Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Dublin 1

Options
  • 27-05-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent restaurant in or around O'Connell Street to bring the Mammy out for a birthday dinner on Sunday evening. We're not very fancy food people, so there is no point in spending huge money or going to somewhere very posh (said in my best south co dublin accent!)

Looking for somewhere with good grub and a relaxed atmosphere, in the €30-35 range per person.

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Carlo's is really nice....got steak on the stone there before and it's fab! V reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Le Bon Crubeen is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

neemish wrote: »
    We're not very fancy food people....

Just based on that I reckon Flanagan's would be your cup of tea.
    I haven't been there in about two years so I can't personally vouch for the food but it was lovely and I'm still hearing good things from people.
    Also right on O'Connell street.

http://www.flanagansrestaurantdublin.com/pdfmenu/A%20la%20Carte%20Flanagans%20Menu.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

+1 for Le Bon Crubeen, really good food. Plus there's a groupon available on one of those sites at the moment - any two starters, any two main courses and any two desserts for about €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Black Sheep is more of a pub but the food is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Galadriel wrote: »
    +1 for Le Bon Crubeen, really good food. Plus there's a groupon available on one of those sites at the moment - any two starters, any two main courses and any two desserts for about €45.

Another +1 for Le Bon Crubeen, have eaten there a few times and the food is gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Le Bon Crubeen too! Lovely food at a reasonable price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Yamamori is the business! Just by the Ha'penny bridge, not too far from O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've been wanting to find somewhere good in D1 too will have to give Le Bon Crubeen a try by the sounds of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

The Hot Stove

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The Italian Connection on Talbot Street is nice too. Never been to Le Bon Crubeen but might have to give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Forgot about Le Bon Crubeen, that is fab too!
    And The Italian Connection is really yummy too...their pasta with the tiger prawns in spicy sauce is to die for!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

101 Talbot - nice and casual, but with good nosh.
    Sherie's on Abbey Street by the LUAS stop is very pleasant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Church at the end of Henry St an option too, also the Winding Stair at the Ha'penny Bridge, really good food there and a nice view, ask for a window table

Advertisement