Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

sweetie wrote: »
    That bundle is £219 on tesco direct. Post to parcel motel/wizard

Thanks! Didn't know about Tesco Direct.

Neither is a physical disc I just noticed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Banjo wrote: »
    Got "The Swindle"!
    Started a new game!
    Figured out the button for "Open Door"
    Did not correctly figure out the button for "hit Guard on head" or "push guard off ledge"
    Died
    Regretted not reading manual and went to bed.

Is it worth getting? Reviews I've read have been broadly positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That was my review.
    I have literally played it long enough to walk through a door, not kill a guard, set off an alarm, run away, hide, run back and not kill the guard again. Why would you want to listen to my opinion? Oh well, here we go :
    As games that involve not knowing what button to press and getting killed go, I really like the art style...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Banjo wrote: »
    That was my review.
    I have literally played it long enough to walk through a door, not kill a guard, set off an alarm, run away, hide, run back and not kill the guard again. Why would you want to listen to my opinion? Oh well, here we go :
    As games that involve not knowing what button to press and getting killed go, I really like the art style...?

Thanks, purchased on the sole basis of your review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Been playing a bit of Ultra Smash lately and it's a shame because the game looks great and the core mechanics are great but there's just so little content there. It could've been a lot of fun if they didn't rush it out for Christmas and added more modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Metroid Prime for the very first time.

I feel like Ellen Ripley!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wii edition? Brilliant game. Must replay it sometime this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Metroid Prime for the very first time.

I feel like Ellen Ripley!

The game is incredible and has aged very well, compared to Halo, which was launched at around the same time.
    The sense of being an explorer in a not quite dead world is brilliant, scanning rooms, collecting lore, finding new shortcuts, makes me want to play it all over again!
    I never finished the Wii remake, only the GameCube original when it came out.

Yes the Wii edition which I downloaded when it was cheap a while back. Fantastic so far.

The Wii's control scheme is so intuitive, not only in this game. That's one thing I do love about the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yes the Wii edition which I downloaded when it was cheap a while back. Fantastic so far.

The Wii's control scheme is so intuitive, not only in this game. That's one thing I do love about the console.

On that note, blasting through The Mercenaries now.

Rat-at-at-at-at
    Eeeeugh!
    Rat-ataatataatatata
    *grenade*
    Boom
    Eeeeeugh
    Rtatataa...

Etc.

Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy when it was released but couldn't help myself when it arrived via e Virtual Console as well.
    I keep meaning to set aside a month and finish the three of them in sequence, I never did complete the second one, so hard!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just started the first Bayonetta.

Stone trophies are the best trophies, right? :o

Over a year later I finally go back to this game. Left off last time after just finishing Chapter 1. Got 2 chapters played last night. May replay the beginning just to get a refresher on some of the moves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you want to prepare yourself for the first one, play the second one. It's far more forgiving and most of what you learn is backwards compatible. Sure, there might be spoilers but it's not like you can ruin a story that was written by randomly cutting bits out of the Bible, the Necronomicon Ex Mortis and a the letters page of Penthouse, putting the shreds into a shotgun barrel and blasting them at the screen.

On the first one, it's really important that your fingers can whip out combos faster than you can think to do them, because your eyes need to be ever-alert for game-ending Quick Time Events

Yeah the QTEs are crazy. I usually die the first time but that's not really my fault because the prompt doesn't even get fully displayed before I die.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I'm currently playing Super Mario 3D World, I've finally unlocked the final world!

I spent most the of the weekend stuck on the Mystery House Marathon but managed to beat it last night, I started the very last level died twice and gave up, I'd reached my limit of Mario! Looking forward to finishing it tonight, great game with some excellent levels.

I'm currently playing Super Mario 3D World, I've finally unlocked the final world!

I spent most the of the weekend stuck on the Mystery House Marathon but managed to beat it last night, I started the very last level died twice and gave up, I'd reached my limit of Mario! Looking forward to finishing it tonight, great game with some excellent levels.

I have New Super Mario Bros Wii U coming in the post this week. I'm already thinking about what to get next. I was thinking 3D world but am not sure about getting 2 Mario games in a row. I know they are different, but how different? I am also considering Donkey Kong.

budgemook wrote: »
    I have New Super Mario Bros Wii U coming in the post this week. I'm already thinking about what to get next. I was thinking 3D world but am not sure about getting 2 Mario games in a row. I know they are different, but how different? I am also considering Donkey Kong.

They share common elements, but the games are very different and compliment each other perfectly.
    Super Mario 3D World is probably the safest game purchase a person could make, given how brilliant it is.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They share common elements, but the games are very different and compliment each other perfectly.
    Super Mario 3D World is probably the safest game purchase a person could make, given how brilliant it is.

Guess it has to be bought so.

Any tips on where to purchase?

Guess it has to be bought so.

Any tips on where to purchase?

It seems to be €54.99 in both Smyth's and Argos.
    The game is well worth the money, to be honest, along with Mario Kart 8 it's amongst the best game so this console generation.

Like Ciderman said, it's definitely worth the money! I finally completed the last level after 3 hours solid of trying! I put almost 40 hours into that game so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth!

New Super Mario Wii U is also an excellent game, it's one of my favourite 2D Mario games, it's easy enough to beat the game but to complete 100% is definitely a good challenge!

I'm currently playing through Donkey Kong Country Returns and I'm really enjoying it so I'll definitely be picking up Tropical Freeze after I complete it!

• Advertisement

I'm also currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, it took a while to get used to the grainy graphics on the 3DS but I'm now almost 50 hours in and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

The scale of the areas, the soundtrack, the voice acting and the story are all excellent! I was a bit lost with the fighting at the start but I've got the hang of it now. I'm looking forward to playing XBCX on the Wii U when I finish this!

I'm also currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, it took a while to get used to the grainy graphics on the 3DS but I'm now almost 50 hours in and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

That's good to hear. I'd prefer to own a physical copy myself and the Wii version is still mighty expensive. May pick this up at some stage.

There good to hear. I'd prefer to own a physical copy myself and the Wii version is still mighty expensive. May pick this up at some stage.

I think if I had the choice to start over I'd rather play it on the Wii, I think the sense of scale is lost a little on the 3DS screen. Also there were times when zoomed out I couldn't really see what was going on!

On the other hand though if I was to play it at home on the tv I'd be playing it for the next few years! Playing it on the 3DS means I get to play at least an hour a day on the dart!

I can only imagine how long it'll take me to get through Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU! :eek:

I have the physical edition for the Wii, its the limited one too, with the controller. I might be selling it later on, I'll post a link if I do.

I have the physical edition for the Wii, its the limited one too, with the controller. I might be selling it later on, I'll post a link if I do.

Did I remember you saying that you picked up the 3DS version? Any thoughts on it if you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Did I remember you saying that you picked up the 3DS version? Any thoughts on it if you did?

I've played both; the 3DS version is fine, but I definitely preferred the Wii version. There's a much greater sense of scale and there can be a few camera issues due to the small screen size.

The 3DS version is still perfectly playable though and I still really enjoyed it. Being able to take it around with me helped; it's a truly massive game so playing while travelling or away from home was a big help.

I have so much to play on most systems I have never gotten to play Xenoblade on the Wii.
    Buying the New 3DS version I hoped I could find the time here and there to play it and use it as a tutorial for Xenoblade Chronicles X.
    Turns out I've tons needing playing on the 3DS as well, from Bravely Default to Etrian Odyssey IV!

I have so much to play on most systems I have never gotten to play Xenoblade on the Wii.
    Buying the New 3DS version I hoped I could find the time here and there to play it and use it as a tutorial for Xenoblade Chronicles X.
    Turns out I've tons needing playing on the 3DS as well, from Bravely Default to Etrian Odyssey IV!

I was the same, I had loads of 3DS games to play as well, I cleared a few of them and started on Xenoblade, I've now been playing it for the last 4 months almost everyday and I'm not disappointed or sick of it, it really is epic! I feel like I'm getting near the end of the story now, I'm 50 odd hours in and it's still really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Finally finished Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It's an absolutely tremendous game. Also heartlessly difficult. With a glorious soundtrack.

• Advertisement

I finished A Link Between Worlds today. What do I do with my life now? :(

Advertisement