Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank transfer

Options
  • 27-05-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
     I have a account in BOI and need to transfer around 50k to my solicitor's account in AIB.
    What' s the best of doing it on one go except internet banking?
    There is a limit of 5k in a branch so is the only option visiting few branches a day and withdraw 5k and them lodge them in AIB ?
    Would I be able to do it over the phone? (not sure if I have my phone banking active )
    Time is the factor here so it has to be as quick as possible.
    Best regards
    Damien

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi raynor11111[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can call into a nearby branch with photo identification (either passport or driving licence) and request a Same Day Money Transfer, the cost for this is €25.35 You will need to provide the branch with the IBAN, BIC and name on the solicitors account with AIB. Just to mention, it is possible it can take 2 working days to credit the AIB solicitors account, this depends on the time of day you are in branch to request transfer. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alternatively, you can purchase a bank draft and visit a nearby AIB Branch and lodge the draft directly into the solicitors account. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Locations and contact details of all our branches can be found here[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It will not be possible to transact this large amount over the phone with Bank of Ireland 365 representative as a security code is required for each new payee added.  Also, how the payee is activated determines the amount you can transfer daily. For example, if activated when the security code sent by SMS the limit is 3k per day for a SEPA transfer. When awaiting security code in post, this takes 3-5 working days, your daily limit for SEPA transfer is then 20k for this particular payee. I am aware you need this payment transferred asap, this information may be useful for future transactions.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement