Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh ha and Hyrule warriors with a wiimote and a nunchuck is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Playing Kirby's Epic Yarn. I almost feel sorry for beating some of the enemies because of how adorable they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

Ace Attorney Trilogy! I'm half way throught Trials and Tribulations c: Thinking of picking up Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies when summer comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Started Lego Star Wars 3 tonight, have never seen any of the films, the games are fun though, next on my list is Lego Batman 3. I'm 32 btw. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Started playing Fantasy Life yesterday, sticking with a Paladin for now. Charming little game, addictive too. Have a pet dog who is useless in battle but looks cool, also looking forward to being able to buy a horse rather than just rent it. :)

Also started MHU4 tonight, didn't get far before the battery died in the Circle Pad Pro unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Started Lego Star Wars 3 tonight, have never seen any of the films, the games are fun though, next on my list is Lego Batman 3. I'm 32 btw. ;)

Hang your head!

I loved Batman 2 - really funny

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure you have, but did you play Lego City Undercover on the Wii U?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Playing Zelda Ocarina of time on 3ds. A-ma-zing! Halfway through the forest temple and then planning to go back and complete ALTTP and ALBW both of which I got stuck in and never finished over the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Finished Kirby's Epic Yarn. What a lovely game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Still stuck on Mario Galaxy 2 I'm 43 hour in and ive 110 stars and once I get 120 I'm moving onto something easy like one of those demon soul games to get a break then I'll go back for the greeny's.
    Seriously thought is it just me or should these not be rated as the most difficult games ever. I've played my fair share of games but this is so freckin hard. I've used like 30 or 40 lives on one level many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Decided to give Mario 3D a break. I'm on the last world but that last Rainbow level is a bastard. Anyway since Amazon lost my WindWaker order I have decided to play Skyward Sword for the first time. I know it gets a mixed reaction from Zelda fans and to be honest I didn't really like the start to it. But once you get to Faron Woods it just feels right. I really hate the controls though and feel like a tool waving the nunchuck & remote around. I've also played a bit of Twilight Princess and it looks a lot more uglier than SS on a HD TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

iamtony wrote: »
    Still stuck on Mario Galaxy 2 I'm 43 hour in and ive 110 stars and once I get 120 I'm moving onto something easy like one of those demon soul games to get a break then I'll go back for the greeny's.
    Seriously thought is it just me or should these not be rated as the most difficult games ever. I've played my fair share of games but this is so freckin hard. I've used like 30 or 40 lives on one level many times.

Wait for Grandmaster Galaxy.....or if you really want difficulty Champions Road on 3d World.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

After months of chipping away at Bayonetta without reaching the end, I've caved and given Bayonetta 2 a run out. It's bananas, it's cheesy, it's often deplorable but christ it's fun. It's the gaming equivalent of dating Courtney Love. I can't say I'm proud of it but I'm never bored. Much fairer than 1. The scale of some of the set-pieces is wonderful. That first meeting with the
    Lumen Sage
    feels truly epic, with shades of Star Wars creeping in. That said, I'm learning to hate the sarcastic Stone award speech and how that shadow remains cast....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I've been playing Bayonetta 1, I'm on the final level now. I've been playing on Easy though, because I'm not so good at this kind of game and wanted to get used to it first (so don't judge me!). I plan to start again straight away on Normal and see how I get on.

It's a great game, lots of similarities to The Wonderful 101 which I also really enjoyed. Some of the bosses and set pieces are amazing. I got the double pack so I'm looking forward to the sequel if its meant to be even better.

The story scenes are insane but I am mostly enjoying them, I like the games sense of humor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The great things about Bayonetta games is they have tons to offer at any difficulty, and it is spectacular gaming, if not The Most Spectular Gaming!
    Thing to remember to do is climb back into the games after completion and bump up the difficulty and use the techniques you've already learned as a foundation, it is the perfect 3rd person brawler, the PS4/XB1 wish with all their might to have any Bayonetta 2 on their console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The great things about Bayonetta games is they have tons to offer at any difficulty, and it is spectacular gaming, if not The Most Spectular Gaming!
    Thing to remember to do is climb back into the games after completion and bump up the difficulty and use the techniques you've already learned as a foundation, it is the perfect 3rd person brawler, the PS4/XB1 wish with all their might to have any Bayonetta 2 on their console.

Yeah it's already a very different game on Normal, it seems a lot more important to activate Witch Time if you want to survive. After only a couple of levels I'm starting to see what Banjo means about that shadow remaining cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I decided to go for NES Remix ahead of Monster Hunter 4. I played the demo for MH4 a few times and I just couldn't see myself enjoying it. NES Remix is a lot of fun so far in small doses. I'm reliving all the Zelda games too. Finish Majoras, and going through Ocarina and Link Between Worlds also. Once they're done, it's time to revisit the GBC games and the NES ones. I wish they would release the GBA version of the Minish Game to the general public, and either the SNES or GBA version of A Link to the Past.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

Bayonetta 2 is literally one of the best games I've played all last year.
    I finished it multiple times, on multiple difficulties, grinded halos, and tried to get as many of the weapons/costumes as I could. it is so good.

One Item I really needed you've to get gold in every chapter on Normal or higher. Not gonna lie, it was one of the trickiest things I've done in a while, but you get the hang of it.
    I've only one word for how to do it. Chainsaw Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Had a bit of credit, picked up Ollie Ollie on the 3DS
    Couple of points :
    It's slightly discounted on both WiiU and 3DS right now, about €1.50 off.
    If you view it on the 3DS eShop it says "If you buy on WiiU you get it for free on 3DS" and if you view it on your WiiU eShop it says "If you buy on 3DS you get it for free on WiiU".
    This will probably lead you to doing what I did - open the eshop on one platform, think "****, I better buy it on the other platform" and fire up the eshop on that, see the contrary message and eventually plump for one or the other.
    Don't.
    If you purchase on either platform, the next time you fire up the eShop on the other platform the game is discounted to €0.00. This only happens as a result of your NNID sign-in, so you don't want to have the eShop open on both consoles before you purchase.
    I know, it's not exactly the Gordian Knot, but just in case it saves someone 3 minutes when they're buying

Anyway, the game is worth this tiny hassle. It's so frustrating. The controls are horrible. The graphics are at best rudimentary. The courses are unforgiving on an Eastwoodian scale. I was glued to it for hours last night. It is proper old-school, requiring short bursts of intense focus and control to push through even the first level (well, assuming you want that star for no sloppy landings). It's bursting with one...more....level appeal. That said, unless you've played it before, swallow your pride and play the tutorial. It seems slightly less unfair when you understand what the hell is going on. Slightly :D

I've only played on 3DS but I think I'll be sticking with Bayonetta on the WiiU for now. There's something special about never knowing when the next "basic instinct"-leg-flick-on-the-snout-of-a-hair-demon-eating-an-angel's-head is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My wife and I have started playing Rayman Legends on the Wii U, good craic so far.

I played a level or two of Pikmin 3 about four or five months ago, thought it was fun but haven't gone back to it - guess I should play through and then pass it on to someone else on Adverts to share the gaming goodness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Finished Skyward Sword at last!

Woooo!! YEEEEAAAH!

Aw, what do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Woooo!! YEEEEAAAH!

Aw, what do I do now?

Video-Games-meme-that-moment-when-you-finish-a-game-and-just-dont-know-what-to-do-with-yourself.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Woooo!! YEEEEAAAH!

Aw, what do I do now?

Did you collect everything? EVERYthing!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

chrislad wrote: »
    Did you collect everything? EVERYthing!

Nearly. I think. Still need about 7 heart pieces, and there is one gap still on one of the menus...

Oh, jesus, just thought of something very important I need to do.

I didn't save after the end, i was hoping I'd get a chance to do these bits.

For what it's worth this game gets 10/10 from me. I just loved it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You should take a break and play Okami on the PS2.
    Its also available on the Wii and PS3.
    It is a beautiful game too, if the idiosyncratic visuals of Wind Waker made you fall out of love with the HD ultra processed lens flare modern stuff Okami's painted vistas should be right up your street.
    There's a sequel too on the DS, Okamiden.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You should take a break and play Okami on the PS2.
    Its also available on the Wii and PS3.
    It is a beautiful game too, if the idiosyncratic visuals of Wind Waker made you fall out of love with the HD ultra processed lens flare modern stuff Okami's painted vistas should be right up your street.
    There's a sequel too on the DS, Okamiden.

From what I remember the Wii controls actually enhanced the game, preferred it over the PS2 version anyway. Super game.

Sticking with MH4U for the next while, have spotted some nice gear I'd like so going to try get the remaining materials for that. It reminds me alot of the addictive effect WoW had on me years ago with wanting better gear. Tis great. :)

And I've actually grown to really like the Circle Pad Pro, still looks naff esp. with a Yoshi 3DS plugged in, but it makes the XL feel much more comfortable in the hands. Perfect size for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The CPP is a fairly comfortable grip alright! Did you get the XL version?

Star Lord wrote: »
    The CPP is a fairly comfortable grip alright! Did you get the XL version?

Yep. I have the Yoshi 3DS XL so seemed like the correct one to get. :pac:

Embarassingly enough I had no idea how the CPP worked so thought I got a duff one when it wasn't working. A quick Google told me there was a battery compartment, just needed a new battery thank feck. Box came with no instructions was my excuse. :o

No idea why Nintendo didn't build a second thumbstick into the XL in the first place, just place it above or below the four face buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tengami on the Wii U is a lovely game... half price at €3.99 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mr E wrote:
    Tengami on the Wii U is a lovely game... half price at €3.99 at the moment.

that'll do, cheers

Advertisement