Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I just used the ol gamepad. Dunno how well the "go here" function works without it.

Magic game, it is.

Well, it worked on the Gamecube, with the first two games, so I imagine they'll make it work in the same way, no doubt with varied control options depending on docked/undocked, if you use the Joycons, Pro controller, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Star Ocean: First Departure. I'm a sucker for that old sprite character, with a polygon on rendered background look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, it worked on the Gamecube, with the first two games, so I imagine they'll make it work in the same way, no doubt with varied control options depending on docked/undocked, if you use the Joycons, Pro controller, etc.

Only asking because I've read before that wiimote and nunchuck is a good option! Anyway will play around and see what works for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/28mi6s/what_pikmin_3_control_scheme_do_you_use/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Back playing Astral Chain. Completely forgot combat system since I last played it so did training module all over. There's a lot to take in in the combat system. Typical Platinum, you can probably get by without mastering a good bit of it but looks unreal when things start to click. Love the anime style and soundtrack has Nier vibes which I'm liking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just rolled the credits on Animal Crossing. Lovely game. Now the shackles are off, I can do what I want in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pikmin 3 is a contender for game of the decade. It's so good yet nobody has really played it.

Wish I brought my Wii up from my mother's. I've a ton of GC ISOs including Pikmin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Got my switch a few months ago (just before the shortages luckily!) so been playing catch up! Currently playing some Splatoon which is great fun in multilayer, SteamWorld Heist which I'm enjoying a lot more than I thought and just started DQ XI so definitely going to be kept busy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Just finished the campaign for the blue lions in fire emblem three houses,took me fifty hours. Very good game! Don't think I have it in me to go straight on to another house and start again. Think I'll start back into dragon quest xi.

Mario and Rabbids has become I game I think about when I'm not playing it and look forward to playing again ... this is a sign of a good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Picked up xenoblade chronicles 2 again after a 2 year absence to get ready for the new one on pre-order.

Have 190 hours on the save file, and can't remember how the battle system works or what I was meant to be doing when I'd finished up last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grabbed Void Bastards last week. It's a roguelite so there is randomisation but you can make permanent progress with each game. It's a sci-fi shooter where you move from ship to ship in a galaxy, scavenging parts and killing enemies.

It was a steep learning curve, though. Took about 30 runs before I made any real progress (got the equivalent of a shotgun and can do 6 or 7 full ships in a run). The gameplay loop is addictive though. The graphics are lovely, the gunplay is fun and the audio is outstanding.

Steep enough price (€30) but worth putting on wishlists/dekudeals at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »
    Grabbed Void Bastards last week. It's a roguelite so there is randomisation but you can make permanent progress with each game. It's a sci-fi shooter where you move from ship to ship in a galaxy, scavenging parts and killing enemies.

It was a steep learning curve, though. Took about 30 runs before I made any real progress (got the equivalent of a shotgun and can do 6 or 7 full ships in a run). The gameplay loop is addictive though. The graphics are lovely, the gunplay is fun and the audio is outstanding.

Steep enough price (€30) but worth putting on wishlists/dekudeals at least.

I gave it a go on PC seeing as it was free on Game Pass. Enjoyable enough wouldn't have been happy paying €30 for it.

Grassey wrote: »
    Picked up xenoblade chronicles 2 again after a 2 year absence to get ready for the new one on pre-order.

Have 190 hours on the save file, and can't remember how the battle system works or what I was meant to be doing when I'd finished up last time!

Presume your finished main campaign with 190 hrs on the clock. Great game, must get stuck into Torna when I get a chance

skerry wrote:
    Presume your finished main campaign with 190 hrs on the clock. Great game, must get stuck into Torna when I get a chance

Nah, only chapter 7 ðŸ˜

Grassey wrote: »
    Nah, only chapter 7 ðŸ˜

Wow, I think I had around 80 or 90hrs done by the time I finished main quest, thought you'd be in post game territory after 190. Combat system is great once it clicks and you get toppling, launching and slamming foes all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I’m currently playing Animal Crossing New Horizons and Mario Kart 8.

I have my Switch almost two months now and I am looking for game recommendations.

Are any of the Pokemon games any good? I played a lot on Gameboy/DS but not Switch. :)

skerry wrote:
    Wow, I think I had around 80 or 90hrs done by the time I finished main quest, thought you'd be in post game territory after 190. Combat system is great once it clicks and you get toppling, launching and slamming foes all over the place.

Yeah, I wandered off from the main quest, and went trying to unlock all the blades, and then their quests, and then got sidetracked along the way. Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I have my Switch almost two months now and I am looking for game recommendations.

Breath of the Wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finished BotW on Master Mode, with about half shrines done, and 4 beasts. I don't know if I'll do much more. I've already close to 100%ed the game when it came out.

"Full on attack Ganon, run away White Mobile" sums up my experience though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Playing a good bit of Splatoon 2 (up past level 10 now so can play the Ranked battles). I had the original on Wii U but the controls never clicked so gave up pretty quickly. Really enjoying both the multiplayer and single player modes. Does the DLC ever get reduced in price?

Also playing through Streets of Rage 4. Never played much of the originals (as a Nintendo only household) but still have nostalgia for that genre of game. The nostalgia has also gotten to my wife who remembers playing the originals so we've gotten a few co-op games in too.

• Advertisement

Also playing through Streets of Rage 4. Never played much of the originals (as a Nintendo only household) but still have nostalgia for that genre of game. The nostalgia has also gotten to my wife who remembers playing the originals so we've gotten a few co-op games in too.

This might be a good way of resolving conflict in marriages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You can unlock loads of the characters from the older games though having the
    kangaroo
    as the barman in the game is pure tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,087 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pandora's Tower. Bit annoying in parts but liking it well enough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I admit I've never been an especially good video game player...

...but Mario Galaxy 2 is bleedin hard, right? It's not just me, is it?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I admit I've never been an especially good video game player...

...but Mario Galaxy 2 is bleedin hard, right? It's not just me, is it?

Depends, are you on the main game or some hardener levels ? Do remember it getting tricky near the end of the main game. That or you are 10 years older. :)

Think I really didn't go much beyond the main game ... But there is a lot more content
    https://www.wired.com/2010/06/super-mario-galaxy-2-3/

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

At the point now where I'm ready to face Ganon in BOTW but starting to suffer from Zelda burnout. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got journey to the savage planet. It's great. Good sense of humour and plays pretty well. Nice Sunday game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Playing Deadly Premonition and desperately want to like it as a game. Don't mind the PS2 era graphics but it's the mechanics that is annoying me. Very poor navigation aids and triggering the side missions is very obtuse.

Might just plug on with the main missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Playing Deadly Premonition and desperately want to like it as a game. Don't mind the PS2 era graphics but it's the mechanics that is annoying me. Very poor navigation aids and triggering the side missions is very obtuse.

Might just plug on with the main missions.

How far are you into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't get past the first level on Rygar damn enemies come from all sides reminds me of the floating skulls that turn and chase you in Zelda II. NES games were brutally difficult

Advertisement