Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb question; technical bike course?

Options
  • 27-05-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Sorry to ask something so basic but what do people mean by this? I see it referred to occasionally.
    Hilly? Twisty? Combination of both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mainly twistly really, lots of corners slow people down, plus takes extra effort to speed back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Means "oh no I don't know how to ride my bike and I don't feel comfortable cornering/braking/accelerating"

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The only truly technical bike course requires a mtb, and rocks.

Used to describe a road race, you could subsitute 'not straight'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

tunney wrote: »
    Means "oh no I don't know how to ride my bike and I don't feel comfortable cornering/braking/accelerating"

or
    "all these other guys don't know how to ride their bikes and i'm going to take time out of all of them over this section"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

tunney wrote: »

<raises hand> Present!

• Advertisement
Advertisement