Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Start playing Earthbound?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

About 20 hours in xenoblade chronicles x, its so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

About 20 hours in xenoblade chronicles x, its so good

Brilliant game, finished it there a few weeks ago,still so much to do tho, ive never wanted a sequel to a game so badly. Probably wont see it tho until the NX is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Playing Sin and Punishment Wii with the zapper, it's great fun to be honest. The 2nd level is a great spectacle especially, winding between the buildings shooting is really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Start playing Earthbound?

I took your advice. Fun game so far with a few laughs.

"Pokey smiles insincerely" during a battle!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Cracked out the old Resident Evil 4 Wii disc there and stuck it into me Wii U. It's the first time i played a Wii disc on a Wii U.

Can anyone tell me is it meant to look so ****ty? I at least thought the Wii Channel would be upscaled from 480p, if not all the games. They don't even go full widescreen on my telly and get cut off a few inches from the side.

I'm not sure if its just Resi 4 or all Wii games, but the picture quality was atrocious!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I took your advice. Fun game so far with a few laughs.

"Pokey smiles insincerely" during a battle!:D

And then play Chronotrigger, seeing as you have these carts lying around the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And then play Chronotrigger, seeing as you have these carts lying around the place!

Chronotrigger is complete good sir (DS version). Completed on Back to the Future Day ironically.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Chronotrigger is complete good sir (DS version). Completed on Back to the Future Day ironically.

I have it for the Snes, the original cartridge, kinda proud I own that one.
    I've a few gems, such as Super Mario RPG, though there is a story behind that purchase.....

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Can I just say that Champion Road in SM3DW has me absolutely depressed - I have just burned through over 150 lives tonight and still not got past the switch blocks.

I'm not usually one for rage quitting but this is pushing my limits!!#$#@$!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Can I just say that Champion Road in SM3DW has me absolutely depressed - I have just burned through over 150 lives tonight and still not got past the switch blocks.

I'm not usually one for rage quitting but this is pushing my limits!!#$#@$!

This reminded me of that add: You will never be a fisherman, yes I will! Probably isn't relevant but still it was funny in my mind:-) anyway you'll get their one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Kicked off Yoshi's Woolly World last night. It's cute. And really easy. Until you reach the end of the level and it turns out you missed one flower. The hell I did, you little green ****! Gimme my gold star!

On the one hand it's a delightful fusion of Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Epic Yarn. On the other, I already played and enjoyed both of those games, do I need to play them again? Reserving judgement till around world 3 I think.

I played and finished Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story the first time around, loving them both.
    Can't seem to get into this one though, as it joins the rack of games going unplayed :(
    But it is surely enraging to see you missed something at levels end, reminds me of completing a Doom level with 8/10 secrets found!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I thought Woolly World was the best Yoshi game since the SNES original, I played it in co-op and again in single player, where I completed it 100%. At least it remembers which collectibles you've already collected so you don't have to find them all in one run of a level. The stamp beads are usually the worst to find all of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Woolly World is also great fun as a co-op game.

Playing some Mario Sunshine, can't get stuck in properly because I'm still waiting on a Gamecube memory card, but I do love how Mario moves in this game. It's a shame they never brought back the belly bounce thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Playing Project X Zone 2 liking it so far, its hard to combo correctly tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

So 6 months and 70 hours later I've finally beaten Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS!

I really enjoyed this game, it is epic and the story was excellent, there was only one point towards the end that I had to grind but overall it was challenging but not too difficult.

Playing the levels in Mario Sunshine that take FLUDD away makes me appreciate how essential the Luma Spin introduced in Mario Galaxy was to making Mario 3D platforming work.

I started Hyrule Warriors recently and am totally addicted now, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I used some eShop credit I got for Christmas to buy the "season pass" DLC last night so I expect to be playing it for a long time to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

elekid wrote: »
    I started Hyrule Warriors recently and am totally addicted now, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I used some eShop credit I got for Christmas to buy the "season pass" DLC last night so I expect to be playing it for a long time to come.

Really not sure about this, never having played any of the Dynasty Warriors games. Is there anything Zelda-like about it other than the use of the characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I never played any of the Dynasty Warriors games either, but loved Hyrule Warriors. It makes good use of the different Zelda characters, locations and items/weapons.

Star Lord wrote: »
    I never played any of the Dynasty Warriors games either, but loved Hyrule Warriors. It makes good use of the different Zelda characters, locations and items/weapons.

I've tried a few Dynasty Warriors games and also Fist of the North star but I got quickly bored of them! Does the Zelda setting really make it worth playing for a Zelda fan??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can only speak for myself, as that really comes down to personal taste, but both my fiancée and I spent way more time playing Hyrule Warriors than we'd ever anticipated...

I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point in the future, I'm a sucker for anything Zelda related!

Four Swords was amazing that one time I had 3 other people with GBA's to play along and I still have Link's crossbow training!

I found the combat VERY limited in Hyrule Warriors, and initially I couldn't get into it when I had the far richer Bayonetta 1&2 waiting to be button-mashed. But I went back - still found it very limited but if you stop thinking of it as a combat game and start playing it like Pokemon - ie grinding all your characters' levels up like crazy - well, before I knew it I'd been playing for 3 hours and was foaming at the mouth. Give it a shot and let it get it's hooks into you!

DLC is a mixed bag. I think. I bought it when I got the game, so I don't know what's DLC and what unlocks through gameplay. Do you really need to play as Link in a pair of short-shorts and a postman hat? No. But I think there are alternate game modes, maps and playable villains that make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Don't think it's for me. Currently working my way to the end of Skyward Sword and will probably revisit Twilight Princess after that, in anticipation of the Wii U Zelda. Any indication that it's actually coming out this year?

This all sounds very familiar. I had never played a Warriors game before, didn't expect to spend much time on this and found it shallow at first, but now I unexpectedly love it and plan to complete and unlock as much of it as I can.

It is a Warriors game though so not much Zelda like gameplay, except maybe fighting the stronger enemies (lock on, circle around, block, dodge and exploit weak points using special items). Maybe I'd be a Warriors fan anyway but the Zelda characters, music and setting definitely help keep my interest.

The Hero of Hyrule pack I got adds so much to the game. I don't care about costumes but it also includes new characters, new weapons, new story levels, new Challenge modes and 3 new Adventure maps, which is a huge amount of extra content. It's some of the best value dlc I've ever seen.

Hyrule Warriors is a total turn your brain off and slash through countless hordes of enemies while feeling like a badass kind of game.

• Advertisement

Started playing Animal Crossing again, only to find my daughters have cut down most of the trees in town.
    Mother pus bucket!

So I started rebuilding my town using a secret stash of fruit they clearly didn't know I had... then the last firmware update before yesterdays one bricked my 3DS (boots to black screen, can pull up the Power Off screen if forced, pressing home brings up the Home loading banner and sticks there - it's documented and there's no fix). And force-flashing with yesterdays update didn't fix it. Very despondent. So I'm not playing anything. Oh woe is me, fellow Nintendites

Advertisement