Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting broadband into house - Eircom can't help (apparently)

Options
  • 27-05-2014 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

After moving house, I've been trying to get broadband activated, for some time now. I am an existing eircom customer.

After three attempts at getting an engineer into the house (each time an engineer would come out but without notification so there was no one there), we were finally successful in arranging a day.

To cut a long story short, the engineer was unable to identify where the broadband cable comes into the house. He tested the signal via the cables outside on the road, and all was working normally. Phone line is also working normally. When I asked what needed to be done to rectify the problem, I was told that I'd have to "get someone out" to look at it. When I asked if he meant someone else from Eircom I was told Eircom don't provide that service. Instead I was told that I'd need to contact someone like "an electrician who knows about phones". He recommended his old colleague who used to work for Eircom.

Is it true that Eircom don't provide this service? And do I now have to pay for an ex-Eircom employee to come out and find the broadband cables in my house? Sounds unbelievable to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dreamers wrote: »
    After moving house, I've been trying to get broadband activated, for some time now. I am an existing eircom customer.

After three attempts at getting an engineer into the house (each time an engineer would come out but without notification so there was no one there), we were finally successful in arranging a day.

To cut a long story short, the engineer was unable to identify where the broadband cable comes into the house. He tested the signal via the cables outside on the road, and all was working normally. Phone line is also working normally. When I asked what needed to be done to rectify the problem, I was told that I'd have to "get someone out" to look at it. When I asked if he meant someone else from Eircom I was told Eircom don't provide that service. Instead I was told that I'd need to contact someone like "an electrician who knows about phones". He recommended his old colleague who used to work for Eircom.

Is it true that Eircom don't provide this service? And do I now have to pay for an ex-Eircom employee to come out and find the broadband cables in my house? Sounds unbelievable to me.

Hi dreamers

Sorry to hear of this-  it does indeed seem quite odd even to me.

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement