Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Taking a break from Hyrule Warriors so decided to dig through my Wii game backlog, DKCR it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Just finished Bowser's Inside Story on my 3DS......fun game

Still playing Mario 3D World, Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 on my Wii U as well as Smash Bros and New Super Mario Bros 2 on my 3DS.

First world problems........too many games, too little time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

bkrangle wrote: »
    Just finished Bowser's Inside Story on my 3DS......fun game

I bought a secondhand copy of that a while back only to get home and find a copy of Partners in Time in the box instead.

Do you think BIS is worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Taking a break from Hyrule Warriors so decided to dig through my Wii game backlog, DKCR it is!

Did the same except went back to challenging some Liverpool fan on my friend list to a few online FIFA derbies. Still a great game of footie that...

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I bought a secondhand copy of that a while back only to get home and find a copy of Partners in Time in the box instead.

Do you think BIS is worth picking up?

If you like superstar saga and partners in time then you'd most likely enjoy it. Playing as Bowser is fun. I think superstar saga was my favourite of the 3 but that could be my memory playing tricks with me!

I still have to get around to playing dream team bros

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

bkrangle wrote: »
    If you like superstar saga and partners in time then you'd most likely enjoy it. Playing as Bowser is fun. I think superstar saga was my favourite of the 3 but that could be my memory playing tricks with me!

I still have to get around to playing dream team bros

im 8 hours in and loving it so far, hurry up :p

im 8 hours in and loving it so far, hurry up :p

It's part of a long queue waiting for my attention! Had to finish Bowser's Inside Story first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Started Ocarina of Time tonight for the first time in 6 months, beat the deku tree in 10 minutes hope to finish the game over the next couple of nights in training for Majoras Mask, I love The Legend of Zelda series, only Chrono Trigger soundtrack beats them for favorite theme music(Frog's theme).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fantasy Life is very morish and I very like the two animated cut scenes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tip: if your first class was a fighter, get the licenses for miner, lumberjack etc. ASAP. You'll be able to mine, chop wood etc. (even if you change back to your fighter class).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mr E wrote: »
    Tip: if your first class was a fighter, get the licenses for miner, lumberjack etc. ASAP. You'll be able to mine, chop wood etc. (even if you change back to your fighter class).

I went with tailor, haven't played it that much but miner or lumberjack were next in my choices, or maybe baker, we can bake yeah? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

only Chrono Trigger soundtrack beats them for favorite theme music(Frog's theme).

It amazes me just how utterly addictive that is. I can, legit, just listen to it back-to-back for yonks and not even come close to tiring of it. It's always just bound up in that moment where it lulls in and then Frog strolls on screen, casual as casual can, slashing a mountain like it's a scallion-head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm about fifteen hours into Ocarina of Time. Wonderful game, brilliant world but what really stands out is just how amazing the soundtrack is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm about fifteen hours into Ocarina of Time. Wonderful game, brilliant world but what really stands out is just how amazing the soundtrack is.

If you haven't played majoras mask yet, the music is even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you haven't played majoras mask yet, the music is even better.

You can argue that there is much about Majoras Mask that is better, but the music is definitely not one of them. Good yes, but better than OOT, no way. OOT had some of the greatest songs ever - Gerudo valley, Bolero of fire, Saria's song, the Lost Woods, Song of Storms... Every song you learn on the Ocarina in that game is just beautiful and catchy. I couldn't say the same for MM.

I'm not saying that the music in MM is bad - every Zelda has great music (As a kid, I never ever saved after opening the egg in Link's Awakening because I loved the Ballad of the Windfish SO MUCH. Oh the days before youtube)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I respectfully disagree :p

Mmm this is my jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

New Kirby game, it's tremendous fun imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

COYVB wrote: »
    New Kirby game, it's tremendous fun imo

Triple Deluxe?
    Outstanding
    Along with Tearaway two of the best handheld games ever.

Playing Fantasy Life.

At first I was skeptical, now I can't put it down. I've actually played more of it than Majoras Mask despite getting them at the same time and I've only had a go at 6 lives (and hardly any Flutter quests)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What's the general consensus regarding Animal Crossing vs Fantasy Life?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Triple Deluxe?
    Outstanding
    Along with Tearaway two of the best handheld elgames ever.

Nope, rainbow curse

Fantasy Life is like Animal Crossing in that you can collect things and talk to your neighbours, go fishing and cut down trees. Fantasy Life is not like Animal Crossing in that it has a story, archery, combat, you don't have to play one day at a time.

Fantasy Life is like a game with a reason to it. Animal Crossing is like a giant tamagotchi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Yep, I like Animal Crossing but it feels shallow and empty to me compared to Fantasy Life. They have some superficial elements in common but there is a lot more to see and do in Fantasy Life.

I spent last night shopping and sewing to become an expert tailor, so addictive. I'm a master hunter and paladin now too but have dabbled in all the lifes at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nope, rainbow curse

Did you get it as a digital download or B&M ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nearly finished Shantae and the Pirates Curse. Expensive enough at 16 quid or so but I really enjoyed it. On the last section now, which is a big ramp up in difficulty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, rainbow curse

Bugger, I can't wait for that.
    There's quite a delay between the North American release and its debut here in Europe.
    Must play canvas curse to prepare!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did you get it as a digital download or B&M ?

DD review code

I personally fail to see the attraction with either, but I'm not the demographic

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really? I don't think either has a demographic to be honest. People of both genders and of all ages seem to be playing and enjoying both.

• Advertisement

Boys, Girls, Men and Women all seem to enjoy playing that series of titles.
    Not my cup of tea though, they just feel like a glorified Tamagotchi to me!

Advertisement