Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I owned them game physically at launch but sold it over a year ago. When I downloaded the demo it didn't remember any of my past ranking. Started me at level 1. I bought the game over the weekend and it remembered my old save then and it put me back to level 22. Based on that it seems to treat the demo as a separate game so I wouldn't be fully confident your save carries across. But can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually a question for the Splatoon 2 demo players - have any of you gone on to buy the full game - I assume the save game from the demo carries over?

Yes it does. Took the plunge and bought the full version over the weekend.

Single player campaign is good fun. Kinda reminds me of a mix between Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy in terms of game mechanics and level design.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great stuff thanks folks. I’m only level 7 but cba starting again even at that level. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I played a few games of turf war the other night and seemed fun. When do other maps or modes open up as I was playing the same 2 over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I must go back to Splatoon 2. Always got IMMENSE satisfaction from using a roller and getting paint down while my team mates went off to get killed one by one instead of grouping up.

• Advertisement

Ok this is a bit worrying - bought the full game + Octo expansion from the SA store and it brought me through the tutorial again - it's not recognising my save game from the demo (I'm playing the game using the same profile). I wonder did I download the demo from a different region maybe? Not starting from scratch again.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I played a few games of turf war the other night and seemed fun. When do other maps or modes open up as I was playing the same 2 over and over

Maps are on a random rotation. There's 2 maps available in ranked, 2 in unranked and 2 in league. These change every hour or so. Maybe more frequently now, I'm not sure. And Salmon Run mode is only available at random times. You just have to hope for the best when you login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Ok this is a bit worrying - bought the full game + Octo expansion from the SA store and it brought me through the tutorial again - it's not recognising my save game from the demo (I'm playing the game using the same profile). I wonder did I download the demo from a different region maybe? Not starting from scratch again.

I'm guessing you must have bought the demo from a different account and saves are tied to that account. :confused:

skerry wrote: »
    I'm guessing you must have bought the demo from a different account and saves are tied to that account. :confused:

Yes I think I downloaded the demo from the US store - didn't think it would make a difference where you downloaded it from. On that store the full game is not showing as "Purchased" whereas on the Irish and SA stores it is. :rolleyes:

So either I start from scratch again or try get a refund from customer support and buy it from the US store where the demo save should carry over. No guarantee I'll get a refund at all or if I would get it before the sale is over (not buying it twice in the hope of a refund).

Not sure if it was me being stupid or Nintendo being morons - I mean I'm launching both the demo and full game from the same profile... :(

Yes I think I downloaded the demo from the US store - didn't think it would make a difference where you downloaded it from. On that store the full game is not showing as "Purchased" whereas on the Irish and SA stores it is. :rolleyes:

So either I start from scratch again or try get a refund from customer support and buy it from the US store where the demo save should carry over. No guarantee I'll get a refund at all or if I would get it before the sale is over (not buying it twice in the hope of a refund).

Not sure if it was me being stupid or Nintendo being morons - I mean I'm launching both the demo and full game from the same profile... :(

I think the Irish and SA stores are under the same umbrella of European store, not sure when SA joined Europe but that's how Nintendo seem to work it. If you ask for a refund are you drawing attention to using multiple region accounts? Shouldn't take too long to get back to the level you were at, bummer all the same though. I already lost my saves when I upgraded my Switch and I'm back up to level 8 now, although when I turned it on last week I was level 4 because my niece had been playing it over the Christmas so it was a nice head start, forgot she was playing it. Haven't played a huge amount over the weekend to get from level 4-8 though

• Advertisement

I think the Irish and SA stores are under the same umbrella of European store, not sure when SA joined Europe but that's how Nintendo seem to work it. If you ask for a refund are you drawing attention to using multiple region accounts? Shouldn't take too long to get back to the level you were at, bummer all the same though. I already lost my saves when I upgraded my Switch and I'm back up to level 8 now, although when I turned it on last week I was level 4 because my niece had been playing it over the Christmas so it was a nice head start, forgot she was playing it. Haven't played a huge amount over the weekend to get from level 4-8 though

Yeah you're probably right - I should just stfu and start again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Currently playing civ 6 again and was wondering does the expansion pack change the game much and is it worth getting. It's €40 on the eshop so pricey enough but just wondering if anyone here has it and is it worth taking the plunge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just restarting Zelda on Master Mode. Haven’t played it since the DLC came out so looking forward to getting stuck back in. Getting my ass handed to me at the moment though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Now that they have patched up pilllars i am playing it and really enjoying it. Picked up baldurs gate and divinity as well.

Its such a beast of a console.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Now that they have patched up pilllars i am playing it and really enjoying it. Picked up baldurs gate and divinity as well.

Its such a beast of a console.

I was surprised how well Divinity ran on it. Must check out Pillars, heard it wasn't great at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I was surprised how well Divinity ran on it. Must check out Pillars, heard it wasn't great at launch

If you can wait pick it up on a sale, there were some game breaking bugs in original build. Its allot better now.

For me it just plays so well and looks so well on a big screen tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

A bit of Streets of rage 4, Mario and Rabbids. All good.

Tried Asphalt Legends 9. Pretty incredible what the switch can produce. And free to play too.

Now wondering , they can't get any cash off me/kids unless you explicitly buy something and enter eshop password and ... for me enter credit card details ???

IE there is no sneaky way they can grab your cash ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

nintendoo wrote: »
    A bit of Streets of rage 4, Mario and Rabbids. All good.

Tried Asphalt Legends 9. Pretty incredible what the switch can produce. And free to play too.

Now wondering , they can't get any cash off me/kids unless you explicitly buy something and enter eshop password and ... for me enter credit card details ???

IE there is no sneaky way they can grab your cash ?

Just looked at a couple of videos for that, looks like it could be fun alright. Sounds like it suffers from the usual freemium grind-wall after a while, though :(

If you have the Eshop set to prompt for password for each transaction and don't have a payment method saved, then you should be set up to not get any nasty credit-card-bill surprises.

Went back to Mario and Rabbids. I got this in 2017 physical and couldn't get into it, and sold it.

Got this including dlc recently in the eshop sale. Like 13 quid or something :) Now I'm taking my time and playing it properly. Really, really enjoying it. The designers did a brilliant job tuning this. It just plays so well. And you can just dip in and out. It's like a totally different experience than before. Wtf :)

I haven't played it in over a year. Got to a level that I just couldn't get passed and bailed out. I feel like I was about 3/4 the way through the game and really enjoying it but once I hit the wall that was it. I was done. Still would recommend the game though to people.

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote: »
    Just looked at a couple of videos for that, looks like it could be fun alright. Sounds like it suffers from the usual freemium grind-wall after a while, though :(

If you have the Eshop set to prompt for password for each transaction and don't have a payment method saved, then you should be set up to not get any nasty credit-card-bill surprises.

It's got the sort of soundtrack I hate. But it plays well. And the graphics are absolutely fine, especially on a big screen. I'd rather pay up front then I can relax and enjoy the game and not feel like I'm being played or I'm going to hit a paywall at some stage. Looking forward to getting Grid autosport if that drops in price or failing that get Forza and and Xbox :) it'd definitely scratched an itch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Double Dragon AC after picking it up for €2 on SA store plays really well with the dedicated elbow/flying kick shoulder button plus the score challenges make it endlessly replayable. Great stuff and satisfying!

Mostly playing Animal Crossing and some Splatoon 2. Also started Dragons Dogma again and flicking between Celeste and Mario Maker 2 for my platforming fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Back to Fire Emblem still haven't finished it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Finished Pikmin 3, which is terrible, because I loved it and want to keep going.

So booted up Galaxy 2 to ease the pain. Don't think I've played it through since it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon this week and loving it. Had it for the DS originally and thought it would be the exact same but they've made some lovely changes which really improve it - delighted.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Finished Pikmin 3, which is terrible, because I loved it and want to keep going.

So booted up Galaxy 2 to ease the pain. Don't think I've played it through since it first came out.

Must play Pikmin 3. It's just sitting in its case ...

I wonder what Shigeru Miyamoto is up to these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pikmin 3 is a contender for game of the decade. It's so good yet nobody has really played it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pikmin 3 is a contender for game of the decade. It's so good yet nobody has really played it.

That's it. The White Wii U 8 GB is coming out of hibernation ! The sheikah slate / tablet shall be charged !!

What's the best control mechanism for Pikmin 3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I just used the ol gamepad. Dunno how well the "go here" function works without it.

Magic game, it is.

Advertisement