Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Because games, outside of alpha and beta access, should be released at the same time for everyone. Allowing people to pay money to play it early is a sh!tty business model from a consumers point of view.

Can't agree with You there I'm afraid. I get access to the majority of ea titles with the vault and the early access is an additional benefit of same. If you're playing on pc , you're getting the games cheaper / better graphics etc etc. It's swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

How would a newbie take to the series? New to PS4 this year after years without a console and interested in this, is it tough to pickup (played a little bit of COD AW this yera alright, know theyre different ;-)

You could try BF4 and see if you like that. More of a core battlefield experience than hardline IMO i reckon and the premium edition of bf4 is available for €27 on PSN with premium so if you liked it could make the jump to hardline down the road. If you dont like it its only €27.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hardline is up for digital pre-order on Xbox market now, with a 10% discount for EA Access members :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Access is fine as far as I can see its an EA members thing, if you buy the premium you will get the same deal minus the free hours.

HYPE HYPE!

When I grow up, I wanna be that sniper! :o

• Advertisement

Hardline premium details:

B_GRXdRWoAEMZUo.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It actually appears to be half decent this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

where will the cheapest place in dublin to get this?

usually i wait a week or two and buy a game from adverts or but it brand new from VGP but the euro is gone to the dogs v the dollar. looking to get it on day one too!

MarkY91 wrote: »

usually i wait a week or two and buy a game from adverts or but it brand new from VGP but the euro is gone to the dogs v the dollar. looking to get it on day one too!

For....

PS4?

Smyths €64.99 not sure if anywhere else is cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

MarkY91 wrote: »

You're a COD player, right?

Don't even think about buying a Battlefield game unless you have a PS4/XBO/PC.

That's my advice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dayum wrote: »

That's my advice.

I think it be worth expanding upon the reasoning behind this advice. I presume it's due to the reduced player count on the older consoles?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    For....

PS4?

Smyths €64.99 not sure if anywhere else is cheaper.

PS4 yeah. my bad :o

That's my advice.

yeah but ive played tonnes of hours of BF4 and played alot of Hardline Beta. im accustomed to the movements etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Spear wrote: »
    I think it be worth expanding upon the reasoning behind this advice. I presume it's due to the reduced player count on the older consoles?

Yeah, BF games are garbage on the older hardware. They look terrible in addition to the reduced player count etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

If buying on psn can you preload the game so it is ready for 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

mozattack wrote: »
    If buying on psn can you preload the game so it is ready for 20th?

You should be able. I bought gta5 on playstation store and they even let me download the whole game before it was released. The thing is, you don't get the activation code until an hour after the official release. I'm be very surprised if BF Hardline was any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, BF games are garbage on the older hardware. They look terrible in addition to the reduced player count etc.

Yeah, played BF4 on the 360 before and I just thought it was a bit pointless, I mean it's grand, and maps like Metro/Locker are perfectly fine, but overall it just isn't a 'battlefield' with 24 players on such vast maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah, played BF4 on the 360 before and I just thought it was a bit pointless, I mean it's grand, and maps like Metro/Locker are perfectly fine, but overall it just isn't a 'battlefield' with 24 players on such vast maps.

Im on the One and i miss 12v12 metro so much.64 player is just retardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Just saw bfh is 720p on x1 and 900p on ps4.
    Shouldn't make a difference and hopefully less framerate issues on release.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

when does it become available early on ea access misky?

when does it become available early on ea access misky?

This Thursday March 12th! :D

The 10 hour trial is live now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

JackFrags is doing a walkthrough of the campaign. Don't watch if you don't want to ruin it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

JackFrags is doing a walkthrough of the campaign. Don't watch if you don't want to ruin it :)

He won't be spoiling much, it's only the prologue and episode 1 that can be played :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DarkJager wrote: »
    He won't be spoiling much, it's only the prologue and episode 1 that can be played :D

Is MP available to EA Access?

That would annoy me if i preordered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

dreamers75 wrote: »

There's full access to the MP, only the campaign is restricted.

dreamers75 wrote: »

All multiplayer progress carries over to full game too, haha :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Is this released on Wednesday next or Friday ?

Advertisement