Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm about 6 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. It's really good so far, and a challenge. Thankfully, being wiped out doesn't go back to your last save!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Currently playing smash bros, Mario 3d, Mario u and Mario kart. My next purchases will be donkey Kong and Zelda games

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Alternating between Boxboy and Fantasy Life on the 3ds at the minute!

Star Lord wrote: »
    decided against buying new 3ds as son has a 2ds think ill build a game catalogue and buy a 3ds xl nearer christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

35 hours into MH4U, my first MH game and loving it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Star Lord wrote: »

Snap. Boxboy gets hard too (especially if you're going for the crowns).

I'm also about an hour into Affordable Space Adventures and I'm working through Windwaker HD...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    Snap. Boxboy gets hard too (especially if you're going for the crowns).

Is surprisingly good!

monster hunter 4??? i thought the game was called mh3 btw im not a monster hunter fan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

monster hunter 4??? i thought the game was called mh3 btw im not a monster hunter fan lol

There is two now. 20 lashings for your sins.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    There is two now. 20 lashings for your sins.
    might buy the second one for a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

might buy the second one for a look

Do. It does everything 3 did well better, and fixes a lot of the problems (quicker path to decent hunts, online without a ridiculous hw setup, kind of a plot, etc) and has some cool new features, like an infinite levelable mission generator of sorts in a randomized environment, street passing to share your favourite henchman and mission. It great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I tried the demo and didn't like it, but I keep hearing good things. Once I finish Xenoblade, I may go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mario Kart Wii. In anticipation of next weeks DLC.

I'm trying to love it, but it's just nowhere near as much fun as MK8.

Win most races...lose some...meh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, it's only a week away!
    Gotta get some practice in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

You don't realise just how sharp and polished and beautiful looking Mario Kart 8 is until you go back and play the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Playing pokemon x . First one sense the old game boy. Really enjoying it so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

People say Nintendo are the Disney of the game industry but there's certainly nothing childish about the New Super Mario Bros series - I nearly broke the TV just now flinging a controller around. You'd want the patience of a saint to get through these ****king levels....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

PedroBear wrote: »
    People say Nintendo are the Disney of the game industry but there's certainly nothing childish about the New Super Mario Bros series - I nearly broke the TV just now flinging a controller around. You'd want the patience of a saint to get through these ****king levels....

Well, there's been a number of games in the series, you have to be more specific,
    NSMB on the DS
    NSMB2 on the 3DS
    NSMBWii on the Wii
    NSMBU on the WiiU
    LuigiU on the WiiU as well?
    The WiiU games as tough as hell, while the 3DS game is a big coin rush.
    The LuigiU game is rock hard though.
    The WiiU game is not strictly tough just demanding in the same manner that SMB3 and SMW demand skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I reckon he means NSMBU on the WiiU, that can be pretty frustrating in comparison to 3D World which is a lot more forgiving.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The WiiU game is not strictly tough just demanding in the same manner that SMB3 and SMW demand skill.

You can substitute "The WiiU Game" with "Brain Surgery" , "Olympic-standard Archery", "Cheating the Devilfish at Poker" etc etc and the sentence is still just as patronising and unfair to those of us who don't possess the skills! It's tough. So there.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    You can substitute "The WiiU Game" with "Brain Surgery" , "Olympic-standard Archery", "Cheating the Devilfish at Poker" etc etc and the sentence is still just as patronising and unfair to those of us who don't possess the skills! It's tough. So there.

Luigi U, now that is the equivalent of performing brain surgery with an Olympic standard bow and arrow.
    But the regular NSMBU game isn't a walk over, though the original certainly was on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Bought Black Ops II the other week and started getting into it this week.
    Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Bought Black Ops II the other week and started getting into it this week.
    Looks good.

Let me know when you're online and I'll join you for an aul shootout.

Gave Mariokart a run out last night - haven't really played it properly, it's been more of a sit-down-with-the-kids thing (ie 50cc and no gloating :D ) but I'm dying to see 200CC on Baby Park.

Every 150cc GP is the same, blue shelled on the last lap of the 3rd or 4th race then 2-5 red shells up the arse before I can get moving again, knocking me out of title contention. I ****ing hate that game. Which is why I'm going back for more tonight.

Played my first game of Mariokart online. Why did it take me so long?
    Got me thinking though - Considering there's no voice-chat in random Mariokart matchups, (or there is and I had the sound turned down) there's quite a lot of scope for being a smug pr**k towards your fellow players - I opened with "Go Easy on Me" before the first race, which I promptly won by a mile in a very dishonourable fashion, followed by copious amounts of "Hooray" and "That was fun"s, safe in the knowledge that there's no chat option for "**** you!". Removing voice chat from a title like Splatoon will stop people from communicating constructively but won't stop the ***holes. We always find a way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've started playing Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. Brilliant!

I almost wet myself laughing when
    they're in the bakery and Wright slams down on the table making the flour go flying
    . It's also surprisingly dark, like
    when they burn the witches! I suppose you don't see anything though

(0:50 in this video... spoiler...)

Youtube link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

^ just finished the Ace attorney trilogy and im about to start apollo justice then to Miles edgeworth investigations , am hoping to get to PW vs Proffesor layton before the end of the summer :)

I knew something was wrong. I loved MK8 too much. Something didn't make sense.

Now I know.

200cc.

Jesus, 200cc.

First, eight, fourth, second (on the line).

Graaagh! Cutesy, this is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I knew something was wrong. I loved MK8 too much. Something didn't make sense.

Now I know.

200cc.

Jesus, 200cc.

First, eight, fourth, second (on the line).

Graaagh! Cutesy, this is not.

Is it as bad/good as F-Zero? Granted, F-Zero has a health bar (satanic), but is the speed similar?

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Is it as bad/good as F-Zero? Granted, F-Zero has a health bar (satanic), but is the speed similar?

Can't really answer that, apart from to say that I also suck at F Zero.

Advertisement