Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash - O2 Dublin - November

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

J.Bee wrote: »
    I can't believe there is actually people here complaining that they went to a Slash gig and heard a long solo! Just shows that some people really do go for a night out rather than appreciating the music, Slash is a guitarist! You bought a ticket to see a legendary guitarist who played an amazing long solo during Rocket Queen which I thought was amazing.
    Opinions vary, the quality of a solo isn't determined by it's length.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I can't believe there is actually people here complaining that they went to a Slash gig and heard a long solo! Just shows that some people really do go for a night out rather than appreciating the music, Slash is a guitarist! You bought a ticket to see a legendary guitarist who played an amazing long solo during Rocket Queen which I thought was amazing.

Ah the solo in all fairness started peetering out near the end, it was briliant at the start but then started to turn into self-indulgance, it was something similar last year in The Olympia, long solos??, put on some Pink Floyd and hear Dave Gilmores,that will wear your patience :D

Having said that it was a cracking gig, fingers crossed for a Slane appearance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah the solo in all fairness started peetering out near the end, it was briliant at the start but then started to turn into self-indulgance, it was something similar last year in The Olympia, long solos??, put on some Pink Floyd and hear Dave Gilmores,that will wear your patience :D

Having said that it was a cracking gig, fingers crossed for a Slane appearance!!

If anyone deserves to 'self indulge' a bit then it's Slash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

As a guitarist who loves a long solo, I thought the solo in Rocket Queen got repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 14 J.Bee

Yeah Pink Floyd is great too, I like instrumental guitar music like Buckethead, some John Frusciante, Steve Vai to name a few... I enjoyed Slashes solo performance as it was great to concentrate on his playing instead of all the singing and heavy drums to give him his big moment, Myles is a great singer but I prefer less lyrics in songs I guess. Monster Truck were just as good as I knew they'd be too! Now all I want is to see The Sword and Scorpion Child in Ireland, and of course my Slane ticket :) Hotel is booked and all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 J.Bee

Yeah Pink Floyd is great too, I like instrumental guitar music like Buckethead, some John Frusciante, Steve Vai to name a few... I enjoyed Slashes solo performance as it was great to concentrate on his playing instead of all the singing and heavy drums to give him his big moment, Myles is a great singer but I prefer less lyrics in songs I guess. Monster Truck were just as good as I knew they'd be too! Now all I want is to see The Sword, Scorpion Child oh and Graveyard in Ireland, and of course my Slane ticket :) Hotel is booked and all!

Advertisement