Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dwarf Rabbits

• 27-05-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking at getting two dwarf rabbits for my daughter (she's nearly 11). I've been advised of getting a male and a female and getting them neutered. Can anyone give me advice on dawrfs? I've researched a fair bit already. Looking to ser where I can get them, aswell as rough costs for vaccinations and neutering.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I would suggest mini lop or lion head rather than Netherland dwarf, the dwarf can be a bit of a handful for first time owners.
    There's a rescue on Facebook and the lady is very good, would advise you where to get a well bred, well handled baby.
    Will post the link later if I can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Agree with the above. I've kept dwarfs & they were very feisty little guys. The lops are much calmer. Males also tend to be better especially if you are not getting the females spayed.

The Irish Guinea Pig & Rabbit Group on FB is very good & you will get lots of useful info.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for the replies! Lops seem to be the way to go. Time to go looking if I can get some!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

antodeco wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! Lops seem to be the way to go. Time to go looking if I can get some!

I don't have Loops, but you have a PN anyway :)

Advertisement