Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That reminds me, must finish Pikmin 3!
    Peach finished it way back, but I only got around half way through!

She always annihilated me in the multiplayer too though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hang on... does that mean that you're.... oh god, how did I not notice?

tumblr_lunwg9LkMH1r5ds6vo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The_B_Man wrote: »
    After a few cans Saturday night, I downloaded the Pikmin 3 demo for the laugh. Having never played any of the series, I didn't know what to expect. A couple of minutes in, the missus took the controller off me and played the whole demo. Sunday morning, headed into town and bought the full game. Spent the whole day playing Pikmin. On paper, I'd never touch the game, but after playing the demo, it's a surprisingly good game. I'm actually shocked that I like it (and her too).

Man I loved Pikmin 3, such a great, easy/challenging and very pretty game.

You are right in saying that on paper it doesn't sound great and a lot of people have missed out on it because of this. Glad they have a demo for it now but they should keep pushing it on the eshop and release more DLC/Amiibo (lol) as I would snap that all up.

Anyone who hasn't, should pick this game up!

So I started Skyward Sword last night, it's very pretty but man there is a lot of cut scenes before you get to your first dungeon. Motion plus, stupid, Link running around holding his sword out like he's a small kid running with scissors so ya have to press 'A' a lot to put away.and no on-screen map? It's like they took a step back from TP.

God, I hope they don't work in motion plus to the New Zelda and stick with the gamepad/pro-controller. It kinda takes away from the actual game :(

• Advertisement

I honestly thought the opposite, I felt that it added to the game, felt more directly responsible for Link's actions, and thus more involved in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So I started Skyward Sword last night, it's very pretty but man there is a lot of cut scenes before you get to your first dungeon. Motion plus, stupid, Link running around holding his sword out like he's a small kid running with scissors so ya have to press 'A' a lot to put away.and no on-screen map? It's like they took a step back from TP.

God, I hope they don't work in motion plus to the New Zelda and stick with the gamepad/pro-controller. It kinda takes away from the actual game :(

Stick with it! Started recently, 30 hrs in, can't wait to get back to it. The first hour or two are definitely the slowest part in what I've done so far.

Love Skyloft. Got me thinking which is my favourite village in all the Zelda games*. Probably Kakariko in LTTP. Or OOT. Special mention for the fantastic music of Windfall island. But Skyloft if definitely up there.

*obviously it's Clock Town. But these are my favourite other ones.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Stick with it! Started recently, 30 hrs in, can't wait to get back to it. The first hour or two are definitely the slowest part in what I've done so far.

Love Skyloft. Got me thinking which is my favourite village in all the Zelda games*. Probably Kakariko in LTTP. Or OOT. Special mention for the fantastic music of Windfall island. But Skyloft if definitely up there.

*obviously it's Clock Town. But these are my favourite other ones.

Oh yeah I'm gonna stick with it till thend end, just seems a little silly to me.

Wanna get through all the zeldas I haven't finished in the next couple months before Zelda U comes out.

Just have to play OoT to completion after SS and then MM, so I won't have Zelda fatigue in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Question for you guys. Metroid Prime series, do I have to play the first one to get the story? i have echoes and corruption, can I just start with echoes?

Did you watch the Nintendo Direct? They're releasing the Metroid Prime Trilogy for download through the Wii U. €20 but will launch for €10.

abbir wrote: »
    Did you watch the Nintendo Direct? They're releasing the Metroid Prime Trilogy for download through the Wii U. €20 but will launch for €10.

Ah SPOILER! Lol I was going to watch it later tonight. But awesome! all 3 for €10 or €10 each?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Ah SPOILER! Lol I was going to watch it later tonight. But awesome! all 3 for €10 or €10 each?

Oops sorry.....it'll be €10 for the Trilogy Release (so all 3 games) for one week after release (€20 after). I won't tell you the release date so I don't spoil that too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm playing Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. I've also played a bit of SMT4 and Rune Factory 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Still playing Skyward Sword. It's a long game, i'm nearly at 50 hours, but such fun. I'm just at a cut scene which I believe will be of great significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm still playing Pikmin 3.
    I've completed the story mode and moved onto the missions. I bought all the DLC for 9 euro or so, and i've gotten weeks of use out of it, so its well worth it for me.
    Seriously though, the two of us come home from work, have dinner, and play it until we go to bed. I think its starting to become a bit of a problem (and we havent even start Bingo Mode!)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Started Pikmin 3 the other night. Wasted large chunks of the first 2 days trying to figure out that weighing scales puzzle while I was still a lone crewman, wondering if there was a jump button I was missing. D'oh! Are there fixed limited amounts of fruit in the game, limiting how many days you have to beat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye, each level has a number beside it of how much fruit you have collected and how much is on the island, eg "9/16".

So ye, to answer your question, there's limited fruit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye, each level has a number beside it of how much fruit you have collected and how much is on the island, eg "9/16".

So ye, to answer your question, there's limited fruit.

yea but you don't get to see that from the start it'll say like 9/?? as opposed to 9/16 until you get a certain item afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fantasy Life on 3DS is ridiculously addictive. I've run down my battery twice since Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    Fantasy Life on 3DS is ridiculously addictive. I've run down my battery twice since Wednesday.

i should have brought it from smyths, i went the cheapo option and brought it from cd wow, they have a backorder of two weeks for it , so two weeks of waiting for it to come in stock and another two weeks wait for it to arrive to me. Raging!!

Playing Mario and luigi dream team at the moment, really enjoying it more then i thought i would.

1,000 posts.... kudos. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finally finished a link between worlds, what a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Now is that a 3DS or 3DS XL, as only one of them mean you've played it a lot. :pac:

I'm playing it currently but I'm still stuck on which eyes to pick.

XL. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

XL. :)

It's a bit addictive so.

A bit.

It may be 12 years old, (next month I think?) but Metroid Prime is still a magnificent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Christ, Bayonetta 1 is intense. No letting up at all. I can only play one chapter at a time.

I think it's time to wind down with the project management sim that is Pikmin 3.

I have to start Pikmin 3 properly. I have the problem (definitely a first world one) that I only got a WiiU a few months ago and I've been snapping up my wishlist. I have about 12 boxed games and a bunch of digital games, so I'm like an easily distracted kid in a toy shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn Fire Emblem I won't sleep again tonight it's just too much fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

cloud493 wrote: »
    Finally finished a link between worlds, what a great game.

Hero mode aswell I hope?

Advertisement