Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD mature student replies

Options
  • 27-05-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

A question for TCD mature students who applied, did their interview and got the results of their interview already this year..... How does TCD let you know how well you did i.e. a letter in the post or email?? Does your result show up on my.tcd.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I did a test for Blanchardstown and they said they would give the results when cao offers come for mature applicants . I would say get in touch with them directly to ask what way they send out the results .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Humbird

Hi Allebabe84, I received an offer from TCD so I can answer your question.
    The day after the interviews, I know that some people were told (via email) they were on the wait list. Because I wasn't told this, I was totally gutted and assumed that I had not made the wait list, let alone been successful. I contacted TCD to ask when I would hear the results officially and I was told official results would be out in 10 days approx. - TCD knew that I was aware that wait-list people were already told of their status.
    Two weeks later I received an email in my Hotmail account to say that I should check the TCD portal, which I did (fully expecting to get a rejection email) - instead the subject of the email in my portal was "firm offer"!
    I still think it was very strange that somebody on the wait list was told the day after the interview but I had to wait two weeks. Perhaps TCD were checking references or something during the two weeks ... I don't know.
    Best regards,
    Humbird

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Humbird wrote: »
    Hi Allebabe84, I received an offer from TCD so I can answer your question.
    The day after the interviews, I know that some people were told (via email) they were on the wait list. Because I wasn't told this, I was totally gutted and assumed that I had not made the wait list, let alone been successful. I contacted TCD to ask when I would hear the results officially and I was told official results would be out in 10 days approx. - TCD knew that I was aware that wait-list people were already told of their status.
    Two weeks later I received an email in my Hotmail account to say that I should check the TCD portal, which I did (fully expecting to get a rejection email) - instead the subject of the email in my portal was "firm offer"!
    I still think it was very strange that somebody on the wait list was told the day after the interview but I had to wait two weeks. Perhaps TCD were checking references or something during the two weeks ... I don't know.
    Best regards,
    Humbird
    Thanks for that, during the week I got my email too to check the portal, and I was offered a place :) It was about a four week wait though for me between my interview and getting offered....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Humbird

That's fantastic news - well done? May I ask what course? Mine is OT in TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Humbird wrote: »
    That's fantastic news - well done? May I ask what course? Mine is OT in TCD.
    Sure it's TSM Ancient History Archaeology and Latin, I figured I wanted to study something I was always interested in, so I went for it! So happy, and congrats to you too...!

• Advertisement
Advertisement