Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Charge Blade lover myself too, I'm using the Rathian one "Dear Lutemis" at the minute. Once you figure out how to use them, they're awesome!!!

I've not managed to get the knack of 'guard points', and am still stuck unable to get past the "Tipping the scales" mission, as I'm playing it solo, and the big beastie keeps handing my ass to me... Think I might need to spend some more time grinding for a better version of my CB!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The only issue withcharge blade, that there are feck all upgrades so far. Even the upgrades you do, they all look same model. I am a huge eye candy whore. :)
    I am focusing a bit more on caravan quests too for now. Want to upgrade kitchen and trader. Plus get some gear before I start online.
    I only now built ship. Haven't even sailed on it, had to go pick up misses from work and "beast". Don't know if I will have time to play until Friday, but even then I am on babysitter duties.

When I get my gear a bit up, maybe we can play online starlord? 2 is not perfect for online, but with little bit of struggle we could advance a bit. :)

I'm fairly useless, but I'd be up for giving it a try!

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'm fairly useless, but I'd be up for giving it a try!

Me too lol. Two useless might make one half arsed Hunter. :D

I wish ball would play it, he was a sum beast in Mh3, he was teaching me so much!

Well, I had a chance to play some mh4 again! I already clocked 19 hours in it.

Had a fight with rathalos today too. I forgot how unpredictably bitchy it can be. I only fainted twice in 19h and one of them was by rathalos, who just pinned me down and just stunlocked me.
    Good thing is I farmed it a bit amd got rathalos charge blade. Woot! :)

I almost bough fire emblem today, but I realised I wouldn't play it much, mh4 is way too addictive right now.

• Advertisement

You've possibly already passed me then! Lol! Can't get past gore magala!

You've possibly already passed me then! Lol! Can't get past gore magala!

****, i always mix those up, I killed rathian and got weapons. Rathalos is red one, even nastier one, right?

I have urgent quest for gore magala now, is that where you are now?
    I was fighting it previous missions and he looked okay, might be a bit unpredictable, but I fought some way nastier crap in Mh3.
    I got my weapon upgraded so now I can work on armour. I think I'll do that first and then tackle the gore magala. The damn thing is like toothless from how to train your dragon. :D

****, i always mix those up, I killed rathian and got weapons. Rathalos is red one, even nastier one, right?

I have urgent quest for gore magala now, is that where you are now?
    I was fighting it previous missions and he looked okay, might be a bit unpredictable, but I fought some way nastier crap in Mh3.
    I got my weapon upgraded so now I can work on armour. I think I'll do that first and then tackle the gore magala. The damn thing is like toothless from how to train your dragon. :D

Yeah, Rathian is the female, and typically green. The Gore Magala one I'm on is "Tipping the scales", I'm just not that good and don't have enough time to dedicate to it! :(

Yeah, Rathian is the female, and typically green. The Gore Magala one I'm on is "Tipping the scales", I'm just not that good and don't have enough time to dedicate to it! :(

Thing about monster hunter games, that they are like dark souls games, you actually get better and better with your skill and learning monsters. First try titian I used about 8 pots in total, next two times I barely used two. Just need some practice to down Gore.
    If I am not to wrecked after work I'll try to give it a go with current gear and see what happens. You talking about 4 star quest, right?

Thing about monster hunter games, that they are like dark souls games, you actually get better and better with your skill and learning monsters. First try titian I used about 8 pots in total, next two times I barely used two. Just need some practice to down Gore.
    If I am not to wrecked after work I'll try to give it a go with current gear and see what happens. You talking about 4 star quest, right?

Can't quite remember if it's the last 4 Star one of not... But it is called "Tipping the scales"

• Advertisement

Can't quite remember if it's the last 4 Star one of not... But it is called "Tipping the scales"

So yesterday afterwork, before bed I decided to give a go at it. That's the quest indeed.

Was curious to see if I can put even a dent in bastard with my current gear. Well, turns out I downed the fecker in first Try. It was a bit fairy on phase two, but all in all fight went not too bad. Fire switch blade worked wonders on it.
    Definitely give it a go again m8. He is not that hard. Its just a bit more pissed off rathian. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I picked up the Nintendo Selects copy of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze a few weeks ago and am loving it so far.

It really feels like a SNES-era game in terms of difficulty and considering DKC2 is one of my favourite games ever, that is exactly what I wanted.

Also finishing off Yoshi's Wooly World which again is a masterpiece in terms of level design but a lot more of a sedate pace compared to DKC:TF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I picked up the Nintendo Selects copy of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze a few weeks ago and am loving it so far.

Meant to pick that up last week when in Smyths, totally forgot. It's €25 yes? Is that the price across the board even in Gamestop or do they add on extra as usual does anyone know?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Meant to pick that up last week when in Smyths, totally forgot. It's €25 yes? Is that the price across the board even in Gamestop or do they add on extra as usual does anyone know?

I got it from Amazon for £18.45 as I was buying something else anyways so got free delivery.

It should be €25 in all shops though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think "Select" games are €30 in Gamestop.
    Open to correction, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I received a telling off from one of the GS managers :o, for requesting a game be collected in a different store than it was in stock to.
    They didn't have the game in my local, and there was/is no option to get it delivered.
    Basically, they'll do it this once, but this is the only time, and I'm not to ask again.. (Apparently it costs them a lot to ship between stores and it has to leave on a Tuesday).

The whole thing left me very confused. I thought it was normal practice.

I have never done it before. How do people normally get them from a store fairly far away? Ask someone to collect if for them, or go there themselves?

Mr E wrote: »
    I think "Select" games are €30 in Gamestop.
    Open to correction, though.

Was in the one in Stephen's Green at lunch and you are correct. Wind Waker selects was €29.99.

They are all €24.99 in Smyths though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Allyall wrote: »
    I received a telling off from one of the GS managers :o, for requesting a game be collected in a different store than it was in stock to.
    They didn't have the game in my local, and there was/is no option to get it delivered.
    Basically, they'll do it this once, but this is the only time, and I'm not to ask again.. (Apparently it costs them a lot to ship between stores and it has to leave on a Tuesday).

The whole thing left me very confused. I thought it was normal practice.

I have never done it before. How do people normally get them from a store fairly far away? Ask someone to collect if for them, or go there themselves?

It's manager dependent.
    They move stock between stores all the time, with traded in games being taken into the shops and, if there is a surplus of Brown Coloured PS3 FPS in Cork they'll ship it back to the warehouse in Swords before it leaves once more to the shop in Galway that hasn't any left.
    The staff member is just being lazy, or the manager is a cnut, and is just uninterested in helping you out.
    Costs them nothing as I said, there's vans heading in and out of the GS warehouse in Swords from all corners all the time, the only thing is the staff member has to make a call and maybe print out a request.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I played Mega Man yesterday fire the first time.

Modern games are quite easy aren't they? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Spoken like a person who has yet to play Dark Souls, New Super Luigi or Tropical Freeze!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Spoken like a person who has yet to play Dark Souls, New Super Luigi or Tropical Freeze!

Mega Man seems to require a new level of memory beyond those, like where to place him so he's out of danger for a moment. Every pixel counts.

Yeah, I have Megaman II on the NES and it's as tough as old boots, but the series is one of those that, when everything is learned, the player looks like some sort of god, just leaping, jumping and blasting his way with apparent zero effort through the rounds.
    I am not one of those people.
    The only Megaman game I ever beat was the one of the Gameboy.

Sadly, there was a compilation planned of all of Megaman's adventures on the Nintendo handheld, but it was cancelled, why I don't know, it would have sold by the bucket load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I'm currently playing Super Metroid on Wii U Virtual Console. Its my first time outside of messing around on an emulator back in the day. I feel like an idiot for not playing this game sooner, its absolutely amazing! I'm just past the Wrecked Ship, got the gravity suit and about to start Maridia. A few thoughts;

- The sense of scale in this game is so great, when you get a bit into it and see how all the areas are connected, its really amazing even by today's standards, must have been mind-blowing all those years ago.

- The soundtrack is among the best I've ever heard.

- How the heck did people play this game without the restore-point function? I'd be lost without it! Also, I'm making fairly heavy use of a guide to help me along the way. I know this is heresy for lots of people, but I find I enjoy certain games a lot more using a guide when I get stuck. Keeps me from rage-quitting!

I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy downloaded to play once I've beaten this. Never played 'em either, looking forward to that experience! Are the Wii controls generally considered better for Prime, or were the original GameCube controls superior? I have access to the GC versions as well, but handier to play on the Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

pasta-solo wrote:
    I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy downloaded to play once I've beaten this. Never played 'em either, looking forward to that experience! Are the Wii controls generally considered better for Prime, or were the original GameCube controls superior? I have access to the GC versions as well, but handier to play on the Wii U.

I found it one of the best games suited to the Wiimote

You are in for a wonderful treat with the Prime titles and, as just said, they work wonderfully with the Wiimotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm in the middle of Pokemon OR at the moment. I've just finished X and stored about 350 Pokemon in the Bank in prep for Sun/Moon, so I'm doing the same with OR. I've Fire Emblem waiting for when I finish with this to get me through the couple of months to that release.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Back playing a bit of Super Mario Maker, had been playing Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition before that. Must get back to it soon, haven't played it in over a week, I'm about halfway through it and it's a really great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

At 49% completion on Arkham City, you are basically at the end of the original plot - there's the Catwoman and DLC story, then a whole lot of side-quests to clean up. It is fantastic, and I'd advise you to avoid the Arkham Origins sequel - it's grand but it just doesn't have that pizzazz.

Story-wise, Arkham Origins is pretty decent though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

pasta-solo wrote: »

Would recommend picking up Zero Mission and Fusion on the Wii U VC as well. Granted, they're not quite up to Super's level in terms of scope and whatnot, but they're very worthy follow-ups/remakes.

Advertisement