Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Star Lord wrote: »
    Really? I don't think either has a demographic to be honest. People of both genders and of all ages seem to be playing and enjoying both.

Totally agree. These are my 5 thanks from the post comparing the two
    (5) thanks from:
    Andrew76, elekid, Mr E, Pac1Man, Star Lord

4 men. For two games that are itsy-bitsy-cutesy-wootsey. Definitely no demographic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

40 year old man here. I put about 80 hours into Animal Crossing when it came out. I got Fantasy Life and it's a better game in every way. About 20 hours since I got it a week or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gubbie wrote: »
    Totally agree. These are my 5 thanks from the post comparing the two
    (5) thanks from:
    Andrew76, elekid, Mr E, Pac1Man, Star Lord

4 men. For two games that are itsy-bitsy-cutesy-wootsey. Definitely no demographic :)

Pretty sure that's 5 men! And I'm in my mid 30s...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

And so it came to pass, the wish list grew beyond reasonable logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Pretty sure that's 5 men! And I'm in my mid 30s...

Yep, male, early 30s, 50 hours into Fantasy Life and loving it. Not sure what this thread means for the demographic!

I kind of want to know who wasn't being counted there :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Really? I don't think either has a demographic to be honest. People of both genders and of all ages seem to be playing and enjoying both.

30-something blokes that hate life sims are most definitely not the demographic :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm 21, 6'5" and a full head of hair....
    In my head

Unfortunately others see me as I am, 43, 6'2" and the hair has started it's migration from the crown to the ears and nostrils :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

elekid wrote: »
    Yep, male, early 30s, 50 hours into Fantasy Life and loving it. Not sure what this thread means for the demographic!

I kind of want to know who wasn't being counted there :p

Sorry! I was trying to not make assumptions with your name but I just realised that be just saying "4 men" I was implying you were not. Oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

gubbie wrote: »
    Sorry! I was trying to not make assumptions with your name but I just realised that be just saying "4 men" I was implying you were not. Oops!

Heh, it's understandable. I just haven't evolved to Electabuzz yet ;)

I would say Fantasy Life is more of an RPG than a life sim and the "Lifes" are really gathering/crafting/combat job classes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We have retrogamers in their 20's, men in their 30's who play relationship sims and those who still are trying to catch'em all despite pushing 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Late 30s myself, are we all trying to recapture our childhood? Genuinely surprised with the age spread.

Never a fan of the sims though, and never played a Pokemon game.

COYVB wrote: »
    30-something blokes that hate life sims are most definitely not the demographic :P

I enjoy Animal Crossing (till I've everything paid off / upgraded, then it gets boring fast) but I couldn't stand most 'life' sims like... erm... the sims...

Tom Nook is a git

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jumping between Etrian Odyssey IV and Mario Golf at the moment. They work in perfect harmony with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I'll be 40 in June so much like a few of the oldies here, I'm a Nintendo Peter Pan. :D

Haven't played Nintendo since last weekend as I'm trying to teach my 5 year old how to use a keyboard and mouse (he's been spoiled with touch screens up to now).
    Minecraft certainly helps with that I can tells us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably dropping back into Hyrule Warriors later today since the last DLC is meant to be out (we get it the same day as Japan). Playing as Ganon looks so much fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've been playing Majoras Mask (for the first time!) and I'm really enjoying it. About half way through the game with two dungeons cleared and about 10 masks. I'll also dipping in and out of Smash Bros. 3DS and Theatrhythm. Both excellent time sinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Yeah I've put over 70 hours into Theatrhythm between the two games. Brilliant for flights.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Probably dropping back into Hyrule Warriors later today since the last DLC is meant to be out (we get it the same day as Japan). Playing as Ganon looks so much fun :D

Just had a look at the community and Europe has it this morning....have to grab a bottle on the way home for this tonight so....

Played two hours of Chrono Trigger on the Super Nintendo this morning, very very enjoyable stuff.
    I think it's out on VC, so why don't you own it already?
    Also available for the DS too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got pretty far in that a few years ago, but got to a point where a boss kept kicking my ass so I just kind of left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Still playing super Mario Galaxy 2 since the virtual console release. I've about 30 stars left to get to 120 and there's no way in hell I'm going after the green stars.
    I'm trying to stick to one game to completion but I'm not sure it's the right thing to do anymore. I've loads of games waiting to be played and it's tough going.

smokingman wrote: »
    I'll be 40 in June so much like a few of the oldies here, I'm a Nintendo Peter Pan. :D

majorasmaskbad--article_image.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
    I'm the same age as Tingle...
    :o

Ah Tingle, the creepy Old Man in the Cinema of the Nintendo 'verse

majorasmaskbad--article_image.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
    I'm the same age as Tingle...
    :o

34 as far as I remember yeah?
    I've often wondered if that would be a good Halloween costume....would fit right in with the cross dressing halloween parties I used to go to :D

Close, 35!
    Think you might have the wrong forum for your cross-dressing parties though... We don't discriminate, but it's more PG round here...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got back into playing Animal Crossing a couple of nights ago when the grind of Persona Q got me down. Now instead I'm spending the wee hours of the morning catching giant beetles to pay off my mortgage. (38 BTW, and back when it came out my then-4 year old shared my town with me. She lost interest a lot quicker than I did :)) I really don't need another Fantasy Life... damn you, Nintendo thread...

Close, 35!
    Think you might have the wrong forum for your cross-dressing parties though... We don't discriminate, but it's more PG round here...

Ah it wasn't that kind of party I swear ;)
    All started when one friend (male) turned up at our Halloween fancy dress as Lara Croft and became a tradition after that. Princess Leia, Maggie Thatcher, the English Queen...fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As if I needed further reason to play HW again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What's this thread turned into? Some kinda Fantasy Life anonymous. Hi,I'm owaynott. I'm 31 and I've spent 5 hours as a tailor in fantasy life killing carrots and looking for cabbages. And I'm dressed as a highlander.

Advertisement