Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Xofpod wrote: »
    Just started Immortals Fenix Rising. Seems a bit like BOTW for dummies, with a lot of hand holding, but I'm enjoying it. Any BOTW is good BOTW as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again to super_furry for pointing out the good deal for the physical copy on Argos, made the decision easy.
    There's a demo available in the eshop too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Xofpod wrote: »
    Just started Immortals Fenix Rising. Seems a bit like BOTW for dummies, with a lot of hand holding, but I'm enjoying it. Any BOTW is good BOTW as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again to super_furry for pointing out the good deal for the physical copy on Argos, made the decision easy.

It gets a little less hand holdy, but compared to BotW, which basically dropped you in the game with next to no tutorials, it's a bit overbearing. The game is a lot of fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Have been playing Ni No Kuni for the past few weeks and am about 10hrs in (I don't get much time to game anymore :()

Was loving it until I have hit a boss called Al-Khemi. From googling it seems a lot of people have found it difficult. The easiest solution is to just grind and the thought of doing that makes me realise why I don't typically like JRPGs.

I might take a break from it and go back later.

I found him to be a pain in the ass as well, my solution ended up being running away from him while he chased me and my team-mates hammered away at him. Occasionally casting a quick spell behind me or switching out my Familiar and then continuing running. Didn't take as long as I'd feared.

Honestly, I loved the style, music, and even the story, but the combat just irritated me, so I've not played since I got to that Pig city.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Finished Hue's last mind-benders this morning before getting out of bed (another advantage of the Switch vs other consoles in that you can play it wherever you get a chance)

Great game... 2nd game to complete on the Switch (1st was Link's Awakening) .. only another 30 Switch games left to tackle but I might need to chip away at some of my backlog on other platforms first :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Finished Captain Toad with the other-half there tonight. No matter what the box says, exactly none of that game was designed with multiplayer in mind. Clever little game but, sheesh, it gets chaotic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have been playing Ni No Kuni for the past few weeks and am about 10hrs in (I don't get much time to game anymore :()

Was loving it until I have hit a boss called Al-Khemi. From googling it seems a lot of people have found it difficult. The easiest solution is to just grind and the thought of doing that makes me realise why I don't typically like JRPGs.

I might take a break from it and go back later.

My advice, drop the game. It's a really awful generic RPG that only has the visuals and music that stand out. The story and gameplay are awful and you'll spend ages grinding to try and get over difficulty spikes.

It's massively overrated because of Ghibli's involvement but they only did the art. They story is typical Level 5 garbage from Akihiko Hino.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I finally gave in and got an NSO sub, largely as an excuse to catch up with friends over games (with a side benefit of cloud saves for me). As a longstanding emulator fiend I expected the NES & SNES libraries to be of little interest (with the possible exception of Star Fox 2 and the special-mode "jump to the end with all the powerups" type bits), but discovered to my delight that the Japanese version of Tetris Attack is available and supports online 2-player. Between that and Super Picross I can see myself actually playing the SNES emulator a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Just finished on the Switch: Link's Awakening, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory. Pokemon Shield

Looking to play on the:
    2DS - Persona Q
    Switch - Xenoblade Chronicles,Zelda BotW and soon to be released Persona 5 Strikers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I cant remember the last time I finished a big game. Feels like I'm stuck in a loop of buy game, play until I get stuck, get distracted by multiplayer game, get a new big game. I'm so close to the end of Hyrule Warriors AoC but came up against a tough battle near the end. That was a month ago. Need to get back to it.

• Advertisement

I cant remember the last time I finished a big game. Feels like I'm stuck in a loop of buy game, play until I get stuck, get distracted by multiplayer game, get a new big game. I'm so close to the end of Hyrule Warriors AoC but came up against a tough battle near the end. That was a month ago. Need to get back to it.

Lnz2eML.png

Just stick with it and try to avoid distractions... feels good to complete it, but then again if you feel you got your money's worth out of it I'd consider that "completed" too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

mrcheez wrote: »
    Lnz2eML.png

Just stick with it and try to avoid distractions... feels good to complete it, but then again if you feel you got your money's worth out of it I'd consider that "completed" too

(a) this game is so good I don't want it to end.
    (b) somebody said this game was good, it's ****.
    (c) this game reminds me of that (b) game I played before
    (d) this is like that (c) game I played before, in 4K
    (e) i bought a new console to play this game, it's ****

The secret is finding those (a) games :)

YoshiSays wrote: »
    (a) this game is so good I don't want it to end.
    (b) somebody said this game was good, it's ****.
    (c) this game reminds me of that (b) game I played before
    (d) this is like that (c) game I played before, in 4K
    (e) i bought a new console to play this game, it's ****

The secret is finding those (a) games :)

As much as I love those (a) games, I also hate them... keeping me from tackling my backlog :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Picked up a Switch just before XMas, felt hard moving on from the under utilised WiiU but such is life.
    Started off with Link's Awakening which was good family fun, Steam Dig 2 surprised me but I finished it quite quickly.

Currently 107hrs into Hollow Knight, at 107% and the game is immense, I have just Soul Tyrant left and Trial of the Fool then final battle.
    Had to pause my efforts in the Colosseum as my generic controller was failing me too often at intense times of battle so plugged for an official Switch Pro controller which is winging it's way to me as I type.

Can't wait until Silksong but from reviews it looks like the two Ori Games up next for me

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Really enjoying Slay the Spire again now. Getting some decent builds going but haven't finished it yet. Might be my favourite rogue lite

Playing Super Mario 3d land on a 2ds XL to take the edge off 3d world cold turkey.

Rushed through this years ago. Getting all the star coins makes it more fun and challenging. It's really good, only that some parts are awkward without proper steroscopic 3d. But, what a great game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My advice, drop the game. It's a really awful generic RPG that only has the visuals and music that stand out. The story and gameplay are awful and you'll spend ages grinding to try and get over difficulty spikes.

It's massively overrated because of Ghibli's involvement but they only did the art. They story is typical Level 5 garbage from Akihiko Hino.

Agreed 100%. Got about 10 hours in and just couldn’t be bothered any more. A shame as it really was gorgeous and I was somewhat enjoying the concept they were going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Picked up Black Flag/Rebel Collection on the sale. Runs very well I have to say. Enjoying being back on the sea with my crew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone find lockdown is affecting their game choice?

I have bought loads cheaply (too much) id have happily played on a commute, but now with less time to play im a bit more picky.

Have Saints Row IV, Tales of Vesperia and Bioshock all of which the controls seem a bit off (wanted to see what my next game was so tried an hour of each). Not sure I want to continue with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

Playing sm3dw, resident evil 4 and super punch out.
    First time to play 3dw and enjoying it. I’m not a huge mario fan but every now and then get sucked into a phase of playing it. It’s keeping me interested at the moment trying to get 3 stars on the early levels. No doubt that will go out the window when it becomes. More difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Still playing Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening and the Eagle's Tower dungeon is incredibly tedious, and to top it off, the boss is no fun because he's ridiculously easy.

Gonna give Golf Story a crack when I've finished.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just started the new mario 3d World. I'm going for 100%

Still playing Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening and the Eagle's Tower dungeon is incredibly tedious, and to top it off, the boss is no fun because he's ridiculously easy.

Gonna give Golf Story a crack when I've finished.

Oh God, that Zelda is terrible. Maybe 30 years ago on a Gameboy but full price now is a crime.

Having a lot more fun today with some bargains on Switch.

Gunman Clive HD. Couple of quid in a sale. Brilliant.

Ghosts n goblins, free at the moment, rock hard .

Toki was a couple of quid recently. Plays very well, but I wish it had the original sprite art, not the yucky modern look.

2.50 for Gunman Clive collection hd at the mo.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Been playing Mario Origami and I'm bored off my face. It's just so... dull?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I liked it, to a point.
    Which was the point I just got annoyed with it.
    For me, it was the battle system, just annoyed me, I didn't enjoy the puzzle nature of it.
    Just give me real time battles, and we'll say no more about it.
    Certainly, if I didn't have to rotate and move segments of a wheel around to line up attacks I would have had a much better time, before I moved on to something else.
    And the Ninja Attraction level just went on forever and wasn't interesting enough to hold my attention.
    I'm happy enough to say maybe it was my fault and I just didn't get it, but it meant I have never gone back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just starting Majoras Mask

The Nal wrote: »
    Just starting Majoras Mask

What platform ?

Replaying Super Mario 3D land on 2DS XL. Great game. Picking up all the star coins this time. Also, the grip I got recently is definitely making the device more comfortable to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

YoshiSays wrote: »
    What platform ?

N64. Well, a rom

• Registered Users Posts: 12 august2016

Just starting into Skyrim tonight. Never played it before but have heard good things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Danny_DeVito

august2016 wrote: »
    Just starting into Skyrim tonight. Never played it before but have heard good things about it.

I’m tempted to pick this up if I can find a physical copy! I played it when it first came out on a super old TV, couldn’t read the writing that came up on the screen, when I got to the first dragon I had no idea what to do, got super frustrated, eventually put it down and never picked it up again xD

Playing the Link’s Awakening remaster at the moment, took a few hours to get into it but now I’m loving it!

Advertisement