Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That isn't an online only price no?

Did you mention to your store about it being €56 on their website?

I did. They nor hmv had any idea of the lower price.

Even Smyth's gives 2 prices. 59.99 ththen when you click onto it it is 64.99

I guess I'll just go to Smyth's and settle for 64.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So, the money you earn in the game is used to buy unlocks and equipment? Also if you buy an upgrade and then change games do your unlocks carry over or do you need to start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

logik wrote: »
    So, the money you earn in the game is used to buy unlocks and equipment? Also if you buy an upgrade and then change games do your unlocks carry over or do you need to start again?

It's like cash in your account overall. Let's say you earn $5000 in 1 game. A gun might cost $15,000. So once you buy that gun, it's yours forever. :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's like cash in your account overall. Let's say you earn $5000 in 1 game. A gun might cost $15,000. So once you buy that gun, it's yours forever. :)

Thanks mate, perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Note that if you buy a gun it can only be used for the faction that you bought it in – either cops or criminals. If you get 1250 kills with that gun you can use it for both sides

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm not getting my copy until Monday week, but already few of the boys have processed refunds through Origins.

Been keeping up with a few streamers on twitch playing it and they don't seem overly impressed.

Obviously just a small sample size, but we are all big BF heads, and it's not an immediately good sign. Will still get my copy and play myself before making my mind up. But I've dropped expectations to the floor for this, and maybe thats where it belongs.

Was treating it as a little filler, BF Vietnam style, so if I get a few weeks out of it probably be job done.

Streamers i watched lastnight saying its a fun game.
    Got to play myself lastnight via vpn and its great craic.
    Dont take it too serious and play it like its a game and its a lot of fun.
    Lads i play BF4 with like myself enjoy it a lot more than BF4.
    Netcode and hit reg destroys BF4,then again that wouldnt be too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dcully wrote: »
    Streamers i watched lastnight saying its a fun game.
    Got to play myself lastnight via vpn and its great craic.
    Dont take it too serious and play it like its a game and its a lot of fun.
    Lads i play BF4 with like myself enjoy it a lot more than BF4.
    Netcode and hit reg destroys BF4,then again that wouldnt be too hard.

Same. I've thrown 46 hours of gametime into it so far as well as both the Alpha & Beta and I'm loving it!

It's a refreshing change to BF4 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

Played another few hours and my mind is made up, it sucks!

Any chance i could get a refund from Playstation store?? Never tried it yet?

Thanks

witzky wrote: »
    Played another few hours and my mind is made up, it sucks!

Any chance i could get a refund from Playstation store?? Never tried it yet?

Thanks

Explain why you hate it? What are the Pros and Cons?

• Advertisement

Must have been getting spanked by the opposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have a feeling there are people who will just hate on this game just cos it's EA or because of the BF4 issues.

Or they are just straight up **** at battlefield :D

For me anyway its just like COD, there seems to be no room for vehicle combat at all. The maps are just slight adjustments of some existing maps, paying for an upgrade, whuch some are expensive, without 'testing' them is annoying. Im no BF expert so im 100% sure what im buying. Not sure wuth the rest of you guys an gals but some scopes are crap and not worth the money. For example, I bought a thermal thingy by mistake, 19000 is cost me!

Graphics arw nowhere near as good as BF4, it's like a step back, like playing a cartion rather than a BATTLLEFIELD.

some of the game modes are boring, cops an robbers basic stuff!

I know i know thats the game i bought but come on, PS4 in 2015 after BF4 i expected a whole lot more for my money!!

As a poster just said, I'm probably bitter cis im getting my ass handed to me every game :)

Names killindemsoftly if ya wanna get some kills...; )

I'll stick with it, ill keep an eye on the thread to see if it's just my bitter opinion..keep your thoughts coming!!!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Must have been getting spanked by the opposition

Probably true unfortunately. . But i wasn't a bad BF4 player (so i thought. ...;)..)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't expect many Battlefield enthusiasts to like this game.

IMO Battlefield 4 is a much better game, especially right now when it can be bought cheaply. Yes, the gunplay mechanics are much better in hardline but I think the game doesn't stack up well when they try to make a mix of battlefield & cops n robbers.

I do enjoy team deathmatch but that's where it stops for me. For all other BF style modes such as conquest I'd rather play in BF4.

witzky wrote: »
    Probably true unfortunately. . But i wasn't a bad BF4 player (so i thought. ...;)..)

Na I'm just having some banter. I'm more a COD player..maybe this why I loved the hardline beta. I like it more than BF4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some of the BF titles have been fairly polarizing in the past. 2142 was a prime example of this. Although well received generally, and with logs of innovations, titan mode, dog tags etc, some people just despised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just remember

BFH ruined Battlefield and is not as good as BF4 (the game they all hated and said ruined Battlefield)
    BF4 ruined Battlefield and is not as good as BF3 (the game they all hated and said ruined Battlefield)
    BF3 ruined Battlefield and is not as good as BFBC2 (the game they all hated and said ruined Battlefield)
    BFBC2 ruined Battlefield as it was too comical and not as good as BF2 (the game they all hated and said ruined Battlefield)
    1943, 2142...........You get the picture

I have listened for a year an a half to people complain about BF4 and how they want something different and not another military shooter.

Visceral make a game with a new theme, new maps, new modes, new weapons, new features and they moan that it doesn't have tanks. :rolleyes:

No matter what they do they can't win. Until they figure out how to make a game that is exactly the same in every single way but completely new, original and different in every single way they won't be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Battlefield Hardline in a Nutshell

may contain story spoilers, but I got a laugh out of it mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

...I have listened for a year an a half to people complain about BF4 and how they want something different and not another military shooter.
    I hadn't really noticed that at all. I did hear people giving out about the condition of BF4, however their frustration was that they really liked the game but hated the issues associated with a game clearly not ready to be released (e.g) Netcode, servers, lag, etc.

I think Hardline would be an even better game if they had of freed themselves from the Battlefield shackles. Visceral would have had even greater creative license to accomplish a game that fits the cops n robbers theme better.

I think you need to move away from the word "Battlefield". People see the Battefield tag and assume it will be like BF3 and BF4. I know it is sneeky by EA, but they are using the Battlefield name to sell Hardline. Picture Hardline as a new game and stop comparing it to BF4. It looks like alot of fun and a nice change of pace from the usual BF installment.

I hadn't really noticed that at all. I did hear people giving out about the condition of BF4, however their frustration was that they really liked the game but hated the issues associated with a game clearly not ready to be released (e.g) Netcode, servers, lag, etc.

I think Hardline would be an even better game if they had of freed themselves from the Battlefield shackles. Visceral would have had even greater creative license to accomplish a game that fits the cops n robbers theme better.

I really liked 4, but It was my first Battlefield since playing Bad company 2 on 360, so I was bound to be impressed. I was a complete noob at the start, and am still mediocre at best, but it was hard to not be blown away by the sheer scale of it, from the different vehicle options from Jets to tanks, to fun times trolling tanks with c4 strapped to quadbikes. Its a game with huge depth to master.

I've only played about 4 hours of hardline (if even that) but theres just something about it that isn't clicking with me. I cant put my finger on whether its the look of it or what, but I'm just not feeling it. - Maybe I'm just a bit jaded on multiplayer shooters. I'll probably pick it up if it goes on sale - BF4 and Premium dropped as low as €35 over christmas, so maybe I'll go that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I think you need to move away from the word "Battlefield". People see the Battefield tag and assume it will be like BF3 and BF4. I know it is sneeky by EA, but they are using the Battlefield name to sell Hardline. Picture Hardline as a new game and stop comparing it to BF4. It looks like alot of fun and a nice change of pace from the usual BF installment.

Agreed. They should have simply called it Hardline: Battlefield Series.

Then they could have done pretty much whatever the hell they wanted with it. In fact they could have branched out in many directions and had two or even three Battlefield Series games come out each year - Hardline, WW2, Cold War, futuristic etc. Just keep it all separate from the main direct line of the Battlefield franchise.

I think that's the problem with a lot of people now. Consumers wanted something different but the Battlefield name attached to it held Hardline back. Well, maybe not "held it back" but it certainly had an impact on just how far departed from the formula it could potentially go. In the end, it's not quite Battlefield and it's not quite something new and different. It's stuck in this no mans land that risks alienating both diehard Battlefielders and those that didn't like the previous installments.

There was an interesting video from the lads over at VideoGamer.tv that hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Something came through from Visceral that Hardline was initially going to follow Training Day but some corporate suits thought it should be something else entirely and refused the grittiness of some dirty cop movies because of current political landscapes and the media environment at the moment. Their thoughts were that Hardline was supposed to be something different completely.

NJibpCk.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I've two main issues with Hardline firstly out of region players again infesting EU servers but at least this time you only lag against that specific player and not everyone.

Secondly, I'm having ALOT of spawn / being insta killed moments as well meaning I find it hard to keep a positive k/d (never had a negative k/d in any online shooter).

Conquest isn't the best mode to play Hardline thought , it's definitely Hotwire and Heist modes as CQ just is too Battlefield and this game is the bastard son of Battlefield / Call of Dutys secret sordid affair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Really considering picking this up tomorrow, never played Battlefield before, played a bit of COD Advnaced Warfare this year (I know I know), do you think Id pick it up easy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

well its an FPS but aside from the genre the mechanics are quite different.

I didnt like bf3 at all when I first got it & sold it after a week. PIcked it up on the cheap a couple months later, invested some time into it & could never go back to COD now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Really considering picking this up tomorrow, never played Battlefield before, played a bit of COD Advnaced Warfare this year (I know I know), do you think Id pick it up easy enough?

I can't decide whether this is a terrible or good place to start. I wouldn't call it reflective on a normal BF title, given the change in focus and content. It may be a bit easier to move across from CoD as a result, but on the flipside it may seem disappointing given the lack of change. Getting BF4 cheap would be a fairer intro point to the BF series, even if there's more to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Spear wrote: »
    I can't decide whether this is a terrible or good place to start. I wouldn't call it reflective on a normal BF title, given the change in focus and content. It may be a bit easier to move across from CoD as a result, but on the flipside it may seem disappointing given the lack of change. Getting BF4 cheap would be a fairer intro point to the BF series, even if there's more to learn.

Thanks for the advice, think I might take the plunge, looking for a decent MP game to keep me going for a few months, not worried about the cost as Id be trading in two unwanted games that were given to me for Xmas and getting it for 10 quid, might make the transition from COD easier as you say (not a big COD player just got the game at xmas and played a small bit)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice, think I might take the plunge, looking for a decent MP game to keep me going for a few months, not worried about the cost as Id be trading in two unwanted games that were given to me for Xmas and getting it for 10 quid, might make the transition from COD easier as you say (not a big COD player just got the game at xmas and played a small bit)

If you're not firmly rooted in COD (like I was) you'll find the transition a bit better, you have to calm down a bit, take your time, and decide what you want to do. rushing forward or around in a loop like a maniac rarely pays off.

Advertisement