Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic Question about Moped

• 27-05-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I just bought my first bike to beat the traffic. Its an 06 Katana Ay50 fuel injected. Has no kickstart if it makes a difference.

Anyway I replaced the throttle cable. Worked perfect for about a month but now it cuts out when i try pull away at the traffic lights. So i pull up and stop and it idles fine but as soon as i rev again it just dies.

From what i read it might just be that a screw on the carb need adjusting but what i need to know is where is that? I cant see any screws and id say i have to remove a cover.

Any ideas how to find it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

You answered your own question there.

Remove a cover, if it's not there, remove another one, and so on and so forth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭test2014

Just looking for confirmation really. I havent many tools and need to get a spanner that fits but wanted to be certain before i went.

Is the carb where the throttle cable connects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

test2014 wrote: »
    Just looking for confirmation really. I havent many tools and need to get a spanner that fits but wanted to be certain before i went.

Is the carb where the throttle cable connects?

YouTube your bike and carb adjustment someone is bound to have a video up or a bike similar.

The only tools you need should be a screwdriver and possibly a small spanner.

Del2005 wrote: »
    YouTube your bike and carb adjustment someone is bound to have a video up or a bike similar.

The only tools you need should be a screwdriver and possibly a small spanner.

First thing ive tried and cant see it. The cover it seems i have to take off has a nut thats awkward to get to and i cant get it with the tools i have so need to go over today and get something.

Is the carb where the throttle cable is connected or am i way off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

...Its an 06 Katana Ay50 fuel injected....

..... a screw on the carb need adjusting.....

Best of luck finding the screw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 b2

Best of luck finding the carb.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

First thing ive tried and cant see it. The cover it seems i have to take off has a nut thats awkward to get to and i cant get it with the tools i have so need to go over today and get something.

Is the carb where the throttle cable is connected or am i way off?

Yes, it's connected to a pully on the top of the Carb usually.

zubair wrote: »
    Best of luck finding the screw!

Being Sarcastic?
    b2 wrote: »
    Best of luck finding the carb.....

You too.
    KTRIC wrote: »
    Yes, it's connected to a pully on the top of the Carb usually.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Ever think of getting someone who actually knows something about bikes to have a look at it? I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than just twiddling a screw.

jca wrote: »
    Ever think of getting someone who actually knows something about bikes to have a look at it? I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than just twiddling a screw.

Maybe but its not that big a deal. Just cuts out the odd time and i just start it back up.

Id rather just know myself how sort it as it seems like a common problem with mopeds and is likely to happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Being Sarcastic?

I was. You're not going to find the screw/ a carb on your bike. Make sure when doing research that you are getting info on the right motor. Check the usual suspects, spark plugs, air filter, hoses (and the other easy bits). It could be the throttle cable, problems are often related to the last DIY job (on my bike they are anyway).

zubair wrote: »
    I was. You're not going to find the screw/ a carb on your bike. Make sure when doing research that you are getting info on the right motor. Check the usual suspects, spark plugs, air filter, hoses (and the other easy bits). It could be the throttle cable, problems are often related to the last DIY job (on my bike they are anyway).

Thanks for the info.

Do you know how i would adjust the idle speed on it? Or is it even possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Hi Folks,

I just bought my first bike to beat the traffic. Its an 06 Katana Ay50 fuel injected. Has no kickstart if it makes a difference.

Anyway I replaced the throttle cable. Worked perfect for about a month but now it cuts out when i try pull away at the traffic lights. So i pull up and stop and it idles fine but as soon as i rev again it just dies.

From what i read it might just be that a screw on the carb need adjusting but what i need to know is where is that? I cant see any screws and id say i have to remove a cover.

Any ideas how to find it?

Thanks

If it's really fuel injected, I very much doubt you will find any carb.
    Throttle body, maybe but carb, not a chance.

And with fuel injected stuff, there are usually no screw (or less screw) to mess around, the computer does everything.

Spark plugs, air filter, ... but as said, first check the last job that was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

You could have a snagged fuel line, when you put everything back together you trapped the fuel line somewhere,easy to do... And now when you try to pull off you're getting the wrong mix..

Advertisement