Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The Nal wrote: »
    Horace done. Absolutely loved it. 18 hours of pure fun. For €1.49!

Good interview with the maker here

Being There. Of course.

I've taken a temporary break from Horace after getting really frustrated in the jungle level. Will definitely go back to it though.

Moved on to Guacamelee 2 which I bought before Christmas but hadn't started. Flying through that game and finding it hard to put down! Played the first one in November and this is a quality sequel. Already hoping to see a 3rd edition announced in a Nindie Direct....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I've taken a temporary break from Horace after getting really frustrated in the jungle level. Will definitely go back to it though.

What Chapter is that? Cant remember which one.

Theres are a couple of very difficult chapters around 12, 13, 14 I think.

Stick with it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

mrcheez wrote: »
    I usually quantify my purchases based on €1 spent should give me 1 day of enjoyment.

So if I spend €5 and get 5 days of enjoyment (not necessarily all at once) that's money well spent and I've no worries about not playing it further.

Not necessarily a full day either.. just a couple of hours per day would be regarded as a "day"

EDIT: Actually I guess you could look at it as each €1 should give 1 hour of enjoyment if you assume 1 hour is played in a day.

The €1 for 1 hour is my justification as well. But once you get up to the larger price of games it is harder to keep this up. Zelda cost me €60 and I have played over 100 hours. Ghost Of Tsusima cost €50, I am about 20 hours in and feel like it was money well spent.

€1 for 1 hour works well with indies and mobile game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

nedd wrote: »
    The €1 for 1 hour is my justification as well. But once you get up to the larger price of games it is harder to keep this up. Zelda cost me €60 and I have played over 100 hours. Ghost Of Tsusima cost €50, I am about 20 hours in and feel like it was money well spent.

€1 for 1 hour works well with indies and mobile game.

Ah yeah there will always be exceptions where you might look at each hour as being €2-3 worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Nal wrote: »
    What Chapter is that? Cant remember which one.

Theres are a couple of very difficult chapters around 12, 13, 14 I think.

Stick with it though!

I remember the jungle one. 9 or 10 maybe? You had to get 4 rocks to fill a pit.
    I'm about 14 I think. Must get back to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Mr E wrote: »

Yes, that's the one. The venus flytrap plants made me quit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yes, that's the one. The venus flytrap plants made me quit!

For some reason I found that one easy enough. The swimming levels are the ones I spent ages on. I ****ing hate swimming in games. Think its an Ocarina of Time Water Temple thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm on Chapter 5. I have a long way to go. But it's fun. I dip in and out every few days. It's very quirky.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I think I'm near the end - although I had thought I was nearly near the end around chapters 8 and 14 and somehow the story continues on.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the game. It is very funny and I love the platforming. Controls sometimes were a bit annoying and frustrating and I "died" too many times that I won't post here. The most difficult ones I found were the
    water ones later in the game as when he'd jump out of the water, he'd often make a huge dive down after and hit an obstruction.
    . Also some of the bosses are really tough.

But yeah, it's a very enjoyable game- minigames included are great too! As well as the soundtrack.

Couple of recent budget finds.

A great little game called Super Skelemania.
    It's a metroidvania.
    Short enough (2-3 hours) but a perfect length for the €1.49 it costs (on sale now, cheaper in some international stores)

Second is the Timothy and the Mysterious Forest. Spot the influence. Tricky enough too.
    Despite the appearance, it's not a Zelda clone - plays quite a bit differently (more stealth than action, no weapons, one hit kill)
    On sale for €4.99 (cheaper internationally)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Playing Dicey's Dungeons and liking it a lot. I never play these types of games but finding it great to have a quick run and see how the dice rolls *badum-tish*. Bought it on Steam as well afterwards and it's the only game I've downloaded to my laptop, finding it ideal for that also.

It's great that Terry Cavanagh is Irish imo :o, he seems to be fairly peerless with the old game-making. 3 major releases, 3 '10 out of 10's from Destructoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Trying to start Sakuna of Rice and Ruin absolutely insane intro looks like its gonna be a fun game

Almost finished Hue... really enjoying this one, it's so zen. Some puzzles are tricky but then you're kicking yourself at how obvious the solution is. Great chilled out ambient piano work too..
    Perfect way to unwind on a horrible rainy Saturday :)

Best 24 cent I've spent on my Switch so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

mrcheez wrote: »
    Almost finished Hue... really enjoying this one, it's so zen. Some puzzles are tricky but then you're kicking yourself at how obvious the solution is. Great chilled out ambient piano work too..
    Perfect way to unwind on a horrible rainy Saturday :)

Best 24 cent I've spent on my Switch so far

Where did you get this for 24c? It’s 9.99 on Irish store & 8.70 in south africa

It was on sale over Christmas.

It was on sale over Christmas.

yeah was 90 or 95% off afair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone playing Assassins Creed 3 on Switch? Just about finished Valhalla, so fancy a bit more on the go and I've not played 3 or Rogue.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Anyone playing Assassins Creed 3 on Switch? Just about finished Valhalla, so fancy a bit more on the go and I've not played 3 or Rogue.

both those games are ranked very much towards the bottom of the AC games.

rogue is supposed to be a bit better than 3 (especially if you like AC4)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's aged a bit better than I recall, but it's definitely one of the worse ones. If you like American History, it's worth a look, but otherwise, Rogue might be a better game. I personally couldn't get into the older mechanics after playing the newer games though.

Anyone play Cat Quest 1 and 2 thinking about picking up the double pack looks bizarre enough to keep me happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I always felt that the ideas they had for 3 were improved in 4 so going backwards could be difficult. The history aspects are interesting though, lots of names and places I've heard mentioned in films and books brought to life.

I didn't finish it though, I stopped caring enough to keep playing about 10 hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Anyone play Cat Quest 1 and 2 thinking about picking up the double pack looks bizarre enough to keep me happy

First one is good, funny enough to paper over the limited gameplay. Second one doesn't hit the same mark to my mind, and seemed much shorter.
    Worth picking up if the price is good.

€18 from argos for the 2 games think I'll grab it on Wednesday if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Saw AC3 & Liberation pack is €21.99 in Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Playing Link's Awakening. I die, a lot! Mostly from misjudging jumps and or falling into holes. Enjoying it all the same, never really played the original bitd so it's all pretty fresh for me.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

So Dead Cells is awesome. Played loads of it over the weekend and a pile more yesterday beating the first boss and making it to the Clock Tower.

I like that the permanent upgrades are healthy bumps towards progress rather than games like Enter The Gungeon (that I love as well) where the progress is almost zero even if you get pretty far before dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

I am playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Bit of a button basher but enjoyable.

I'm not that invested in the story for some reason, skipping most of the cut scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

nedd wrote: »
    I am playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Bit of a button basher but enjoyable.

I'm not that invested in the story for some reason, skipping most of the cut scenes.

I was the exact opposite. The gameplay is decent but I'm loving the cutscenes. The main reason I'm playing the game is for the story cutscenes.

Tried the Dead Cells demo. Wasn't for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Have been playing Ni No Kuni for the past few weeks and am about 10hrs in (I don't get much time to game anymore :()

Was loving it until I have hit a boss called Al-Khemi. From googling it seems a lot of people have found it difficult. The easiest solution is to just grind and the thought of doing that makes me realise why I don't typically like JRPGs.

I might take a break from it and go back later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Just started Immortals Fenix Rising. Seems a bit like BOTW for dummies, with a lot of hand holding, but I'm enjoying it. Any BOTW is good BOTW as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again to super_furry for pointing out the good deal for the physical copy on Argos, made the decision easy.

Advertisement