Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig deleted due to external link ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I don't want to make this thread even more confusing for people trying to make sense of it so I'm not going to address your point directly, apologies.
    Fair enough
    It's enough to say that I agree that this is a typical example of where over-lawyering has a chilling effect on personal freedom. It's disgusting.
    Oh I agree :) I'm not saying I agree with the laws, just that I understand Boards' stance in light of those laws.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

28064212 wrote: »
    The contents of the video in the OP were not posted on their own. They were posted with a specific allegation that has not been proven in court. Boards.ie has no idea if the allegation is true.
    That said, the OP could *maybe* have kept the image link in his sig - sans allegations - were it not for the substantive issue of prejudice.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

28064212 wrote: »
    Oh I agree :) I'm not saying I agree with the laws, just that I understand Boards' stance in light of those laws.
    Yes, I thought you would! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dades wrote: »
    The problem is less the defamation thing and more the prejudice this might case in the event this gentleman was ever prosecuted.

That link above even says that case its reporting was never brought.

Prejudice.. They wouldn't want to show it in court then. It might sway opinion:D:D

Advertisement