Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breakdown/Roadside assist in the UK

Options
  • 27-05-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I am moving to the UK in the middle of June and I intent to bring my car. I am looking to get roadside assist for the initial journey which will be over 400 miles. My car was registered in 97 but it's in excellent condition and I just want the breakdown assist for peace of mind as I have never driven in the UK before. My problem is that most Irish companies won't consider older cars and the AA will charge a fortune for just 5 days. Is it possible to buy a full year roadside assist with a UK company for an Irish registered car? Any other suggestions also appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

The UK AA cover the driver not the car so you'd be OK there I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mkd2368

Thanks for your reply corktina. I have contacted the AA in the UK but I would need a UK address for this to work. I am planning to have short term accommodation arranged so do you think that address might do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I don't see why not.

Advertisement