Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

First time playing it tonight, and I don't really like it.
    • Time to kill with nearly all weapons is far far too quick. It was bordering on too quick in the last beta, but was OK. Far worse now.
    • Kill trading is ridiculous. At least 4-5 trades per round.
    • The "Ultimate" version weapons (ACWR etc.) are madly OP.
    • Grenades are OP.

If they fix these it might be OK. The new game modes are fun so it's not all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

First time playing it tonight, and I don't really like it.
    • Time to kill with nearly all weapons is far far too quick. It was bordering on too quick in the last beta, but was OK. Far worse now.
    • Kill trading is ridiculous. At least 4-5 trades per round.
    • The "Ultimate" version weapons (ACWR etc.) are madly OP.
    • Grenades are OP.

If they fix these it might be OK. The new game modes are fun so it's not all bad.

These will be patched within a week. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not your traditional Battlefield but hey, it's something different. It's entertaining and will definitely hold us over until Battlefield 2143 in November (it's current gen only btw) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

what are ultimate version weapons? some sort of beastly upgrade? how would i get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

ACWR, L95 & another I forget the name of. Havent used them yet.

Its basically Day 1 DLC, which I'm against, but I lost my morals a long time ago

MarkY91 wrote: »
    what are ultimate version weapons? some sort of beastly upgrade? how would i get one?

As a COD player what do you think of Hardline so far?

Is it hard to get into after the jetpack stuff? What do you think of the bigger maps or the demographics of the community etc?

• Advertisement

Dayum wrote: »
    As a COD player what do you think of Hardline so far?

Is it hard to get into after the jetpack stuff? What do you think of the bigger maps or the demographics of the community etc?

lol the jetpacks are stupid on AW..bad move!

its definetly a different experience. but ive put many hours into BF4 and lots of time into the beta of hardline and 2 hours into the final release today so im fairly ok with switching back and forth.

i do miss killstreaks though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Wow it's so different to COD; first ever hour on a BF game tell last hour; hope I get hang of it; looks great in fairness

Wow it's so different to COD; first ever hour on a BF game tell last hour; hope I get hang of it; looks great in fairness

Tough time when you first play it after so much of cod. I'm still not used to the fact that I can't be aimed down the sight when going from project to standing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tough time when you first play it after so much of cod. I'm still not used to the fact that I can't be aimed down the sight when going from project to standing lol

*prone. (Stupid auto correct eh? :P )

It's actually funny the amount of people I've seen trying to drop shot me in Hardline compared to regular BF4 servers. It's like there's an influx of COD players trying out Hardline and initially failing :P

It's entertaining and will definitely hold us over until Battlefield 2143 in November (it's current gen only btw) ;)

I went straight back to BF4 after two hours :)

The things I mentioned really are gamebreaking for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

TDM is chaos. 64 players and spawns all over the place. It's so bad it must be a mistake. The maps are too small for that amount of players. It should be 16 v 16.

It's a good game. It's a bit of craic and I like the fast pace.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    *prone. (Stupid auto correct eh? :P )

It's actually funny the amount of people I've seen trying to drop shot me in Hardline compared to regular BF4 servers. It's like there's an influx of COD players trying out Hardline and initially failing :P

Haha yeah autocorrect is my nemesis!

So many snipers in hard line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Played about an hour so far and really enjoying it. Seems much faster than BF4. I didn't do great at all in the first few matches (1-9 in a couple) but I'm back in the swing now. Heist reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas in parts, especially the Hollywood mansion map. Haven't touched campaign yet but trying it next.

I went straight back to BF4 after two hours :)

The things I mentioned really are gamebreaking for me.

Happens with every new game.

Advanced Warfare and Ghosts players went straight back to Black Ops 2 and even a huge amount of Battlefield 4 players went back to BF3. Hopefully we don't have Battlefront players going back to Hardline.... :pac: I'm expecting Earth shattering things from Battlefront...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Truck9289

Anyone wanna get abit of a squad going on ps4?

Add us: Crabzilla420

So many new CoD players in Hardline running around aimlessly....

MW3 must have tattooed in their mind that nonsensical spawn points are the norm in shooters....newsflash, they're not.

In BF, it's impossible to spawn randomly around the map in most game modes. You either a) spawn on a team mate or b) spawn back at your teams HQ. There's no point whatsoever in running back to your own spawn point because there's going to be **** all there.....PTFO FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hard for me to justify buying a mod simply because it has Battlefield in the title.

Its not a bad game but its Desert Combat to 1942. Is the same game with some changes to make it try not look like the same game. At least my veteran badge says i own every BF game on origin.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hard for me to justify buying a mod simply because it has Battlefield in the title.

Its not a bad game but its Desert Combat to 1942. Is the same game with some changes to make it try not look like the same game. At least my veteran badge says i own every BF game on origin.
    That argument is utter bullsh!t and getting old. Same UI != same game.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Sound like a copy and paste from every CoD release. I thought BF players gloated st how mature hey are compared to call of duty players

Sound like a copy and paste from every CoD release. I thought BF players gloated st how mature hey are compared to call of duty players

At least no kid is going to fuck your mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Never understood the holier-than-thou attitude from BF players. Anyway, got this yesterday, seems decent, definitely isn't any big step up from cod in terms of difficulty. Time to kill does seem a bit low for BF.

AdamD wrote: »
    Never understood the holier-than-thou attitude from BF players. Anyway, got this yesterday, seems decent, definitely isn't any big step up from cod in terms of difficulty. Time to kill does seem a bit low for BF.

Perhaps not Hardline but conventional BF titles will chew you up and spit you out in terms of a learning curve if you have the misfortune of coming up against a well organised team that know what they're doing...

I've seen untold numbers of, what I suspect to be, new Call of Duty players in Hardline running about like headless chickens to the point that they've no awareness whatsoever that the enemy team cannot spawn in any random corner of the map because they've been so indoctrinated over the years in believing that someone will spawn under their left toenail. I've seen whole squads of guys hightailing it off in completely different directions upon starting a match and I just think to myself that these players are not going to last twenty seconds on their own.

Or they're legging it back to our teams HQ which inevitably ends with them running around in circles getting frustrated that they've not come across any opponent in the last ten minutes. And it's a shame because if they actually played the objective and ran towards where the battle lines were drawn they would see the utter chaos that Battlefield is famous for.

Playing the objective is a completely alien concept for some of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What you suspect to be call of duty players. Meaningless tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

I'm on now on pc for a few hours if anyone wants a few games?

hitmansixfour on origin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

AdamD wrote: »
    What you suspect to be call of duty players. Meaningless tripe.

Tough day, eh? Some kid fucked your mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone playing the x360 version of this?
    Any good?
    I still love bf3.. never bothered with bf4, but I like the idea of hardline

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Anyone playing the x360 version of this?
    Any good?
    I still love bf3.. never bothered with bf4, but I like the idea of hardline

I wouldn't get it on 360 if I was you. Not only do the numbers playing it seem laughably small at the moment compared with the current gen (3,000 Vs. 111,000 last time I checked) but in my experience Battlefield games just never feel like the real deal on the old gen tech. My brother in law bought BF3 on the 360 and it was night and day compared with my PC version - now of course that's to be expected but still - if you're handing over what is essentially the same price for a game with two very contrasting experiences then I think it would be a waste if you plan on upgrading in the next year.

Again, it's just my opinion.

Just to add to the above post - if you're a Star Wars fan or a Battlefield fan then Battlefront will be coming out in November this year and they've announced that it won't be on any of the last gen machines. A lot of people threw a hissy fit about it but it's good DICE are finally moving on to exploit what power they can get out of the current gen systems.

Not sure if this is the start of the official leap. I suppose we'll have to wait to see if scumbag Activision put Black Ops 3 is on last gen. If not then that will be it - the only thing last gen will most likely get in 2016 will be the odd FIFA and that so if you plan on playing games over the next few years it's probably a good time to upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My brother in law bought BF3 on the 360 and it was night and day compared with my PC version

Graphics were obviously much better on PC but I still preferred the gameplay so much more on 360 than PC for BF3.

Of course, my opinion too :)

Advertisement