Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is it 5 days early ? Sweet I thought was like only 2 :D

Excellent more time to rank up in time for the launch day noob fest :P:P:P:P

Yeah, Im not sure if its five full days though, wasn't FIFA something like 10 hours of gameplay at any time over the 5 days before launch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Yeah, Im not sure if its five full days though, wasn't FIFA something like 10 hours of gameplay at any time over the 5 days before launch?

If the NBA trial was anything to go by (which was uninstalled after 10 minutes) its 6 hours, thats more than enough to get to about level 30 and unlock the decent stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Enjoyed the beta of this and will definitely be picking it up. Quite interested to see what Visceral can do with the SP as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If the NBA trial was anything to go by (which was uninstalled after 10 minutes) its 6 hours, thats more than enough to get to about level 30 and unlock the decent stuff

Yeah it's usually 6 hours. I'll have the full 6 hours done in the first day too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'll do the 6 hour thing before making up my mind.

I'm not ready to move on from Bf4 yet.

• Advertisement

I'm of the same opinion. I want to see more maps and modes before forking out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

That game broke my heart for so long but I still go back for more like an abused wife :mad: Went and played BF4 last night after some Hardline and it was like BF4 was in slow motion mode at times in comparison

Did ye guys play the last closed beta, Blood Money on Downtown?

I'd play just that game mode on just that map all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Hardline will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I've played the beta quite a bit and even though I'm usually skeptical with games these days (having been burnt too many times) being a Battlefield fan I genuinely think that there is more than enough in there to keep me playing over the summer to the point that I will more than get my money's worth out of it. I'm looking for a game to get into until Battlefront and BF4 is wearing thin on me....I think at this stage I've probably gotten as much as I possibly can out of that game and I'm not one to get all excited about night versions of current maps I've played for the last year and a half. Maybe if they do something special like remake BF2 maps then I might go back to it but for me now I think I'm done with BF4 and moving onto Hardline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hardline is just a bit meh overall for me. It's fun enough, but it isn't earth shaking in anyway. The hit reg and performance seem a bit tighter, and there's some attempt to innovate in the game modes at least. But the setting doesn't really inspire though, generic cops vs. generic robbers isn't remotely as atmospheric or scene settings as past titles. I'll still buy it, and I'll play it for a few weeks, but I suspect interest will wane quickly once something shinier appears.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Hardline is just a bit meh overall for me. It's fun enough, but it isn't earth shaking in anyway. The hit reg and performance seem a bit tighter, and there's some attempt to innovate in the game modes at least. But the setting doesn't really inspire though, generic cops vs. generic robbers isn't remotely as atmospheric or scene settings as past titles. I'll still buy it, and I'll play it for a few weeks, but I suspect interest will wane quickly once something shinier appears.

I wasn't really expecting the spectacular with Hardline but you're right....sadly we won't get anything remotely resembling a decent leap forward until teams see that developing for the last gen consoles is no longer financially viable. At this moment in time the largest player bases for these games still have yet to make the upgrade to new hardware. There was an article I read a couple of weeks ago (I'll see if I can dig it up) that showed the destruction on Dust Bowl...the map literally looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off but all of it had to be scaled back to accommodate the old gen systems.

Thankfully, this will be the last edition. Battlefront is not on 360 and PS3. I think Battlefront will be the game people were waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Dayum wrote: »
    There was an article I read a couple of weeks ago (I'll see if I can dig it up) that showed the destruction on Dust Bowl...the map literally looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off

Running round a completely destroyed dust bowl map with no cover from snipers or helicopters does not sound like a lot of fun though !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Two Scotsmen have released their new cinematic. All made from in game footage and without any cinematic tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Dayum wrote: »
    I wasn't really expecting the spectacular with Hardline but you're right....sadly we won't get anything remotely resembling a decent leap forward until teams see that developing for the last gen consoles is no longer financially viable. At this moment in time the largest player bases for these games still have yet to make the upgrade to new hardware. There was an article I read a couple of weeks ago (I'll see if I can dig it up) that showed the destruction on Dust Bowl...the map literally looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off but all of it had to be scaled back to accommodate the old gen systems.

Thankfully, this will be the last edition. Battlefront is not on 360 and PS3. I think Battlefront will be the game people were waiting for.

star wars battlefront?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    star wars battlefront?

Yeah, Battlefront is being made by DICE. It's going to be Battlefield 2143 essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Sold. lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So microtransactions like TF2 hats, only you have to pay for the game. Nice. :/

Was it ever in doubt?

13810_796515557100484_5967507581052201431_n.jpg?oh=7eb41577814b26d9746b93d41bcfcecf&oe=558D9A07&__gda__=1435491581_3cee11cd6b2d1079b715cf0e5158a200

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Played the initial alpha/beta or whatever was released after the announcement and enjoyed it, then just got taken away by other games and completely forgot about this.

Trying to gauge if a few of the lads be getting it. What's the pre-order options looking like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I will. It was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi there.

I am going to get this for ps4 but would prefer to download it.

Can you pre order a download?

Also do you have to wait until release day to download it. Could take hours to download it via psn of course, like the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How would a newbie take to the series? New to PS4 this year after years without a console and interested in this, is it tough to pickup (played a little bit of COD AW this yera alright, know theyre different ;-)

Niice 10 hours of full game 5 days early for us EA Access members :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Can you play the full game for 10 hours and then buy if you like it? I'm still on the fence and want to see what the other maps and modes are like

Can you play the full game for 10 hours and then buy if you like it? I'm still on the fence and want to see what the other maps and modes are like

Yup as long as you have EA Access you can download and play the full game, no restrictions for 10 hours of pure gametime. Should get a good feel for it then. If you decide to buy, then your progress will carry over too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What utter a$$holes EA are....seriously.

I don't know. Amazing value to me :pac:

Really? Why? I pay 25 notes a year for ea access and its great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Really? Why? I pay 25 notes a year for ea access and its great.

Because games, outside of alpha and beta access, should be released at the same time for everyone. Allowing people to pay money to play it early is a sh!tty business model from a consumers point of view.

Advertisement