His solo at the last gig grew tedious after 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

absolutely hate guitarists taking huge solo breaks during sets. Absolutely kills the momentum, a solo is only worth listening to IMO, if the song is giving it context.

Watching Black label society at download 2012, Zakk wylde must have taken three or four solo sections. And with him its just trills and harmonics so you can imagine how tedious that became

• Advertisement

Do you think there will be any classic guns n Roses songs played or will it be all new stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Do you think there will be any classic guns n Roses songs played or will it be all new stuff ?

why don't you Youtube their recent sets and find out for yourself.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No he won't play any GNR at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Friendly responses there. He generally plays a mix of all his stuff, so expect guns stuff,snake pit stuff, his current stuff and some alterbridge. He does gnr better than gnr IMO.

Out of his top 20 most played songs 7 Guns N' Roses songs feature: (Sweet Child O Mine,Paradise City,Night Train,Rocket Queen,You're Crazy,Mr. Brownstone,Welcome To The Jungle)

Here's a recent setlist (AUG 9):
    1. You're a Lie
    2. Nightrain
      (Guns N’ Roses cover)
    3. Halo
    4. Standing in the Sun
    5. Back from Cali
      (Slash cover)
    6. Stone Blind
    7. You Could Be Mine
      (Guns N’ Roses cover)
    8. Doctor Alibi
      (Slash cover)
    9. You're Crazy
      (Guns N’ Roses cover)
    10. Not for Me
    11. 30 Years to Life
    12. Rocket Queen
      (Guns N’ Roses cover)
    13. No More Heroes
    14. Starlight
      (Slash cover)
    15. World on Fire
    16. Anastasia
    17. By the Sword
      (Slash cover)
    18. Sweet Child O' Mine
      (Guns N’ Roses cover)
    19. Slither
      (Velvet Revolver cover)
    20. Paradise City (Guns N' Roses Cover)

why don't you Youtube their recent sets and find out for yourself.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Yes, he plays Guns n Roses stuff, and much to Charlie Sheen's delight he played Rocket Queen in the Olympia last year!:)

Setlist.fm is a great resource for finding out the setlists of any band and often you'll find, that if a band is playing here on such a date on a tour, the most recent gig's setlist will be included on the site.

here are the setlists for Slash's gigs in the Olympia last year.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2013/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-63db020b.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2013/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-5bdb7fbc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Going to the gig by myself-Never been to the 3 arena/o2 and defo never been to a gig on my own from the opposite end of the country.......Its on a monday night which i presume is a quiet night,i guess its all over at 10-10:30 PM,is there a particular bar/pub afterwards for people to go,do the pubs have a license to stay open later for gigs that are on.......

Dont want to go back to the hotel room after rocking out with my c**k out for 2 hours:(

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Going to the gig by myself-Never been to the 3 arena/o2 and defo never been to a gig on my own from the opposite end of the country.......Its on a monday night which i presume is a quiet night,i guess its all over at 10-10:30 PM,is there a particular bar/pub afterwards for people to go,do the pubs have a license to stay open later for gigs that are on.......

Dont want to go back to the hotel room after rocking out with my c**k out for 2 hours:(

I'd imagine its over closer to 11 but stage times will be known by time it comes around.

A quiet night in Dublin isn't like a quiet night in other parts of the country there'll be boozers open till 3am like the usual Bruxelles n Fibbers as it's a gig in the point that Club Hell or whatever its called on the quays will prob be open.

Either way people will most likely be giving out flyers trying to coax you in to their establishment after the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

I'd imagine its over closer to 11 but stage times will be known by time it comes around.

A quiet night in Dublin isn't like a quiet night in other parts of the country there'll be boozers open till 3am like the usual Bruxelles n Fibbers as it's a gig in the point that Club Hell or whatever its called on the quays will prob be open.

Either way people will most likely be giving out flyers trying to coax you in to their establishment after the show.

3am???on a monday?Christ i gotta move to Dublin:),Happy days......

Advertisement