Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Broke out the 3ds for the 1st time in months, started playing driver renegade. Playing Mario kart and house of the dead 2 on the wii. Been picking up Wii games second hand over the last week so plenty of nintendo gaming for me over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I've been playing Wind Waker HD over the last few days and I LOVE this game! It's on my all time favourite games list at this stage.

World-Crown in Super Mario 3D World is causing me to slowly lose my sanity. Particularly the mystery house which is just a war of attrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I've been playing Lego Jurassic World on the 3DS for the past week, it ok, kinda funny but no open world but I'm ok with that for the moment. It's defo not worth the full asking price though, maybe €10.

I'm still plugging through Lego City on WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yoshi's Woolly World is such a great game. The reviewers who said it was too easy just aren't playing it right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Gonna finally get round to ZombiU tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Gonna finally get round to ZombiU tonight!

I got this 2 days after I got my Wii U and haven't played it once since!

Must give it a try soon too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Good luck guys, it's feckin tense.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze can be a painfully, punishingly difficult game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze can be a painfully, punishingly difficult game.

I know, it's brilliant. Discovered my tears had a slight tapioca quality to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's like a cute, 2D, candy coloured Dark Souls

Sonic Lost World is a really pretty game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm playing Yoshi's Woolly World. I'm on World 5. Really like the game. It's a relaxing chill out kind of game. The bonus S levels at the end of each world are devilish and brilliant. It's definitely worth the asking price. The graphics are gorgeous, some of the music is lovely and it's just a happy game.

Some minor complaints. Repeated music on some levels and rehashed boss fights.

I'd give it somewhere between an 8 or a 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Aimead

Advance Wars 2.

Sonic Lost World is a really pretty game.

I know the reputation Sonic Boom on Wii U has but I'm rather enjoying Lost World. And I don't usually care much for Sonic games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I know the reputation Sonic Boom on Wii U has but I'm rather enjoying Lost World. And I don't usually care much for Sonic games.

Hmm, I got lost world at launch, hated the controls and never went back. Are you saying I should give it another go?

My main problem with Sonic traditionally is that I never feel in control, I always feel like I'm moving faster than I can reasonably react to so whenever I run into an enemy or fall in a pit it usually felt cheap or conversely moving painfully slowly when you were forced to slow down. I don't think they ever quite worked out to to deliver Sonic's core premise, moving fast, in a really enjoyable playable way.

I don't have that problem with Lost World. Two worlds in its probably my favourite Sonic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

My main problem with Sonic traditionally is that I never feel in control, I always feel like I'm moving faster than I can reasonably react to so whenever I run into an enemy or fall in a pit it usually felt cheap or conversely moving painfully slowly when you were forced to slow down. I don't think they ever quite worked out to to deliver Sonic's core premise, moving fast, in a really enjoyable playable way.

I don't have that problem with Lost World. Two worlds in its probably my favourite Sonic game.

Oh, the cheap deaths in Sonic Lost World are still to come. I started out liking that game a bit at first too then just got extremely frustrated and bored. I powered through to the end, it's better than Sonic Boom but that's not saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They need to learn from the likes of Kirby and Yoshi's Wooly World and even Super Mario 3D World - make the level relatively easy to finish so that you can learn the basic route, but then have branching levels of difficulty to get various collectables, open alternative exits or gather extra rings/chao/insert-collectable-here so that your death never feels cheap, it feels like you were asking for it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, I got lost world at launch, hated the controls and never went back. Are you saying I should give it another go?

I think they went back and patched it into playability.
    I have it as a digital download but never play it, I'll pick up a physical copy at some point.
    It doesn't seem as dreadful as the Black Knight game, but it isn't the Sonic Galaxy portmanteau we were promised in the previews.
    I don't think we'll see a great Sonic game again, best to just revel in the Sonic through to Sonic & Knuckles on the MD instead.

• Advertisement

It's scary to think A Link to the Past was made in 1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Playing Splatoon mainly. About 14 hours in at the moment and level 14 as well as it happens.

Hope to get to 20 in the next week or so. Not getting to play as much as I'd like.

It really is serious fun though. A few tweaks like:

1. Offscreen play
    2. Local multi screen matches
    3. Ability to play in a team of your choosing

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a New 3DS with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate yesterday so I have intended on playing that but I haven't been able to put down the 3D Sega classic version of Outrun for long enough yet! Love the New 3DS though, the 3D is so much more stable the second controller nub works so much better than I thought it would and the screen size is perfect. I always thought the 3DS XL screens were too big and !ade the games look overly pixelated and poor but the New 3DS has bigger screens than the standard 3DS while keeping the resolution decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Have spent the last 2 weeks, playing the original Golf game on Wii Sports with a friend. We're having so much craic, such a fun and simple game.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Playing through professor layton pandoras box at the moment. Finding the puzzles harder than the curious village but enjoying the story nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't understand the flack that Kirby on the Wii U gets. I know you can't look at the TV when playing but so what? It hardly looks terrible on the controller! Just accept it as your tablet game.

I paid about 30 euro for it a while back and I'm definitely getting my money's worth.

Slow and steady wins the race though. Trying to race through the levels do not end well for me.

The final Challenge House in Super Mario 3D World is legitimately one of the toughest things I've ever had to do in a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Playing a lot of fifa 13 now that the premiership is back :)
    Took a while to update my squad (don't try auto-update; it don't work) but I've walloped the Saints even more than the real Toffees and I'm happy out.

You really need to pump up the difficulty though to really enjoy it.

I've been digging into Nintendo Land properly for the first time and it's a REALLY good game. The Plaza thing with all the different items and music from Nintendo franchises is super neat, the mini-games are great and there's this brilliant remix of the Balloon Trip theme!

• Advertisement

I got to the end of Donkey Kong's Crash Course and I am immensely proud of myself.

Advertisement