Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well, Battlelog is now open, I can see the servers, and everything is ready, yet I can't install it yet which is still annoying even though I know it's too early.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Totally enjoyed the last beta so ill probalby grab it,any benefits for BF3 and BF4 premium owners?
    I recall mention of something a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Should reviews drop today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So I have it downloaded but I can't make Origin pick up the installer file yet.

It's a solid 39gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont get my key until the 19th according to g2play

Beta users get a gold pack, not gonna get premium until they announce how may packs it is.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont get my key until the 19th according to g2play

Beta users get a gold pack, not gonna get premium until they announce how may packs it is.

Premium is 12 gold packs and 4 expansion packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Is there anyway to get this now?

You'll be able to play it over a US VPN tomorrow.

Not sure, but you may be able to play it now on a Korean VPN.

First mission of the single player campaign done. There's far more emphasis on arresting and stealth instead of just constant shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Spear wrote: »
    First mission of the single player campaign done. There's far more emphasis on arresting and stealth instead of just constant shooting.

What platform did you play it on & did you get hold of it legally ?

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    What platform did you play it on & did you get hold of it legally ?

PC and legally. It's out in Asia after all. And VPNs are legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yeah, It was very strange, I'd expected to go in guns blazing lol and then I was like WTF is this!

I'll be real interested to see reviews on the campaign. From mission 1 & 2 alone I don't think the campaign is going to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

PS4 version and XB1 is only 56 in xtravision. I expected them to charge 65

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Striking a sexy pose :D

WwOpBvG.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Reviews for Hardline coming out now.

Gamespot: 7/10
    Destructoid: 6/10

Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-hardline - PC Score averaging a 75 from 3 reviews so far.

I expected 6s and 7s, to be honest. From the outset the product was designed to be a quick cash-fix until Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield 5. This could be another Evolve/Titanfall where the servers will be empty after a couple of months or people will return to Battlefield 4 for a more complete and comprehensive first person shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I think battlefield 4 is ****. Hardline is a lot better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Im probably going to play both. BF4 has better shooting, while Hardline offers more varied gameplay, but it is very rough at the moment.

Hardline is ultimately just filler until this years major Battlefield title, which ironically enough doesn't have the Battlefield name, since it's Battlefront. If you approach Hardline with that in mind, you'll be much less disappointed.

That said, I do like some of the things Hardline is trying to do in the singeplayer at least. It has keeping you an eye out for crooks with warrants on them, and giving bonuses if you make the effort to arrest them instead of just perforating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Pretty much 7-8's across the board. Which under the new review scoring system reviewers seem to use is very high.

Destructoid – 6
    Polygon – 7
    Gamespot – 7
    IB Times UK – 7 (single-player only)
    PlayStation Universe
    Eurogamer.it (Italian) – 7
    USGamer – 3.5/5
    Ausgamers – 7.3
    PlayStationLifestyle – 7.5
    DailyStar – 4/5
    Hobby Consolas (Spanish) – 85/100
    Eurogamer – no score
    IGN – score pending live multiplayer test
    Videogamer – score pending live multiplayer
    Kotaku – embargo coverage not framed as review
    Gaming Trend – 85
    Gaming Age – A-
    The Sixth Axis – 8
    Venture Beat – 86
    Xbox Achievements – 80
    GamesRadar+ – 3.5/5
    EGM – 7.5
    Attack of the Fanboy – 3.5/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Looking forward to this, couldn't care less what the Battlefield haters or the reviews have to say about it. I pumped nearly 400 hours in to BF4 and can easily see myself matching that on Hardline. Roll on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I totally enjoyed the beta, myself and gaming mates had an absolute blast on teamspeak playing it.
    Netcode in beta atleast was a lot better than BF4 which to me is number one requirement in any online fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Toying with the idea of grabbing this, but feel ultimately I might just hang on for the next BF title this year, and keep fixing myself up with 4.

Guys i play BF with dont seem to hot on this at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Will be grabbing this on XO Friday! Looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

How are guys enjoying it? My internet picked a sweet time to go down for a week. :( Also out of the country till Monday so wont be here for the "official"release on Friday!

More of the same usual battlefield? Will I have fun throwing C4-ridden things at people?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    How are guys enjoying it? My internet picked a sweet time to go down for a week. :( Also out of the country till Monday so wont be here for the "official"release on Friday!

More of the same usual battlefield? Will I have fun throwing C4-ridden things at people?

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, the servers are simply empty in the EU.

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, the servers are simply empty in the EU.

They're simply full on XB1. What are you referring to, PC servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

When does it come out in Ireland? It says 19th for EU on Wiki, but 20th for UK. Are we going to be lumped in with the UK for this?

I just got one of the reload animation 'easter eggs' :D

The RPG 1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They're simply full on XB1. What are you referring to, PC servers?

In my case, yes, PC.

I'm surprised to hear there's plenty of XBox players already on, given the extra obstacles to getting a VPN to work with one. Or are they allow physical copies to work already?

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    When does it come out in Ireland? It says 19th for EU on Wiki, but 20th for UK. Are we going to be lumped in with the UK for this?

Yeah it's the 20th for Ireland & pretty much all the EU I think.

Advertisement