Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rock on Mount Misery

Options
  • 27-05-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone know the way up to the Rock on Mount Misery. Great place to take a photo of the City and I need one to send to someone. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Its fairly easy to get to (or at least it was before there was a bit of a landslide over there).

Head into the fields opposite blackthorn hills there is a gate beside the nursing home. You can follow the path down past the round tower and its easy enough to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 motherofdivine

Thanks, I am not from Waterford so not sure where Blackthorn hills are or the Nursing home is. Sorry! Didnt even know there was a round tower up there! lol....another thing to photograph!!. Can you tell me how to get there from the train station, I will be driving. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Head towards Ferrybank from train station. Take the first left at the traffic lights up the hill. Follow road all the way up and around the big bend to the left. A few minutes on you will see the nursing home on the left, the housing estate on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Alternatively, drive in to Waterford Golf Club carpark (entrance on the Rockshire Rd.) and walk up on to the 18th tee. You can get to the rock from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

hearny wrote: »
    Its fairly easy to get to (or at least it was before there was a bit of a landslide over there).

Head into the fields opposite blackthorn hills there is a gate beside the nursing home. You can follow the path down past the round tower and its easy enough to find.

It's quite difficult to get down to actually. Its severely overgrown now and all the nettles will cut and scratch your clothes and skin.

A better option would be to take a stroll to the 18th tee. The view is just as good if not better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Zed Bank wrote: »
    A better option would be to take a stroll to the 18th tee. The view is just as good if not better.

Is the golf club not private property though, and wouldn't they object to non-golfers walking across greens and fairways?

I'm sure it wouldn't be like that scene in "Falling Down", but you might nevertheless be told to p155 off out of it... :D

fricatus wrote: »
    Is the golf club not private property though, and wouldn't they object to non-golfers walking across greens and fairways?

I'm sure it wouldn't be like that scene in "Falling Down", but you might nevertheless be told to p155 off out of it... :D

Im from the area, people go up walking dogs all the time. Just make sure you go in after the golfers are finished. They don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ah memories of teenage years (long long gone) up on the golf course picking 'shrooms and strolling back in the wobbly road after eating while picking *sighs* :D

old gregg wrote: »
    ah memories of teenage years (long long gone) up on the golf course picking 'shrooms and strolling back in the wobbly road after eating while picking *sighs* :D

Really? We used to just steal the flags :D

Advertisement