Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

miralize wrote: »
    When does it come out in Ireland? It says 19th for EU on Wiki, but 20th for UK. Are we going to be lumped in with the UK for this?

Origin is enforcing the 20th on Irish addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I understand the reason for it, but I still find it ridiculous.

I played the 10 hour trial. I bought the game. I have the files. The servers got a good stress test during the beta. Let me play the damn game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Here's a list of currently online players per system:

alixnsA.png

I find this pretty interesting.

Source: http://bfhstats.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Here's a list of currently online players per system:

alixnsA.png

I find this pretty interesting.

Source: http://bfhstats.com/

A couple of points:

The majority of the PC crowd are located in Europe. Same with BF4. Hardline isn't even out yet in Europe so I expect the PC numbers to soar after the 20th. It's stupid o' clock in the US right now which makes up for the drop in numbers on consoles. I was following those figures last night and it's a solid number throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

How many maps can you play heists on? I'm more into the smaller maps so I'm hoping there is a good few smaller maps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Totally agree about the spawning & the weapon balance

MarkY91 wrote: »
    How many maps can you play heists on? I'm more into the smaller maps so I'm hoping there is a good few smaller maps.

All 9 maps are playable on the Heist game mode. 2 out of the 9 maps are small enough that they aren't included in the Conquest or Hotwire game modes.

"Growhouse" and "The Block".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

PS4 version and XB1 is only 56 in xtravision. I expected them to charge 65

My local XV are charging €69.99 for XB1 & PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

image.img.png

• Advertisement

Well that graph is completely wrong anyway. Not out until 20th for Xbox & Playstation in Ireland & UK.

It was also out 17th not the 16th for North America, Asia etc.

Whoever at EA made that graph, jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The graph says it is out in Uk Ireland and Portugal on the 20th. which is right.

The graph says it is out in Uk Ireland and Portugal on the 20th. which is right.

Well that graph is completely wrong anyway. Not out until 20th for Xbox & Playstation in Ireland & UK.

Ah I see it now I just went straight to the bottom row never saw the others

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anyone else put off by the lack of a military theme or is that just old hat nowadays?

Anyone else put off by the lack of a military theme or is that just old hat nowadays?

Nah, I like the cops & criminals theme. It's a refreshing change. Although, I do agree they should have dropped Battlefield from the title. Called it just Hardline.

Cops & Criminals now, Stormtroopers at christmas, back to Military early-mid next year. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

I've played about 4 hours so far (living in Oz) and I have to say its more like the COD gameplay. I can admit im bot the best BF player but its too quick for me so far!

I hate the money system too! Would be great to trial, for say 3 deaths, a scope before you buy it cos some are ****!!

It doesnt play as smooth as BF4 so far, looks kinda cartoonish too, but will continue to play it cos i forked out 110$..;)

My 2 cents anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Given what US police forces are like, the difference between military and law enforcement there is a very thin one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I stand by my statement. That graph is completely wrong when it comes to the Ireland & UK release date.

It's the 20th.

Am I missing something here... the graphs states that it is the 20th for Ireland and UK. Why do you keep saying the graph is wrong.

EDIT - Nevermind... I can see it is platform based... the graph is very wrong :)

logik wrote: »
    Am I missing something here... the graphs states that it is the 20th for Ireland and UK. Why do you keep saying the graph is wrong.

EDIT - Nevermind... I can see it is platform based... the graph is very wrong :)

Sigh lol.

Yeah, Playstation & Xbox I was on about :P
    witzky wrote: »
    I've played about 4 hours so far (living in Oz) and I have to say its more like the COD gameplay. I can admit im bot the best BF player but its too quick for me so far!

I hate the money system too! Would be great to trial, for say 3 deaths, a scope before you buy it cos some are ****!!

For easy money, join a Hotwire server with 10 people or less, just get one of the objectives and start driving! Even better, if you have a gearhead boost, stick that on too. You'll rake in the money!

Also, not as much but handy money too is look for a full or near full blood money server and join as a hacker. Just throw everything on the cash pile! :cool:

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    My local XV are charging €69.99 for XB1 & PS4?

On their website it says something about 20% off. I hope NY local one isn't charging full price now

Shakes fist at graph :D

On their website it says something about 20% off. I hope NY local one isn't charging full price now

OK so I rang nu local xtravision and they said its 69.99. Why does the website say 56 then?

OK so I rang nu local xtravision and they said its 69.99. Why does the website say 56 then?

Deluxe edition versus basic?

That isn't an online only price no?

Did you mention to your store about it being €56 on their website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm not getting my copy until Monday week, but already few of the boys have processed refunds through Origins.

Been keeping up with a few streamers on twitch playing it and they don't seem overly impressed.

Obviously just a small sample size, but we are all big BF heads, and it's not an immediately good sign. Will still get my copy and play myself before making my mind up. But I've dropped expectations to the floor for this, and maybe thats where it belongs.

Was treating it as a little filler, BF Vietnam style, so if I get a few weeks out of it probably be job done.

Advertisement