Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

big problems with Nvidia 700 series graphics cards causing a crash and directx error: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494140190588/1/

there's a workarounds in that you go into the directx folder and copy all the .CAB files into the _installer folder inside Origin games\BF Hardline

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Have been loving me some Hotwire on Xbox One the last few days - I think that's because I'm shocking at FPS and have an awful K/D ratio :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Blood Money is so much fun. I am loving this game, its a laugh. Even enjoyed the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Really really struggling with this big time, havent played BF before and played a small bit of COD this year but cant get my wits on the maps at all, was playing Team Deathmatch, prob not the best mode to start with? Hope I can improve as it looks and feels greeat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't play TDM, its an abomination. A poor mode at the best of times but the spawns for it in Hardline are just atrocious.

• Advertisement

I don't get why the BF series even has a TDM mode. To me that is not what BF is about. The maps lend themselves to actual objectives. On BF, BF2, BF3 and BF4 all I played was Conquest. On Hardline all I will play is Blood Money and Heist. I did try Rescue but while fun, it is very slow.

One of the main issues with TDM is that it is 32v32 alot of the time which is just a clusterfu*k.

Hotwire is like CTF with cars.

Give Blood Money or Heist a go, serious craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

logik wrote: »
    Hotwire is like CTF with cars.

More like Conquest with cars that are the moving checkpoints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Played more of that car chase mode and I did well. Saving for vehicle upgrades..the rocket launcher in the boot would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Picked this up on release, wasnt overly pushed about it but really enjoying it, I honestly dont think ill ever get sick of playing hotwire...its absolutely brilliant.. Blood Money is good aswell, two excellent game modes.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    More like Conquest with cars that are the moving checkpoints :D

Yes, you are right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Copy should be with me hopefully this week.

With curving my WoW raiding hours back I've had time for other games, and most of it has been going into BF4. Unfortunately the last of the lads processed their refund last night, so I'm literally on my own with this one, which is not going to be great. Might try hook up with some lads here for some PC games.

Have been watching plenty of streams on Twitch trying to get a feel for it. Looks a lot faster paced and if the CoD style play actually pays off. I'd nearly go as far as saying this is maybe EA tying to break into the CoD dominated console market? Something just looks off with the way it plays for a BF title.

the sort of lazy analysis is that BF is slower paced and a bit more planned with CoD being a twitch shooter and essentially the modern quake. Hardline looks like a severe movement towards being that sort of faster shooter that argueably you can just play on your own and not really feel the need to work with friends or a team.

Not a bad thing, just seems a pretty significant shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Was partly interested in this, but I think I'll hold off as I'm still on last gen. I'll be picking up a PS4 for the phantom pain in September time so will probably give this a miss altogether as Battlefront will be out in November time. Good year for games this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Played this most of the weekend, so good but so addictive as well. Love heist and hotwire and starting to get a feel for blood money too. The submachine guns seem to be the go to weapon for most people, the MPX is a beast. I do think though that the weapon license threshold is way too high at the moment, 1250 kills to be able to use the same weapon on both teams seems a bit harsh.

On the campaign side I'm up to Ep 5 and it's very enjoyable, a nice diversion when you need a break for MP. Just for anyone contemplating playing through it, doing so and completing the cases will reward you with a total of 10 bronze, 7 silver and 1 gold battlepacks. Well worth a thorough playthrough at least once for them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TheDoc wrote: »
    Copy should be with me hopefully this week.

With curving my WoW raiding hours back I've had time for other games, and most of it has been going into BF4. Unfortunately the last of the lads processed their refund last night, so I'm literally on my own with this one, which is not going to be great. Might try hook up with some lads here for some PC games.

Have been watching plenty of streams on Twitch trying to get a feel for it. Looks a lot faster paced and if the CoD style play actually pays off. I'd nearly go as far as saying this is maybe EA tying to break into the CoD dominated console market? Something just looks off with the way it plays for a BF title.

the sort of lazy analysis is that BF is slower paced and a bit more planned with CoD being a twitch shooter and essentially the modern quake. Hardline looks like a severe movement towards being that sort of faster shooter that argueably you can just play on your own and not really feel the need to work with friends or a team.

Not a bad thing, just seems a pretty significant shift.
    Tbh unless they change the aiming system it'll never be as twitchy as cod. Going prone etc. still takes much longer and the aiming system is heavier, so despite being fast its still clunkier and less arcadey than cod. Most game modes are still 32p which is too large to carry/not rely on team mates, again unlike cod where if you're good enough you'll win most games even with ****e team mates.

AdamD wrote: »
    Tbh unless they change the aiming system it'll never be as twitchy as cod. Going prone etc. still takes much longer and the aiming system is heavier, so despite being fast its still clunkier and less arcadey than cod. Most game modes are still 32p which is too large to carry/not rely on team mates, again unlike cod where if you're good enough you'll win most games even with ****e team mates.

this is something i find annoying as im used to being aimed down the sight when going from prone. its the battlefield way and i just need to fully adjust.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    this is something i find annoying as im used to being aimed down the sight when going from prone. its the battlefield way and i just need to fully adjust.

Less of the drop-shotting coddy :D

Less of the drop-shotting coddy :D

lol i was never a drop shotter. its something im glad isnt in battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

First time playing it tonight, and I don't really like it.
    • Time to kill with nearly all weapons is far far too quick. It was bordering on too quick in the last beta, but was OK. Far worse now.
    • Kill trading is ridiculous. At least 4-5 trades per round.
    • The "Ultimate" version weapons (ACWR etc.) are madly OP.
    • Grenades are OP.

If they fix these it might be OK. The new game modes are fun so it's not all bad.

Can add the following:

<> insta kills or one hit kills are rife
    <> scoring system is a shocker, can do circles in hotwire showing no skill and cream in the points
    <> hotwire is stupid, funny for a little while but stupid... RPG and c4 kills are the order of the day
    <> rescue mode is actually good but the scoring is so low I expect it to die a death
    <> game is camper galore, sit in corner with gun and hold down fire...skill?

I like the game but in the same way I like a kebab on a night out. BF4 still is the ala carte meal in comparison. If heist wasn't there id have no interest and I won't get premium until in bargain bin as the game is quite samey after a while, see little reason to want more maps. Unlike BF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    But it is the same game? :confused: Its a mod that is being sold for full price, someone asked me if they should buy it and I said no, maybe for 20 quid but 60 quid and a premium DLC plan for a what is a mod. Nope.

And its not an argument or utter bull****, its fairly factual that its a cops and robbers mod albeit in a full price game.

A mod?

What utter nonsense.

That's like saying Fifa is a mod to Pro Evo soccer. Same teams, same rules..."mod?".

If it was a mod youd have most bf players loving the game, not arguing about the major differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ended up buying this just now, sick of playing BF4 and can't seem to settle on anything else. Downloading it now, looking forward to having a good stab at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

MarkY91 wrote: »

To be honest, going prone is silly anyway. So many people do it in BF4, but they forget that when they're prone, all I can see is their heads, which means it's almost instant death for them.

Hitting someone in the head doubles the damage. This is exactly why you should never go prone at the end of a hallway, because players with half-decent aim will have you dead in a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

To be honest, going prone is silly anyway. So many people do it in BF4, but they forget that when they're prone, all I can see is their heads, which means it's almost instant death for them.

Hitting someone in the head doubles the damage. This is exactly why you should never go prone at the end of a hallway, because players with half-decent aim will have you dead in a second.

2nd that. I never go prone, too slow to react to enemy flanking. Most of my knife kills are someone who is prone and defenceless.

mozattack wrote: »
    <> insta kills or one hit kills are rife
    <> scoring system is a shocker, can do circles in hotwire showing no skill and cream in the points
    <> hotwire is stupid, funny for a little while but stupid... RPG and c4 kills are the order of the day
    <> rescue mode is actually good but the scoring is so low I expect it to die a death
    <> game is camper galore, sit in corner with gun and hold down fire...skill?

Weapon damage is like Hardcore mode in BF3/4. Just adjust you tactics.
    You could say much the same for repair in heli/attack boats in BF4. Or ammo boxes & medipacks.
    Agreed that RPG's have no place in Hotwire. Speaking as someone with 1700 kills with RPG in BF4
    Rescue mode is not my style of game so I havent played it.
    And finally, as Sgt Apone said in Aliens "Check those corners and watch the mini-map for campers". :D

^ re the above

Notwithstanding the damage model I think the 'one hit kill bug' is in the game. If I was dying to the K10 like that i'd understand but sometimes it can be any gun and BOOM...dead. It is more than just a fast TTK I believe.

Also what is the craic with the explosion sound on occasion when dying to gunfire... sounds like you've been C4'd or something only to then see it is the M16 or whatever. It is very very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Blazer wrote: »
    there's a workarounds in that you go into the directx folder and copy all the .CAB files into the _installer folder inside Origin games\BF Hardline
    Didnt work but thanks anyway

Check out Angry Joes review on You Tube.

I will be surprised if the dlcs and premium sell for BFH. Would be a major shock for me with BF4 still going and Battlefront out at Xmas.

Only chance was to sell if for half price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mozattack wrote: »
    Check out Angry Joes review on You Tube.

I will be surprised if the dlcs and premium sell for BFH. Would be a major shock for me with BF4 still going and Battlefront out at Xmas.

Only chance was to sell if for half price

Battlefront will not be out this year, I have serious doubts about any game due in December not slipping to 2016 for "extra polish".

DarkJager wrote: »
    Battlefront will not be out this year, I have serious doubts about any game due in December not slipping to 2016 for "extra polish".

I was thinking the same thing. I cant see it making its intended release date.

I have said it multiple times. It will be out in time for Christmas. Stop worrying guys :D

I have said it multiple times. It will be out in time for Christmas. Stop worrying guys :D

You seriously level 82? Do you sleep, eat or take a sh*t? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Theylll want to do everything to get it ready in time for Episode 7. Even if it doesnt tie in, its free marketing for both

Advertisement