Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our child wont sleep in a travel cot

Options
  • 27-05-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

we have a 12 month baby, but she will not stay in a travel cot, which is a problem for holidaying, just wondering does anyone know of a hotel/self catering/holiday homes etc that offer proper cots for children to sleep in, in Ireland if possible?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

At 1 year old surly the kid will be ok in a single bed with a safety rail

• Registered Users Posts: 9 strawberries

Do you just use the small thin mattress that comes with the travel cot?

Because my daughter wouldn't sleep in the travel cot at all. Then we realised that she was uncomfortable, those thin mattresses are very hard.

So we bought a mattress in Smyths (€20) that fits the travel cot exactly and she sleeps just as soundly as if she's in her cot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 on the proper matress in there. The board thing they come with is very uncomfortable for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yeah you definitely need a decent mattress, or at least a few thick soft blankets underneath! I didn't realise this either when I was buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think the issue is the mattress, a friend has a b and b and she did have a cot for use by guests, but she wasn't sure about what to do with the mattress after each guest.

it was covered in a plastic sheet but in the end she was giving it the once over with the steam cleaner.

in the end she gave it away as guests either had a pram their own travel cot.

when we go away I bring the kids pillow and duvet from home and i have a travel cot mattress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement