Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Picked up Doom 1 and 2 again on the Switch and something to bear in mind is that there are lots of additional free levels added, so be sure to check them out if you haven't played in a while.

Meanwhile, check this out on Oculus Quest: Doom 64 in VR ... kicks unholy ass!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/ihhx3i/this_is_doom_64_retribution_an_enhanced/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mrcheez wrote: »
    Picked up Doom 1 and 2 again on the Switch and something to bear in mind is that there are lots of additional free levels added, so be sure to check them out if you haven't played in a while.

Meanwhile, check this out on Oculus Quest: Doom 64 in VR ... kicks unholy ass!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/ihhx3i/this_is_doom_64_retribution_an_enhanced/

Sigil is available too, the lastest from Romero himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got Nintendont setup properly on the Wii U during the week. Played a bit of Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball and Timesplitters 2.

Rogue Leader still looks ridiculously impressive. Literally a HD upres of this could release on Switch and would fit in as a contemporary title.

Super Monkey Ball plays better with a Gamecube controller than anything else. That analog stick is so accurate.

What isn't quite as accurate as I remember is the C-stick. Really struggled to control Timesplitters after years of COD games.

Hoping to delve a bit more into my Gamecube catalogue over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Defo getting tucked into Timesplitters 2 at the weekend. Have the controls configed to COD style too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The Nal wrote: »
    Defo getting tucked into Timesplitters 2 at the weekend. Have the controls configed to COD style too

What changes do you make to get them like COD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What changes do you make to get them like COD?

I cant remember offhand, playing on Dolphin with an XBox pad, but fairly sure they're Goldeneye "Kissy" style controls.

Theyre customisable on the Gamecube too if I remember? Trial and error really. I seem to remember the zoom in function being a pain in the tits which prompted me to change it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    My favourite game in ages. I really love this and it will be in GOTY discussions at the end of the year (it's that good).

So it should be worth a purchase at under a tenner on the SA store? Will check it a few reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, check reviews to see if it's your kind of game.

FYI under €6 in Mother Russia. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Yep, check reviews to see if it's your kind of game.

FYI under €6 in Mother Russia. :)

Crazy price difference between regions on this one, 25 euro in Irish store. Thought the days of regional price differences like that were gone. Just noticed its on game pass so gonna give it a go on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I just finished Spiritfarer this evening. Cried my eyes out at the end credits. Such a good game. I’ll definitely play it again. Best game I’ve played in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I just finished Spiritfarer this evening. Cried my eyes out at the end credits. Such a good game. I’ll definitely play it again. Best game I’ve played in years.

Must give that a look, hukd had it on the SA store for £7.50 last week but not sure if that's still live.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Must give that a look, hukd had it on the SA store for £7.50 last week but not sure if that's still live.

Still seems to be aboot €8 in SA

https://eshop-prices.com/games/4405-spiritfarer?currency=EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Playing this war of mine. I'd played before on PC but picked it up again on Switch. They have added stories to it which really changes it up. Rather than just surviving I'm searching for my kidnapped daughter. Well worth another purchase.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I hit a wall with the campaign missions in Worms WMD where I'm having to look up strategies for how to win, at which point it's not really fun (despite having training missions it doesn't really have a system for nudging you in the right direction if you miss something). I got it on sale with the idea of wanting it as a multiplayer game so I think I'm just going to leave it at that.

I picked up Brawlout for under a fiver in the sale so am going to switch gears to quasi-Smash Bros mode. If I tire of that, I've got What the Golf? and Stikbold! both waiting for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's in GamePass on Console and PC if you have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Playing Spiritfarer at the moment. What a gorgeous little game it is. The animations are absolutely beautiful and the music is a joy to listen to. The gameplay itself is a fairly simple resource management set up, but the world is so enchanting I keep playing whenever I can.

The writing too has been surprisingly emotional. I just passed the part where
    I made popcorn for my Uncle and he talks about how his kids used to lay on him while watching movies, how its the thing he missed most since he died.

€6 in Mother eRussia well spent.

Yeah I'm still playing too. First 3 or 4 spirits done I think. Still a good bit to go! Such a long game but never boring.

Anyone else love Susan at the museum? :)

Havn't got that fair yet :D I am spending probably too much time fishing and growing crops and extending my boat.

Released my first spirit just there and god damn
    Gwen seemed like she moved on not because she was ready but because existence was just too hard. Sorry Gwen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very scary undertones if you only paid more attention

• Advertisement

What did I miss???

I need some follow up on this because
    I've just brought Alice through the door and I'm feeling pretty awful right now.

Susan is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just started into Bloodstained after it sat on my shelf for months. Bit cheesy but it definitely ticks the 2d metroidvania requirements for me.

I'd love if they released the GBA ones as a pack on switch.

Have a look through the Spiritfarer fandom wiki page.

https://spiritfarer.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters
    Alice
    broke my heart... that was a rough one.

I did
    Giovanni and Astrid
    back to back in the last few days.

Have a look through the Spiritfarer fandom wiki page.

https://spiritfarer.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters
    Alice
    broke my heart... that was a rough one.

I did
    Giovanni and Astrid
    back to back in the last few days.

Ok, now I see what was going on. Seem's so obvious now looking back on it. I
    just got Stanley
    yesterday morning and I'm already dreading it. On the positive side, my ship is both massive and cosy at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ori 2 is a beautiful game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 IlikeallCGAMES

i am playing gravity rider on switch, finisheed it in a day, now im trying to unlock all the upgrades, game only cost a euro on eshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Playing nexomon extinction at the moment on the switch it’s like the DS Pokemon games in HD,

Battling is hard, the nexomon trainers auto lv up like you, money is hard to get, crafting items is a thing, no exp share

If you won’t a hardcore copy of Pokemon aimed at adults I would say this is the game for you

Paid 20 euros for on the eshop and enjoying it as it’s proper hard Pokemon style game

However it has its faults but it’s better then the last Pokemon game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hades has totally sucked me in, an utterly brilliant combination of Diablo and Dead Souls with some great story hooks and characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone out there finish Mario Odyssey's Darker Side of the Moon? If so, at what point do my hands stop shaking?

That porcupine/domino laser section is the work of an evil genius. I actually couldn't take the tension of the trying to avoid setting of the domino laser so I just jumped around for my life. Pretty sure it's a textbook case of how not to do it. It's a bit bittersweet to be finally finishing off the post-game, mind.

Advertisement