Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Kill. Die.

Spawn. Killtrade. Die.

Spawn. Die.

Annoying so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I tagged a Visceral dev who had Visceral tags on. My mate tagged him twice. No trace of evidence that we tagged them on our battlelogs at all.

They're meant to be 'viral'. Tweeted Visceral for the craic to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What are the servers like, any lag?

Got a reply from Visceral "You should be able to get it and wear it but there's a bug with it right now"

I hope once bug is fixed, I won't have to reacquire them again! But that's awesome you can wear them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ShaneU wrote: »
    What are the servers like, any lag?

None at all, running absolutely fine. It's also pretty fast loading in to games, much quicker than BF4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

miralize wrote: »
    Kill. Die.

Spawn. Killtrade. Die.

Spawn. Die.

Annoying so far

That sums up most concepts of gaming in general.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

miralize wrote: »
    Kill. Die.

Spawn. Killtrade. Die.

Spawn. Die.

Annoying so far

Just like BF4 then? Ugh

Meanwhile I've been having a blast with BC2 lately. The longer TTK, destruction and teamwork focused gameplay instead of a bazillion unlocks and rubbish camper filled maps is just fun.

Most people probably already know but there's an extension for your browser called Better Battlelog which adds various new features and improvements to Battlelog

It also integrates BFHstats.com into your Battlelog.

You can get it here: http://getbblog.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

5uspect wrote: »
    Just like BF4 then? Ugh

BF4 is nothing like it. Just played it for another 15 minutes and I've actually changed to full on HATE for this game now. Thank god I didn't pay €60 for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The time to kill is just silly and its close to ruining an otherwise fun game for me.

• Advertisement

BF4 is nothing like it. Just played it for another 15 minutes and I've actually changed to full on HATE for this game now. Thank god I didn't pay €60 for it.

Don't understand personally how you could "hate" it - the fundamentals are solid. The ttk is the biggest issue I can see at the moment but it's only a minor annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fair few times I have got round the back of an enemy team in Heist of Bloodmoney and really really wished I had a PKP, have found in those modes 1 good squad can dominate the game if they PTFO.

1Para have 2 servers for PC, and always fun to play on their servers.

Altho Hardcore seems broken as its 100% health just doesnt regen.

DarkJager wrote: »
    The ttk is the biggest issue I can see at the moment but it's only a minor annoyance.

It's gamebreaking in my opinion. Back to BF4 until they fix it.

That argument is utter bullsh!t and getting old. Same UI != same game.

But it is the same game? :confused: Its a mod that is being sold for full price, someone asked me if they should buy it and I said no, maybe for 20 quid but 60 quid and a premium DLC plan for a what is a mod. Nope.

And its not an argument or utter bull****, its fairly factual that its a cops and robbers mod albeit in a full price game.

It's gamebreaking in my opinion. Back to BF4 until they fix it.

It's frustrating but not gamebreaking imo. It is possible to finish rounds with a positive k/d ratio.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    But it is the same game? :confused: Its a mod that is being sold for full price, someone asked me if they should buy it and I said no, maybe for 20 quid but 60 quid and a premium DLC plan for a what is a mod. Nope.

And its not an argument or utter bull****, its fairly factual that its a cops and robbers mod albeit in a full price game.

Please explain how it is the same game. Same engine. Similar UI. Different gun mechanics, movement, maps, modes etc. etc. Is it worth €60? Absolutely not, which is why I paid €35. But it's not the "same game" - far from it.
    It's frustrating but not gamebreaking imo. It is possible to finish rounds with a positive k/d ratio.
    Not good enough for me...used to 2.5-3 KD :D

Please explain how it is the same game. Same engine. Similar UI. Different gun mechanics, movement, maps, modes etc. etc. Is it worth €60? Absolutely not, which is why I paid €35. But it's not the "same game" - far from it.

Im not actually sure what your point is? Hardline is a mod for battlefield 4 using the Frostbite engine. I am honestly not sure what part of that is hard to grasp.

The fact its being sold as a full price game irks me. I was on all the Betas and the 1st one that that had the exact fcuking same UI as BF4 that people bitched about and some changes were made and release date "delayed".

FYI if your on PC change your FOV to 90 its more Bf4ish.

But its as much same game as BF4 as DC was to 42 or CS was to HL.

Im not actually sure what your point is? Hardline is a mod for battlefield 4 using the Frostbite engine. I am honestly not sure what part of that is hard to grasp.
    I'm not sure why it's hard for you to explain how "same engine" means "same game". Do you know how many games use the Havok engine? Are they all the same?

I really don't get how people consider this a "mod" ffs.

I'm not sure why it's hard for you to explain how "same engine" means "same game". Do you know how many games use the Havok engine? Are they all the same?
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I really don't get how people consider this a "mod" ffs.

Because it is :confused:

Its a mod for BF4.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-hardline-dev-explains-why-it-s-not-just-an-expansion/1100-6420679/

• Advertisement

The article you quoted completely contradicts your idea of it being a mod?

Have we been trolled?

Have you been drinking?

If you cant see this as a mod for BF4, well i have nothing else to add. I have yet to see your argument as to how it is not. And tbh cba listening to it.
    The article you quoted completely contradicts your idea of it being a mod?

it shows the dev responding to people saying it is by saying stuff like that.....

Jackie-Chan-Meme-Template.jpg
    I have yet to see your argument as to how it is not.
    Scroll up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Doesn't seem like a great uptake on PC.

Looks like this will be a console shooter. I screen grabbed this earlier.

yvTUTUb.jpg

After playing another 4 hours of my EA Access trial I have to say I have warmed up to the game. Modes such as Crossfire & Rescue have become enjoyable when playing together as a team. Team deathmatch is chaotic and great fun, spawns are messed up but its all fun either way.

I don't like conquest and most of the other modes that feel like BF4 mixed with a cops n robbers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

To be honest it feels like a mod or expansion pack than a full game.
    Look at Battlefield Vietnam which was released for Bad Company 2 and it was an awesome expansion...I've been playing a few games of hardline and it just doesn't pull me into the battles the say way as BF2/BF3 or BF4 for that matter...it feels kinda artificial but maybe I just need to play a few more maps etc to get a better overall feel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My problem with hard line is that that there is less guns in the entire game than there was in a single class on bf4.

That's one thing I admired about battlefield over cod...having limitless guns to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For those that seem to be struggling about the meaning of mods and expansions.

A mod or modification is the alteration of the program code of a video game in order to make it operate in a manner different from its original version. Mods can be created for any genre of game but are especially popular in first-person shooters, role-playing games and real-time strategy games. Mods are made by the general public or a developer and can be entirely new games in themselves, but mods are not stand-alone software and require the user to have the original release in order to run. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(video_gaming)

An expansion pack is an addition to a video game. These add-ons usually add new game areas, weapons, objects, and/or an extended storyline to complete an already released game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_pack (Expansion packs do not necessarily require the user to have the original release, but they are built using that game's existing code)

So a new game built from the ground up on new code is not a mod or an expansion. Using the same game engine is not the same as using the game code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

big problems with Nvidia 700 series graphics cards causing a crash and directx error: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494140190588/1/

Advertisement